• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Refurb

cinderella78

Earning My Ears
I'm trying to figure out if VWL was recently refurbished. If so how long ago and does anyone have any pics of the new stuff - specifically the villa rooms. My husband and I are just starting to talk about adding on points somewhere and I really like the look of VWL, but I can't find any recent pics of it. I'd love to add on at VGF, but no one wants to resell their contract :confused3 I can't understand why?? ;) (Also those points cost a lot more).

Heidi

We were at WLV last Xmas. We had a nightmare of a room with so many problems & issues we were on a first name bases with the head of housekeeping, maintenance, and the general manager. After many long talks with them we learned that the WLV is going to get a refurb & they were in the testing faze of materials. We were told it would be a major refurb, not just a soft refurb where they change linens. From our experience the rooms are in need of it! But we love the resort so much. It truly is beautiful, especially during Xmas. We won't go back though until the rooms get redone. Once that happens we won't hesitate to go back. Despite all the problems & issues we had, everyone did their best to rectify things & were very kind to us & felt terrible about all the issues. (Being Xmas week the resort was full so there was no other room to move to)

It's a tough resort to get into, so if you love it then buy points there. The location is great, so are the good options & the place is beautiful.

We were there in May with two, 100% trouble-free studios. Everyone's experience will vary, and this goes for any of the resorts.

Regarding the last refurb, I can't say with certainty, as I am a relatively new member, but I thought some of the furniture (i.e. pullout couches) were replaced within the last few years? I will let someone with more experience confirm.

A refurb was done in 2008 where the pullout couches were replaced among other things. That's the last that I've heard about refurbs.

A refurb was done in 2008 where the pullout couches were replaced among other things. That's the last that I've heard about refurbs.

That's the last one I know of too. They replaced carpet, drapes etc. - the soft goods refurb. They also replaced or reupholstered a chair and the sofas and the tv stands in the studios and perhaps the master bedrooms as well as changed to flat screens.

We also have not had any issues with room conditions on our stays but all resorts will get issues with some rooms.

Sell our VWL contract? Hmmmmmm - nope! :rotfl:

So it sounds like they did one in 2008, but might be in the process of a major refurb in the near future? How often do the villas typically get refurbished (all the villa resorts)?

They have never been totally refurbished. When we stayed at VWL in January, they were redoing a two bedroom lockoff down the hall from us. Tore out the carpet and replaced it with wood look flooring, changed the carpet in the corridor outside the room, repainted the wall in the corridor outside the room, replaced the wallpaper outside the room in the corridor. Might have been a mockup for a potential refurbishment. But I didn't like the look over the current look in the villas.

According to Notice of Annual Meeting send out recently, the resort has an interior refurbishment life of 1-36 years at VWL and remaining life is 1-23 years (it has been opened for 13 years).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter