VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

I do like the rendering of the Tri-Circle D, too. I'm happy, in fact, they're not getting rid of the whole complex. I was afraid it would go the way of the old quiet pool and the nature trail.

And that's a good segue into the following pictures. I mentioned how I hated the wilderness that had been lost over the years earlier, and these shots show some of that. They're from our wedding shoot six years ago. . .

The walkway to the boat dock. . .used to be lots of trees on the lake side. They've mostly cleared them out. The new look is fine, but I do miss those extra trees.

We were walking out to the beach area from the main Lodge, and our photographer saw this serene and gorgeous spot in the trees. It's one of our favorite shots. This area is roughly where the rail car sits on the walkway on the back side of Reunion Station. Again, I miss the trees.

Obviously, this is the old beach area, approximately where the astroturf grass now resides. It's mere steps away from where we shared our first kiss. Even though I think Geyser Point is lovely, I miss the simple, rustic nature of the beach. . .and the trees. ;)

Patrick...thank you for taking us with you on your trip down memory lane. Those are some great pictures, and certainly pull at the memory heartstrings. While I am wistful for some of the former look and feel of the grounds, I can certainly understand why they mean even more to you.

Amazing how the years fly by. I remember you talking about your wedding...seems like yesterday. 🤵👰

Patrick...thank you for taking us with you on your trip down memory lane. Those are some great pictures, and certainly pull at the memory heartstrings. While I am wistful for some of the former look and feel of the grounds, I can certainly understand why they mean even more to you.

Amazing how the years fly by. I remember you talking about your wedding...seems like yesterday. 🤵👰
Thanks, Tom. It does seem just like yesterday in a way (I couldn't very well say it seems like ages ago since Luv does visit this page!): the excitement, the preparation, the ceremony, the heat. Yes, you nailed it--we have a connection to WL that goes beyond how we feel about it as a vacation destination. We have a deep, emotional bond to that place since so many of our early, current, and no doubt future memories have residence there. I hope everyone has that attachment to some one and some place--it's what grounds us. :wizard:

Oh, and we're still 4+ months off from our next trip back. Still, it's good to continue feeling the summer breezes and gorgeous evenings that we've been having lately. I can wait on winter.

Morning, Groupies! Day 5 of school here, but I must say my schedule is a good one this year. They did me no favors by combining two different sections of two different classes, however. So, I have students in both classes who will be sitting through some of the same material they had last year. My challenge will be to make the topic and assignments different enough to keep those returning students' interests. On the other hand, the last period of the day is my planning period--if you're a teacher, you know how cool that is. . .oh, and no first period, either.

Luv and I continue to scope out both the HHI and FL locales as a not-too-distant in the future move. There is so much to consider: do we want to do part-time job? do we want to be closer to the beach? is a town home going to work or do we want a small house? We've found that there are so many pluses and minuses to all the aspects we're considering that we feel like we're spinning our wheels sometimes. We've also found after more than a year of searching, that in our price range, almost nothing has a decent kitchen (we cook a lot). Apparently, builders in those areas didn't feel the need to put in well laid out and inviting kitchens. :crazy2:

121 days and counting until we're back "home"again. . .

Oh, yeah, if anyone has trips to add to Page 1, just let me know!!

Last edited:
Morning, Groupies! Day 5 of school here, but I must say my schedule is a good one this year. They did me no favors by combining two different sections of two different classes, however. So, I have students in both classes who will be sitting through some of the same material they had last year. My challenge will be to make the topic and assignments different enough to keep those returning students' interests. On the other hand, the last period of the day is my planning period--if you're a teacher, you know how cool that is. . .oh, and no first period, either.

Luv and I continue to scope out both the HHI and FL locales as a not-too-soon in the future move. There is so much to consider: do we want to do part-time job? do we want to be closer to the beach? is a town home going to work or do we want a small house? We've found that there are so many pluses and minuses to all the aspects we're considering that we feel like we're spinning our wheels sometimes. We've also found after more than a year of searching, that in our price range, almost nothing has a decent kitchen (we cook a lot). Apparently, builders in those areas didn't feel the need to put in well laid out and inviting kitchens. :crazy2:

121 days and counting until we're back "home"again. . .

Oh, yeah, if anyone has trips to add to Page 1, just let me know!!

Sleepy - your combined class took me back to my home town - Pop 557! 5th and 6th grades we were in a shared classroom with the grade below us. Kind of like the old rural schools used to be albeit not the entire school in one room! haha

Good luck with the retirement planning!

Last edited:

Under the fold again. We must all be really busy! So, OK Lodge Lovers, here is a question to get the conversation going . . . where is this?

100_1345.jpg

I'd say that it is a picture of the corner Dizny Dad & Di's refurbished family room! :)

No . . . and I know I owe a picture of that, but this is in The Lodge somewhere. Thanks for the nudge. And I know you know where this is, but let's see if others chime in.

No . . . and I know I owe a picture of that, but this is in The Lodge somewhere. Thanks for the nudge. And I know you know where this is, but let's see if others chime in.

I know too but will leave the answer to another. It's a lovely spot.

My daughter and I are down to 61 days until our first trip to F&W / MNSSHP. Fastpasses tomorrow! No clue what I want for fast passes... slinky dog dash, frozen, big thunder... what else? Any suggestions?
Under the fold again. We must all be really busy! So, OK Lodge Lovers, here is a question to get the conversation going . . . where is this?

View attachment 428101

That's one floor up over the main entrance to WL, opposite side of the fireplace seating area. Nice, but not too comfortable.

. . . . . . That's one floor up over the main entrance to WL, opposite side of the fireplace seating area. Nice, but not too comfortable.

Not too comfortable for a long rest, but oh so Lodgie! Reminds me of our old library; nice quiet place, during a time when everybody respected the rules of the environment they were in. :confused3

I've calculated that I can sell my VWL contract and get approx 5 nights at the new Star Wars hotel. It cannot be 5 nights in a row but will actually be 2 1/2 stays of the 2 night maximum.

Who's with me?!

popcorn::

I've calculated that I can sell my VWL contract and get approx 5 nights at the new Star Wars hotel. It cannot be 5 nights in a row but will actually be 2 1/2 stays of the 2 night maximum.

Who's with me?!

popcorn::

Kathy...you lost me at "I can sell my VWL contract...". My wife had to use smelling salts to bring me back around. o_O

So what are they going to charge for the new SW hotel?

I guess I'll have to read up on this...the two night maximum allows them to "reset the story" that all the guests participate in, right? So everyone has to check in and out on the same dates? I guess it will be a lot of fun for the Comic-Con cosplay crowd, but is that enough to sustain a hotel? I mean, just how many Leia wannabes are out there?

Checking in after my first full week of school. It's been crazy. Sleepy your schedule is better than mine. We are on an alternating block schedule this year. I have a planning period on A day, but not on B day. Part of my planning period on A day is spent with my cheerleading team. So basically no break on B day and then cheerleading practice after school those days. Just barely keeping my head above water at the moment. It will get better, it's just going to take some time.

My girls were reading about the Star Wars hotel the other day. I can't remember the cost, but it was a lot. My oldest was reading about their park transportation. Seems like they'll have buses that are enclosed and look like capsules of some sort.

Did any of you see the announcement about the park passes that are discounted, but you can't enter the park until noon? I think they are only available this fall. If they did something like that in the new year, I would certainly consider those type tickets for our princess marathon weekend. We rarely get ourselves up and moving that early on vacation anyway. I could certainly deal with not entering until after noon. With fast passes being made online, I'd feel like we would still get to do what we wanted.

Kathy...you lost me at "I can sell my VWL contract...". My wife had to use smelling salts to bring me back around. o_O

So what are they going to charge for the new SW hotel?

I guess I'll have to read up on this...the two night maximum allows them to "reset the story" that all the guests participate in, right? So everyone has to check in and out on the same dates? I guess it will be a lot of fun for the Comic-Con cosplay crowd, but is that enough to sustain a hotel? I mean, just how many Leia wannabes are out there?

View attachment 429112

The rumors are coming in at around $3.3k per person per night. The Darkside is strong with them.:darth:

It’s zero interest to me if it’s anywhere even close to that. Actually not too appealing at any price. And I’ve participated in every Star Wars race weekend Disney has had, been to several Star Wars weekends at DHS and this was me for the early premier of Force Awakens. :laughing:

835E31DE-C151-42F8-9610-9EB589C69DC8.jpeg

So I just booked our fastpasses and flights for our October trip. I didn't have it on the Groupie calendar as I had a pair of December reservations that I didn't want to let go of... it was my opportunity to see my son and daughter in law. Ended up passing my room off to my youngest boy and he and his girlfriend will have the chance to reconnect with family :) The fact that they're all Star Wars geeks doesn't hurt.

Yup - I'm pretty sure my boys would pony up for the SW hotel. Don't tell them but I used to be a huge SW geek back in junior high school - to the point that I read the books to tatters and I admit to keeping my favorite book under my pillow. :darth: Then they came and ruined the sacred trilogy with 4,5, and 6... oh, I mean 1, 2 and 3.

Yeah, no... I'm keeping my AKV contract... I have a crush on that cappuccino maker upstairs. It just needs to be painted up to look like R2D2

Last edited:
My daughter and I are down to 61 days until our first trip to F&W / MNSSHP. Fastpasses tomorrow! No clue what I want for fast passes... slinky dog dash, frozen, big thunder... what else? Any suggestions?

Cindy...we will be there about the same time. Our FP window opened a couple of days ago and I just can’t to fired up to go get them locked down. DHS is a joke with almost all of their attractions now being a Tier 1 so basically you can only get one FP there per day in advance.

We always at least get a Toy Story Mania FP. Beyond that we pretty much wing it. So no great suggestions from me I’m afraid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter