VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Kathy & Renee...I apologize...I was trying to be funny with Jimmy's view picture from Aulani. What I did was take his beautiful view photo, and just pasted in a clipping of Battlestar Galactica

View attachment 382414

View attachment 382415

Although the actual Atlantis plans look a little bit like the space ship!

So I plead guilty to committing humor by sarcasm. I fall on the mercy of the court.

Hey - I'd like the Galactica nearby! ;)

I wonder if the Atlantis design is like a giant transformer and could assemble itself into a proper ship to sail away should they desire it to. :D Would it lower their insurance if they said they could take the resort out of harm's way should the volcano ever decide to spill toward this side of the island?

I wonder if the Atlantis design is like a giant transformer and could assemble itself into a proper ship to sail away should they desire it to. :D Would it lower their insurance if they said they could take the resort out of harm's way should the volcano ever decide to spill toward this side of the island?

They could sell land and sea packages and you never have to change rooms!

They could sell land and sea packages and you never have to change rooms!

Or maybe this is what the new Star Wars hotel at DHS will look like. You two could be hotel Imagineers! :)

Okay, Groupies! Coming to you first with this inquiry: Luv and I will be on the DCL Christmas cruise this coming December, and we are planning to eat at both Remy and Palo as we have in each of our previous cruises. We were thinking of doing Palo and Remy on Christmas Eve and Christmas, respectively. However, we began to wonder if either (or both) of these two restaurants switched their menus for a major holiday. If it's a special menu with surprises for lack of a better term, we're okay with that. However, if they were to offer, say, turkey, dressing, and the fixings (or some other traditional foods), then we wouldn't want to spend that much money for something we make at home. Any of you cruising pros have the answer? pirate:
I don’t know, sorry. My guess is no, they do not change menus.
Have a wonderful cruise!:boat:

We had to cancel this past NYE cruise due to illness. We just got our refund check from the insurance company, and we have a NYE cruise now planned for this year.

I don’t know, sorry. My guess is no, they do not change menus.
Have a wonderful cruise!:boat:

We had to cancel this past NYE cruise due to illness. We just got our refund check from the insurance company, and we have a NYE cruise now planned for this year.
We also posted on the Cruise thread, and someone finally replied that she had been on the one of the ships this past Christmas Eve, and they had served their regular menu at Palo. So, we're fairly confident that's the case. Thanks!

We also posted on the Cruise thread, and someone finally replied that she had been on the one of the ships this past Christmas Eve, and they had served their regular menu at Palo. So, we're fairly confident that's the case. Thanks!

You can also check when you get on board in the "dining changes" session and if they are going to do a Christmas menu, see if you can change the reservation to another night.

Enjoy your cruise !

SW

Kathy & Renee...I apologize...I was trying to be funny with Jimmy's view picture from Aulani. What I did was take his beautiful view photo, and just pasted in a clipping of Battlestar Galactica

View attachment 382414

View attachment 382415

Although the actual Atlantis plans look a little bit like the space ship!

So I plead guilty to committing humor by sarcasm. I fall on the mercy of the court.

I was actually replying to the actual artist rendering! Not your funny!

But I am a big BG fan!

Hello Groupies,

For those who have stayed at BLT I was wondering if you had any tips or must do’s.....I know I can check out a BLT thread, and likely will, but thought I would ask here first.

Like so many of you, Dana and I really enjoy TOWL, and we try to venture there at least once each visit, so we are pretty excited about the idea of spending more time there!:cloud9:

Thanks!

Hello Groupies,

For those who have stayed at BLT I was wondering if you had any tips or must do’s.....I know I can check out a BLT thread, and likely will, but thought I would ask here first.

Like so many of you, Dana and I really enjoy TOWL, and we try to venture there at least once each visit, so we are pretty excited about the idea of spending more time there!:cloud9:

Thanks!
Hey Corinne!
We too love TOTWL and its really nice being so close to just pop up there. We have stayed 3 times at BLT, and all 3 really enjoyed, so much so we have discussed buying points there. All 3 times we have had Lake view

Tip 1: We over the 1st 2 stays just knew we had to be on the 5th floor which is the same that leads to the walkway to CR. And we got them. This last stay, after mulling over the BLT thread with room number/views, I told Tammy I would like to be like The Jeffersons, and be moving on up8-) And so glad we did! We got the 14th floor with a birds eye view of WL, plus our location afforded us a view towards GF, maybe room # 8438? At least somewhere in the general area. The deal of being near the walkway is almost moot, as the elevators are so fast, you are on the 5th floor in no time.

Tip 2: Take advantage of MK being so close with a quick walk, plus it gets you through security quicker, rather than with the masses.

Tip 3: Take advantage of the close proximity of CR eats/lounges, as we as boat to WL and FW eats/lounges, and the Monorail to Poly and GF eats/lounges. One thing we enjoyed on arrival day last trip. Rather than hit the parks running, we did the pub crawl around Seven Seas, via the monorail. We started at Poly when Trader Sams was opening. Get there maybe 15 mins before opening and you can get a seat inside where all the antics take place. We ate appetizers at each place along the way to keep up with the drinks. Next stop, Mizners at GF, then The Wave lounge before heading to TOTWL. Sounds like we got toasted but the amount of time it takes, not really. Just fun, different thing to do, with out much hassle in the transportation dept.

Tip 4: Enjoy the serenity of BLT. Its a resort with not many amenities but that's not a bad thing. The amenities lie within the surrounding resorts, namely CR 1st and foremost. But BLT is not much of a draw for folks just wanting to check it out, so its mainly just the resort guests, which makes it nice and quiet.

My impressions of GCV...absolutely beautiful and reminds me so much of our home resort, VWL. It has a bit of a more modern feel, but done so tastefully. They have not (yet, and I hope they dont) gone the way of the cheap on room refurbs like WDW resorts have. Granted, the sheets on the bed are generic like those at WDW but all other furnishings are top notch. The CM's there seem to take pride in their resort, and make you feel like they are really glad you are there. I met the General Manager Dan who turns out to be from Raleigh, NC about 1 hour from my home. He approached us and asked how our sty was going, etc. From Mouse-keeping to the Front Desk, to Bell services to Valet to Lounge staff(which BTW has an awesome Pep. Pizza) to the CM at the store, all of them were outstanding in the service to make sure the guest were well taken care of. I only wish time would have allowed us more to explore the resort, eat at the 2 restaurants, etc. The proximity to the 2 parks and DTD was awesome! I think the only thing this resort could do better, have more DVC rooms for us east coasters to get t the 7 mo. mark:goodvibes. I would love, love, love to own points here. I could see us returning every 3 years by banking/borrowing.
upload_2019-2-17_7-51-35.jpeg

upload_2019-2-17_8-7-29.png

Hearthstone Lounge
upload_2019-2-17_8-8-44.png

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    418.1 KB · Views: 2
I echo JT's thoughts about GCV--it's a modern take on VWL but still has the nice Disney touches. Moreover, just as Jimmy says, the furnishings are so much nicer--they didn't go cheap as they have at WDW resorts. It's not as awe-inspiring as WL overall since it's interior architecture, in particular, isn't as expansive. Still, it's gorgeous. We'd like to own points there, too, but I think we're done buying points at the cost they currently are, even for resale. On a side note, and once again echoing JT's comments, we've almost purchased BLT points a couple of years ago. We took time to think about it, put aside our emotions, and realized what we have point-wise is enough.

When I 1st saw the theming in Cars Land in the daytime at CA, I was highly impressed. But once I saw in the dark on Thurs night, I was blown away and really felt like I had just stepped in the Cars movie set! These pictures dont do it justice, but I pulled out the clearest shots I have
upload_2019-2-17_8-29-10.png

upload_2019-2-17_8-29-37.png

upload_2019-2-17_8-30-53.png

Radiator Springs Racers. I have to say, I am really torn between which was my favorite ride in all of DL/CA, but its a close race between Incredicoaster and RSR. Dont get me wrong, I loved everything about DL. But CA has some great theming going on, and Cars Land, at night, and this ride. Its hard to beat. Star Wars Land IMO has got to go big to beat this one!
upload_2019-2-17_8-35-2.png

My impressions of GCV...absolutely beautiful and reminds me so much of our home resort, VWL. It has a bit of a more modern feel, but done so tastefully. They have not (yet, and I hope they dont) gone the way of the cheap on room refurbs like WDW resorts have. Granted, the sheets on the bed are generic like those at WDW but all other furnishings are top notch. The CM's there seem to take pride in their resort, and make you feel like they are really glad you are there. I met the General Manager Dan who turns out to be from Raleigh, NC about 1 hour from my home. He approached us and asked how our sty was going, etc. From Mouse-keeping to the Front Desk, to Bell services to Valet to Lounge staff(which BTW has an awesome Pep. Pizza) to the CM at the store, all of them were outstanding in the service to make sure the guest were well taken care of. I only wish time would have allowed us more to explore the resort, eat at the 2 restaurants, etc. The proximity to the 2 parks and DTD was awesome! I think the only thing this resort could do better, have more DVC rooms for us east coasters to get t the 7 mo. mark:goodvibes. I would love, love, love to own points here. I could see us returning every 3 years by banking/borrowing.
View attachment 382951

View attachment 382954

Hearthstone Lounge
View attachment 382955
LoL...1 of the gripes we had as well....Although we were lucky enough to score the sought after top floor studio that faces W.O.C. so at least that was good.

It is amazing and soooo different than Florida with that fact that everything is so close...I do enjoy that..

Wow, Jimmy, great tips! Thank you sooooo much! We have a Lake View room. I haven’t made any requests, although I do think I would prefer an upper floor as well. The pub crawl sounds fun!

View attachment 382951

View attachment 382954

Hearthstone Lounge
View attachment 382955

JT — thanks for the pictures and sharing your impressions! It sounds like you were just as impressed with GCV, DL, & CA as we were. I’m so glad you enjoyed it! I agree that California Screamin’ (when I was there) now Incredicoaster is outstanding!

JT — thanks for the pictures and sharing your impressions! It sounds like you were just as impressed with GCV, DL, & CA as we were. I’m so glad you enjoyed it! I agree that California Screamin’ (when I was there) now Incredicoaster is outstanding!
Ron
Obviously, I never got to ride it as California Screamin' but they have done a great job with the overlay of The Incredibles. I had to ride it 2 times to really appreciate the incorporation of the characters, because the 1st time I was screaming my head off in joy and paid absolutely not attention to the Incredibles remotely being a part of it:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter