VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

I haven't gotten any wonky computer feedback or scrunching, but I now notice that if I hover my cursor over a person's icon, it will pull up some sort of mini-spread sheet with, among other things, the number of posts that person had (I missed that on icons the past couple of years), something called a "reaction score" and then "points." If that function has been there all along, I somehow missed it. Regardless, what the heck is a reaction score and why a point score? (Edited to add: Can I use those points to book DVC? pirate: )

I haven't gotten any wonky computer feedback or scrunching, but I now notice that if I hover my cursor over a person's icon, it will pull up some sort of mini-spread sheet with, among other things, the number of posts that person had (I missed that on icons the past couple of years), something called a "reaction score" and then "points." If that function has been there all along, I somehow missed it. Regardless, what the heck is a reaction score and why a point score? (Edited to add: Can I use those points to book DVC? pirate: )

Yes, that functionality with the avatars has been there for some time now.

Reaction score means how many time people have reacted to your posts by putting Like on it. For instance, I bumped up your reaction score by putting a thumbs up "like" reaction on your post.

Points means you've hit some milestones...on these boards you max out at 113 points. Click on the 113 and you will see how you earned those points.

And no, the points are not usable to book DVC reservations. Pity. :rotfl2:

Holy guacamole! *he says as the Groupies stumble toward the fold*

Sadly, still over a month out from our trip. We'll get there, I know. . .

So, all that hover information has been there for quite some time, eh? Well, no one ever accused me of being technical genius. . .or just a plain genius for that matter. . .and why do the points max out at 113? Why do they max out at all? I should also get a senior discount for any purchase I make with my avatar points. Just sayin'. . .

I liked those pillows. They're cute. I too give a thumbs down to live action Bambi. Not necessary.

I thought it was just me. Really annoying. Hope it's a temporary glitch.

@Jperiod you did get a great view! :thumbsup2

I forgot to mention for my Dec. stay I put in a request for high floor lake side. What did I get? 2nd floor, bus side almost all the way down near the dreaded dumpster view. It actually turned out to be a great room. Almost across from an exit stairway & it was really quiet. Still would have liked a lake view though.
Hey Julie!
Happy to see you here on the Groupies! As has been said before, once a groupie, always a groupie!
We were at CC Dec. 6, one night in a GV. Wowzer that was nice and short lived. Then we moved over to VWL in two 1 bedrooms, one for T, Me and Casey, and another for our DD, DSIL and and new grandson. My requests were as follows, near elevator, high floor. No lake view, no pool view, just those two requests. What do we get, near elevator, great! Only problem, no elevator needed as they put us on 1st floor, well I dont need no stinkin' elevator if I'm on the 1st floor!!:teeth:

Our DD and family were facing the trees that block the pool. Us, we were facing the wooden walkway that heads towards to main Lodge out of VWL. We really like upper floors because you have some privacy and can drink coffee on balcony. T wasn't a happy camper as she pegged it right, we weren't going to use that patio to drink coffee in the AM as everyone would be looking our way whilst we sip away in our PJs. And we didn't . I tried once, lasted all of 10 seconds as 3 people passed and every one of em gave me a look as I tried to get comfy with my coffee:crazy:

Bottom line for me, 1st request from now on, at VWL, High Floor. Thats my one and hope only time on the 1st floor at VWL

Well, I just learned something. I had no idea that clicking on the "Like" gave credit to the poster. Gee, Granny, if we can't cash the points in for a toaster or something, is there some other reason they may be important? In case they are, I'll start using them. To be honest, I have NEVER clicked on the "Like" button in ANYTHING; I just have never trusted what I may get or what "List" I would be on for additional Internet trash. :confused3

Well, I just learned something. I had no idea that clicking on the "Like" gave credit to the poster. Gee, Granny, if we can't cash the points in for a toaster or something, is there some other reason they may be important? In case they are, I'll start using them. To be honest, I have NEVER clicked on the "Like" button in ANYTHING; I just have never trusted what I may get or what "List" I would be on for additional Internet trash. :confused3
:goodvibes

Well, I just learned something. I had no idea that clicking on the "Like" gave credit to the poster. In case they are, I'll start using them. To be honest, I have NEVER clicked on the "Like" button in ANYTHING; I just have never trusted what I may get or what "List" I would be on for additional Internet trash. :confused3

And here I've been thinking for years that you just never liked anything you read on this thread! :rotfl2:

You are safe with this particular "like" button. All it does is give you the opportunity to show that you like a comment without adding a post that says "I agree" or some such thing. As you can see on your latest post, it can also be used to express surprise, sadness or anger over someone's post. It also confirms that someone has read a post even if they haven't posted anything in response. It doesn't send out messages to the world or give you any spam.

Gee, Granny, if we can't cash the points in for a toaster or something, is there some other reason they may be important?

Nope. It just allows some feedback without a ton of low content posts. If we didn't have the "Like" button, I'd have to use this emoji a lot...

:)

And here I've been thinking for years that you just never liked anything you read on this thread! :rotfl2:

You are safe with this particular "like" button. All it does is give you the opportunity to show that you like a comment without adding a post that says "I agree" or some such thing. As you can see on your latest post, it can also be used to express surprise, sadness or anger over someone's post. It also confirms that someone has read a post even if they haven't posted anything in response. It doesn't send out messages to the world or give you any spam.

Nope. It just allows some feedback without a ton of low content posts. If we didn't have the "Like" button, I'd have to use this emoji a lot...

View attachment 469562

:)
What he says. Still, I think something like a Vitamix or a Keurig or something should be available to trade point for. Mods, are you listening? pirate:

Also, while we don't officially follow birthdays anymore, I did want to note that a neighbor of mine--and one of the long-time Groupies--just celebrated his 39th birthday yesterday. So. . . . .

:cake::bday::cake: JT!!!

What he says. Still, I think something like a Vitamix or a Keurig or something should be available to trade point for. Mods, are you listening? pirate:

Also, while we don't officially follow birthdays anymore, I did want to note that a neighbor of mine--and one of the long-time Groupies--just celebrated his 39th birthday yesterday. So. . . . .

:cake::bday::cake: JT!!!
Awww, thanks Sleepy. You're too much, too much I say:tilt:

We had room 3545 (2Br) this past December - lovely room - great view of water parade and side view of the higher fireworks from the balcony...and I grabbed a 1Br for 12/6-12 for 2020 and will try to get near this area - hopefully a higher floor for a better fireworks view

Up and at'em, Groupies! It's the weekend. . .almost. Hope everyone has superb Super Bowl weekend, even if you don't watch the game (which I likely won't watch much of). May get a little snow early tomorrow, but by Monday we're supposed to hit 60F! I'll believe it when I see it. Meanwhile, I came across this article which is basically a fluff piece, yet it might still be of interest to you. Josh D'Amaro is the new head mouse at WDW--let's hope he follows through on his proclaimed emphasis on CMs. https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando...-magic-kingdom-with.html?ana=yahoo&yptr=yahoo

Thanks for the Bday wishes folks, y'all are so kind to acknowledge it.

Speaking of Birthdays, I saw a friend post on FB this AM a tidbit(not scientific knowledge, but fun all the same)where you figure out the #1 song on your 14th Bday, and it defines your life. So I dug a bit, not hard to search for, and found mine...
"Le Freak" by Chic. Well that pretty much sums it up for me and maybe its scientific after all :rotfl2:

Wow Jimmy . . I looked for the #1 song when I was 14 . . . and found that it depends on what system you use and what type of music (Pop, Rock, Country, etc). But the old songs came rushing back to me; all except the top song listed on my birthday - Bobby Goldsboro's "Honey". I had no recollection of this song, so I found it and played it. Now my eyes are teary. I love my DiznyDi, bought her a puppy this Christmas, planted trees years ago, and the song goes on . . . . . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter