VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Well, even our mascot shows up on a nice, frost-bite kind of day!

That's a picture from a couple of years ago, but still appropriate to today's conditions.

Stay warm Groupies....only four weeks until Opening Day!! :cool1:

:cheer2:

I think I saw him in our yard yesterday, cant wait til the warm weather gets here. I tell ya, after being in sunny FL. for 2 weeks, coming home to cold NC, I am considering pulling up stakes and making the move South to central FL. I love to snow ski, its weird, but I cant handle cold anymore. Dressing appropriate to ski, thats one thing, but to get cold, stay cold, and not warm up all day:sad2:

I think I saw him in our yard yesterday, cant wait til the warm weather gets here. I tell ya, after being in sunny FL. for 2 weeks, coming home to cold NC, I am considering pulling up stakes and making the move South to central FL. I love to snow ski, its weird, but I cant handle cold anymore. Dressing appropriate to ski, thats one thing, but to get cold, stay cold, and not warm up all day:sad2:
I agree, JT. We're seriously considering an eventual move to our "adopted" state--hint: VWL exists there. Given my oldest daughter lives in FL makes the desire even greater.

. . . . . . . . . So...what was your main way of occupying your time since you did a no-park trip? I think VWL works very well for that kind of trip since you aren't within quick walking distance to a park . . . . . . .

But it is just a boat ride away from DiznyDi's favorite pastime . . . sitting on top of the Train Station and watching what goes on in the Happiest Place on Earth!

But it is just a boat ride away from DiznyDi's favorite pastime . . . sitting on top of the Train Station and watching what goes on in the Happiest Place on Earth!

I like this thought too(but with a ice cream cookie sandwich from The Plaza in my hand):goodvibes

The beloved buffalo, apparently with a shave from the pic posted in first couple posts do this thread

7d6eb75889923e02b68f9ad91184fe50_zps0d1cb3c8.jpg

I do appreciate the clean-shaved look. :goodvibes Thanks for the update, the last image had me focusing on the nose :/

Your trip sounds like a piece of heaven. Did you venture over to Ft Wilderness?

I do appreciate the clean-shaved look. :goodvibes Thanks for the update, the last image had me focusing on the nose :/
I agree this is a better, clearer shot. DVCTigger, I might have to steal this for the intro page if you don't mind (and if I can figure out how :lmao:).

DVCTigger
I could see us doing a no parks VWL stay:thumbsup2 Cant think of a better place to chill out:cloud9:

It really was an amazing trip! Believe it or not, not once did we miss the parks! Even when at the entrances to MK, HS, and EPCOT. we watched Wishes from the Poly as well as the beach at the Lodge. Took the monorail through EPCOT, walked from HS to the Boardwalk and never thought twice.

Your trip sounds like a piece of heaven. Did you venture over to Ft Wilderness?

We walked to Ft Wilderness every day. Two meals at Trails end as well as Hoop Dee Doo. Lucked out and saw the blacksmiths shoeing horses twice and got video of the wedding carriage ponies literally running and jumping in the big, open pen! Talked to a cast member for a while in the pens with the big horses about their daily routine. We have stayed at Ft Wilderness twice in our trailer, including our very first ever trip to WDW in 2000, really love it there as well. Just a long haul to get our 31' trailer there from Colorado!

I agree this is a better, clearer shot. DVCTigger, I might have to steal this for the intro page if you don't mind (and if I can figure out how :lmao:).

You are more than welcome to use the picture if you can figure out how to change it!

..son # 2 graduating in May, Son # 1 getting married in July....
Corinne

Corinne, your year sounds like ours! Son #2 graduation (he will actually finish classes in just 3 weeks), and daughter getting married in November!

DVCTigger - DDad and I enjoy the early morning walks over to Ft Wilderness, too. One of these days, we'll have breakfast at Trails End.... On one of our walks we counted 23 deer and 1 bobcat. Thanks for your report and your pics.

Like you, Granny, I've been working on our FastPass+ this evening. I actually rather like it. When Mom and I went last month, I was changing events/times on the fly. It was great.

Does anybody know if the fast pass lunch at Be Our Guest opens at 60 days or 30 days? There are no dinner reservation times available for our May trip dates. Lunch would be nice.

Maria, I know you are counting down the days until your daughters wedding. Such an exciting time for your family!

Heather, you will love your Owners Locker! I have a hard time remembering what I have stored in mine. I take pics with my phone of items stored and keep a 'need' list so I don't end up with duplicates.

DiznyDi said:
DVCTigger - DDad and I enjoy the early morning walks over to Ft Wilderness, too. One of these days, we'll have breakfast at Trails End.... On one of our walks we counted 23 deer and 1 bobcat. Thanks for your report and your pics.

Like you, Granny, I've been working on our FastPass+ this evening. I actually rather like it. When Mom and I went last month, I was changing events/times on the fly. It was great.

Does anybody know if the fast pass lunch at Be Our Guest opens at 60 days or 30 days? There are no dinner reservation times available for our May trip dates. Lunch would be nice.

Maria, I know you are counting down the days until your daughters wedding. Such an exciting time for your family!

Heather, you will love your Owners Locker! I have a hard time remembering what I have stored in mine. I take pics with my phone of items stored and keep a 'need' list so I don't end up with duplicates.

That reminds me Di, I wanted to ask if anyone had any recommendations for 'must haves' in their Owners Lockers. I have what seems like a huge list of items, but I think it looks worse than it actually is. Most of the stuff on there is pretty tiny, but we are putting a mini keurig in there for Bobs coffee addiction. Other big items we have are a mini crock pot, Brita slim pitcher and a flat top for cooking. I am just a little nervous about everything fitting....

I believe it's 60 days, but luv says she believes it's still in the test phase and one must be invited to do the FP+ for BOG via an email. It doesn't count against your regular FP+ reservations, either. She also mentioned there is some thread on the Dining forum that has a link you can follow to acquire a BOG FP+ invite. Hopefully, that made sense. ;)

Heather, we actually have 2 lockers. One holds our mini Keurig, too :good vibes
In addition to personal items, I have rain jackets, umbrellas, walking sticks, a backpack, flip flops, extra tennis shoes, Sun tan/burn supplies, a tide to go stick. First aid with basics items; band aids, benedryl, neosporin, analgesics, bee sting stick, toe nail and finger nail clippers. A hair brush. We have coffee cups and tall plastic glasses. Also old refillable mugs to carry to the pool with our refreshment of the day. I keep extra pins for trading, detergent for the washing machine, Florida map, our Hidden Mickey book, a carry blanket to take with us on cold nights - usually for the Candlelight Processional. Some clothing and a small tool kit with a leatherman. Hats and/or visor. I even have a deck of cards though haven't used them in nearly a decade. Clorox wipes and a larger size Purell to fill my purse size one.

I'm sure there's more, off the top of my head, this is what I can think of.

I don't keep a Brita though I know that many people do. With just the 2 of us, I'll order 1 or 2 cases of water from Cosco and have it delivered directly to the Lodge. If we run out, I'll buy the gallon - that isn't too expensive by Disney standards - from the Mercantile.

Have fun getting all your things together! I went to our local WalMart and purchased small plastic boxes in various sizes with lids that are stackable. It's worked out pretty well for us. We each have one of the larger ones for our personal items. My k-cups are in another. Pins in yet another.

Thanks sleepy for the info. I'll look into it tomorrow. I guess we were just lucky to get the invite when Mom and I went.

'Night all

Wishing ladytink75 a very Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day!

More winter weather ughhhhhh
It has been sleeting and freezing rain since 6 last night, lots of power outages around, both sets of parents and my sister without right now. 68* tomorrow:confused3

More winter weather ughhhhhh
It has been sleeting and freezing rain since 6 last night, lots of power outages around, both sets of parents and my sister without right now. 68* tomorrow:confused3
Oh, dear, I do hate ice much worse than snow. Thankfully, and that seems somehow ironic, we only got snow--5" worth.

To wit:

May the power soon return to those who lost it and may the weekend bring us all lovely Spring weather, not it's maniacal twin Faux Spring.

Happy Friday Groupies :cool1:

I can't wait to be out of here for the weekend. We don't have very great plans, but I need to start getting stuff accomplished.

Our water heater died yesterday :crazy2: it started leaking from the top, so we thought it would be OK - but it's a goner. :guilty: So, we have a plumber coming over in the morning to replace it. And it's Bob's birthday tomorrow. He has to work, and the water heater crapped out. Poor guy :laughing:

Sunday, I plan on making him a good birthday dinner. He requested meatloaf, smashed redskins, corn and bread pudding instead of cake. :confused3 At least he's easy to please. :rotfl:

Heather, we actually have 2 lockers. One holds our mini Keurig, too :good vibes
In addition to personal items, I have rain jackets, umbrellas, walking sticks, a backpack, flip flops, extra tennis shoes, Sun tan/burn supplies, a tide to go stick. First aid with basics items; band aids, benedryl, neosporin, analgesics, bee sting stick, toe nail and finger nail clippers. A hair brush. We have coffee cups and tall plastic glasses. Also old refillable mugs to carry to the pool with our refreshment of the day. I keep extra pins for trading, detergent for the washing machine, Florida map, our Hidden Mickey book, a carry blanket to take with us on cold nights - usually for the Candlelight Processional. Some clothing and a small tool kit with a leatherman. Hats and/or visor. I even have a deck of cards though haven't used them in nearly a decade. Clorox wipes and a larger size Purell to fill my purse size one.

I'm sure there's more, off the top of my head, this is what I can think of.

I don't keep a Brita though I know that many people do. With just the 2 of us, I'll order 1 or 2 cases of water from Cosco and have it delivered directly to the Lodge. If we run out, I'll buy the gallon - that isn't too expensive by Disney standards - from the Mercantile.

Have fun getting all your things together! I went to our local WalMart and purchased small plastic boxes in various sizes with lids that are stackable. It's worked out pretty well for us. We each have one of the larger ones for our personal items. My k-cups are in another. Pins in yet another.

Thanks Di! When I get home, I may post my list to see if anyone has anything to add. I am nervous about it all fitting, but I think we may be OK.... I hope :eek:

Birthday dinner sounds good, though I'm more of a duck fan. ;)

Speaking of animals, it's obvious from the pic below that I'm not a sculptor, but at least it's distinguishable as one of our Disney pals, right? :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!