VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Current view...

Ok why is it doing this?? I am unable to flip the pic???!!!

Also, has Geyser Point never accepted TIW or DVC or AP??? I thought they did????

Attachments

• 3F5D46F3-0863-4937-B155-9644CDCE3985.jpeg
    3F5D46F3-0863-4937-B155-9644CDCE3985.jpeg
    99 KB · Views: 15
Here at the Lodge waiting for our 1:30 tasting. It is absolutely beautiful and the gingerbread house is very cute and a nice addition

Had a great flight!!
Corinne, sure hope you folks can catch up after our tasting imagine it will last an hour
Bobbi
Would love to see you! Let’s make a plan

I'll be there from the 8th through the 12th, but staying way down on the savanna. While I'll be on my own quite a bit, I'm mercy to the plans of my boys. I'll keep an ear to the ground here though... I'd love to meet up with some groupies.

Current view...

Also, has Geyser Point never accepted TIW or DVC or AP??? I thought they did????

I've only had lunch at GP once, and as I recall they did not accept discounts. I figured it was because they were new and that would change in time.

It would have helped them to get me to return to have offered the discounts... as is I don't recall much about the meal other than poor attitude from the person seating us.

Current view...

Here you go Corinne...nice pic of your very blue drink! 🍸

3F5D46F3-0863-4937-B155-9644CDCE3985.jpeg

The bar at Geyser Point has never accepted any discounts. I think the counter service next to it accepts AP discount of 10%? But the bar has never accepted TIW/DVC/AP discounts as far as I can remember. We've been told that the bar is operated by a non-Disney company so that's why it won't get on the discount program. Who knows? As Sleepy has pointed out, GP never seems to have fully developed its identity as to what it is. We still enjoy it, but it wouldn't hurt to throw a little discount our way! :)

Here at the Lodge waiting for our 1:30 tasting. It is absolutely beautiful and the gingerbread house is very cute and a nice addition

Pictures of the gingerbread cabin please! Don't worry, I'll straighten them out if that's an issue! :)

Thanks Granny! I was supposed to be capturing the lovely lake view along with my blue cocktail! I’m disappointed in the lack of discounts offered at both Geyser Point and Roaring Fork. I know it’s been discussed previously, but other QS offer the discount. Anyway....why are my pics rotating??

A few of the gingerbread house, not really great photos....

Attachments

• 209D3308-F0C2-43E1-AD8E-FF660ACC01C8.jpeg
    209D3308-F0C2-43E1-AD8E-FF660ACC01C8.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 5
  • D1E5A5A9-343A-4A31-A786-29C414444D43.jpeg
    D1E5A5A9-343A-4A31-A786-29C414444D43.jpeg
    95.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 5F001EA4-02EA-49F3-A5BF-1BE0C46129C9.jpeg
    5F001EA4-02EA-49F3-A5BF-1BE0C46129C9.jpeg
    97.2 KB · Views: 6
Corinne has thrown some pics your way which if mine are same please forgive me

BTW our tasting was very nicely done at RS. We made 2 drinks and had a wonderful charcuterie plate to go along with it
Ian was our bartender and he had lots of history to go along with it
I would recommend
66DFFE11-5A01-43E2-AB16-2826DEECDDA7.jpegBA98F1E6-E3D0-417E-B990-B1664849588E.jpeg18CBA5B1-416D-422D-B6BF-C866FCF74625.jpeg

Thanks Groupies for your warm responses to my health news. I am hoping that when I walk into the lobby on 1/2 the tree will still be up!
I feel very weird staying in Copper Creek for the first time. I am excited about checking it out, but I am hoping that my next trip in late December 2021 will be back at VWL. My granddaughter will be almost 2.5 years old and it will be the first time in over 30 years that I will be planning for a wee one!
My DD and I will have fun planning. She needs to have that right now since her maternity leave just ended and today was her first day back at school. She teaches Head Start and I'm sure they kept her busy. I retired in June 2018 after teaching elementary and Special Ed. I know how tough this time of year is!!
So, I ended up doing a room request on touring plans for the first time, but I am having 2nd thoughts. I saw a picture on a DIS thread of the view from 7119 and in spite of the enclosed balcony, I liked the view of the lake, (my DH and I will be in a studio with walk in shower). I like being on the highest floor, so we'll see what happens.
Hope everyone is enjoying their December so far!

Thanks Granny! I was supposed to be capturing the lovely lake view along with my blue cocktail! I’m disappointed in the lack of discounts offered at both Geyser Point and Roaring Fork. I know it’s been discussed previously, but other QS offer the discount. Anyway....why are my pics rotating??

A few of the gingerbread house, not really great photos....
Nice shots, and we'll be there relatively soon to check out all the decorations for ourselves. As Granny mentioned, GP never has taken discounts, at least not the times we've eaten there. I don't recall about RF vis-a-vis discounts, but we don't eat there anymore, regardless. I'm going to guess that your blue drink was much bluer than the actual water in Bay Lake. pirate:

Thanks Groupies for your warm responses to my health news. I am hoping that when I walk into the lobby on 1/2 the tree will still be up!
I feel very weird staying in Copper Creek for the first time. I am excited about checking it out, but I am hoping that my next trip in late December 2021 will be back at VWL. My granddaughter will be almost 2.5 years old and it will be the first time in over 30 years that I will be planning for a wee one!
My DD and I will have fun planning. She needs to have that right now since her maternity leave just ended and today was her first day back at school. She teaches Head Start and I'm sure they kept her busy. I retired in June 2018 after teaching elementary and Special Ed. I know how tough this time of year is!!
So, I ended up doing a room request on touring plans for the first time, but I am having 2nd thoughts. I saw a picture on a DIS thread of the view from 7119 and in spite of the enclosed balcony, I liked the view of the lake, (my DH and I will be in a studio with walk in shower). I like being on the highest floor, so we'll see what happens.
Hope everyone is enjoying their December so far!
We've enjoyed the top floors before despite the dormer balconies. While you can't see much sitting down, we love the views from up top, and I don't sit for very long, anyway.

Its a tad chilly here in Sunny FL. Not complaining as long pants and a jacket do the trick. Its funny how the fellow sitting next to Casey in the tasting picture is sleeveless, he and his DW are from Boston, and they were feeling warm. We are from NC and feeling chilly(should have kept that sweatshirt on)and the ladies on other side of us were originally from Philly, now live in Jacksonville, FL and were flat out cold. As much as anything, the breeze is the tipping point.

To add, we met a longtime WL CM who has worked there for 17 years. Yesterday he was at the pin trading station. I have recognized him through many trips and of course asked if he remembers Stan. He spoke fondly of Stan and added Jack is doing a good job of filling his shoes. I look forward to getting the chance to speak with Jack as a few here(Dad and Di)speak well of him. Anywho, this CM mentioned his daughter being in the cast of the 2nd rendition of the Mouseketeers and how Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera and a few others used to come to his house for sleepovers with their daughter. He says Vanna White is seen often at WL as its her fave place to stay in WDW when they are filming. You could tell he was proud of his job and the opportunities it availed him to meet celebs, his fondest being a chance meet with Micheal Jackson by himself on an elevator in the Lodge.

As you can see, we did the tasting at RS, and I highly recommend it! It ran longer than I imagined and we could never catch up with Corinne to line up a time to meet. Thats always a challenge, making times line up as we rely so heavily on transportation here and things happen that get in the way. Corinne, it will happen tomorrow night!! Thats a given :goodvibes
We rode a couple rides at MK and tried to find a cousin who works at MK but never saw her. She was probably in hiding:teeth:
After our tasting we headed to Epcot to eat at La Hacienda De San Angel. It was good but not as tasty as times before. I think the restaurants here go through the ups and downs from time to time. We all agree that its not as good as once before for various reasons. We still have our faves and make a point to go to them.

Later today, we are headed to HS, got a Ogas Cantina ressie and looking forward to checking out all the new SW stuff. Also, strategizing to get on the Millennium Falcon late tonight as the park starts to close. Since Rise of the Resistance is making its grand entrance tomorrow night, we feel the park and SW area may be less crowded today. We shall see!

Last edited:
Here's a little picture straightening for the folks in WDW who are kind enough to send photos.

First up, Corinne's pix:

Corinne1.jpeg

Corinne2.jpeg

Corinne3.jpeg

Thanks, Corinne. I'm feeling the Lodge Christmas vibes! :)

But WHY are the pics rotating? How are you editing them Granny?

It's some glitch with the boards and pictures taken with phones that are uploaded directly from them. Several of us have reported it on the IT board but it seems that it is unknown why it is doing it so no fix yet. I think pictures taken in landscape don't rotate? Just when taken portrait.

Oh awesome, thanks so much Kathy! I was purposely NOT taking pics in landscape!

But WHY are the pics rotating? How are you editing them Granny?

As Kathy indicated, it is some glitch between the camera and website. Obviously it happens to Jimmy too. :)

Corinne...I'm just saving the images to my computer then rotating them in "Paint" and then re-posting them. So what you are seeing are edited copies of your originals. It doesn't take long to do, and I'm happy to do it. So don't use that as an excuse to stop posting pictures! :)

So we went to Star Wars land yesterday and I am very impressed with it overall
Disney did a great job with the immersive experience and I could spend a whole day there easy
We went to Olga’s Cantina very cool environment but a bit over the top loud
Millennium falcon is a very cool ride and a must see stand in line experience at least once
Glad they have single rider
549C8DAA-7142-4544-9CD1-6425C6B92F7C.jpeg5757A382-8F25-46AA-95F5-F86E087361AB.jpeg549C8DAA-7142-4544-9CD1-6425C6B92F7C.jpeg5757A382-8F25-46AA-95F5-F86E087361AB.jpeg0608A26D-BF95-4E4F-B9B1-F84C054A24AC.jpegD68B5BB8-9D0B-44B5-A190-012D44B5758A.jpegA077F08F-0D40-43A4-82FA-2FCC8ACC94A9.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter