VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Just back from our first trip home to WL (CCV) and we've completely fallen in love with the resort. Thank you for the tip on the lodge tour, as DS is studying for exams next month, he'd revise for an hour each day and we'd swim, but one day moved his study time to the morning and DH & I went off to do this, we're so pleased we did, and probably wouldn't have had it not been for the recommendations on here, fascinating insight into the incredible detail around this stunning resort.

We were lucky enough to get room 5133 at CC which gave us a view of the Geyser, Light pageant AND HEA from the balcony, even managed to watch HEA from our bed on our 2nd night (we're from the UK so tend to wake VERY early the first couple of days), just amazing and so grateful. It was of course the longest walk from the lobby but not an issue, no pushchairs etc. for us and totally worth it for the incredible views.

We adored the quiet pool by Boulder Ridge, not having little ones we found the CC pool a little hectic for us, Geyser Point is just the best place to sit and enjoy a drink / meal by the water and we finished off our trip with lunch at Whispering Canyon, Whitney our server was an absolute blast, so funny. I've put in some #castcompliments on Twitter for her and Josh at Geyser Point as they both really stood out.

Can't wait to come back again, DH & I have a studio booked just for the 2 of us at the beginning of December, literally can't wait to see the Christmas tree in the lobby! We've never been during that time of year before so are very excited.

Thank you for all the tips and excitement provided on this thread, so helpful and useful :)

I'll post some pictures from my phone in a separate post as much easier...

Just back from our first trip home to WL (CCV) and we've completely fallen in love with the resort.

Thank you for all the tips and excitement provided on this thread, so helpful and useful :)

I'll post some pictures from my phone in a separate post as much easier...
So happy to hear your first visit home was such a wonderful one! The Lodge is a special place, even with all the changes over the past few years, and I'm sure it will continue to tug at your heartstrings when you're away. The only way to cope with such feelings is with continued trips home. Thanks for checking in, and we look forward to your pictures!

Pooh Bear
Great to hear your love of the Lodge! Our family feels the same way. We will be there in early Dec too. Look at the 1st page as SleepyDog has a dedicated post to upcoming trips. I think many other Groupies will be there the same time, and often we will try to have a groupie meet, sometimes in the Carolewood Pacific Room in the Villas, sometimes at at Top of the World Lounge at BLT for fireworks, appetizers and a nightcap. When enough of us are around, we may have more than 1 meet to accommodate as many as possible. Lots of fun!!

Thank you both, having some issues uploading my photos as the files are too big, I'll send them over to my laptop and mess around with them later although I'm sure I don't have anything you've not seen before, just the same views with worst photography skills! LOL

Happy Easter Groupies! Just left Orlando and now headed to St. Augustine. We had a church conference at the Rosen Center on International Drive. Actually passed through Orlando twice this week without setting foot on Disney property. Such a hard thing for me to do. Our spring break was filled with too much travel. We started in St. Augustine to drop off a trailer, flew from Orlando to Little Rock to see DD19 in a school production on Thursday. Went to the airport on Friday to fly back to Orlando for our church conference and they cancelled our flight because of the bad weather in Orlando(so they said). Side note here: this was my first experience with Frontier Airlines, I was not impressed! Anyway, made it to Orlando on Saturday morning, a day late to our conferences. Dd16 participated along with several of our church family. They ended up doing very well, I was just sorry we were late. Today we are headed back to St. Augustine to load the truck and trailer up with all of DD 22’s worldly possessions and move them back home. Seems like we just got her moved in! She takes finals this week, and then she will be done with school in St. Augustine! She’s got two clinical internships to complete, and then she will graduate from Occupational Therapy school in December! I’ve got about 4 more weeks of school, I hope I can make it!

Last edited:
Hello all. Is the “Family of the Day” program still in existence (where you sign up to go to the top to raise the flags)?

ErinC sounds like very busy but productive times. Congrats to your daughter. Great field to be in!! Wish her much success!!!

Happy Easter Groupies! Just left Orlando and now headed to St. Augustine. We had a church conference at the Rosen Center on International Drive. Actually passed through Orlando twice this week without setting foot on Disney property. Such a hard thing for me to do. Our spring break was filled with too much travel. We started in St. Augustine to drop off a trailer, flew from Orlando to Little Rock to see DD19 in a school production on Thursday. Went to the airport on Friday to fly back to Orlando for our church conference and they cancelled our flight because of the bad weather in Orlando(so they said). Side note here: this was my first experience with Frontier Airlines, I was not impressed!) Anyway, made it to Orlando on Saturday morning, a day late to our conferences. Dd16 participated along with several of our church family. They ended up doing very well, I was just sorry we were late. Today we are headed back to St. Augustine to load the truck and trailer up with all of DD 22’s worldly possessions and move them back home. Seems like we just got her moved in! She takes finals this week, and then she will be done with school in St. Augustine! She’s got two clinical internships to complete, and then she will graduate from Occupational Therapy school in December! I’ve got about 4 more weeks of school, I hope I can make it!

Whoa - busy time for you! The DIS did have a post about the ground stop in Orlando on Friday due to the bad weather. Sorry to hear that it affected your plans. That's always a bummer. :(

Happy Easter Groupies!!

We spent the weekend in Hill Country TX....BEAUTIFUL country.

Ended with a great Easter Egg Hunt in Luckenback TX. I told my Littles they had as much candy as I usually see at Halloween. Family is back in Houston, we are along The RiverWalk in San Antonio, with a 4 AM wake up call!

Whoa - busy time for you! The DIS did have a post about the ground stop in Orlando on Friday due to the bad weather. Sorry to hear that it affected your plans. That's always a bummer. :(
Yes there was a ground stop. The problem for us was that our pilot had come on duty at 4:30a.m. Our flight was supposed to leave Little Rock at 12:45. At first they delayed it until 2, then 3. The pilot told the passengers that he couldn't fly the plane past a certain time. Frontier is small, so no extra pilots hanging around. By 4:00 we could have taken off, but around 3:15 they cancelled due to weather. In their words, since it was a weather cancellation they owed us nothing in compensation for the cancellation. So we were out another night in a hotel in Little Rock, another rental car night, and an already paid for hotel in Orlando that we weren't sleeping in. Just one of those things. They are starting brand new service out of Mobile to Denver and Chicago. Not sure I'll be recommending them.

A new day dawns . . . I hope all found Easter to be fulfilling. So now we are off into a full blown Spring, with all of its chores coming at us full speed. Today DiznyDi faces the first part of a major renovation to the kitchen. Our builder is to be at the house at 7:30 to begin the task. So we add the collateral duties to the Spring work of extra cleaning, moving furniture from one room to another, and back again. And with that, we only have 10 more sleeps until we begin the journey to Boulder Ridge. (I'm trying to convert, but frankly I am still returning to VWL :confused3)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter