VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Really? No immersive experience at WL??? What am I supposed to do with the mountain man outfit I just bought? :confused:

I saw a palomino colored goat running down my street 2 days back. Tried to catch it thinking that I could bring it with me for that immersive experience when I get a chance to visit VWL in the late fall... but the little guy zipped by far too fast. I'm glad I didn't now. Besides, I think the critters on the Kidani savanna might have had an issue with him bleating down at them from the balcony (not to mention him eating the drapes, bed linens and anything else he managed to nom on.)

I saw a palomino colored goat running down my street 2 days back. Tried to catch it to bringing it with me for that immersive experience when I get a chance to visit VWL in the late fall... but the little guy zipped by far too fast. Glad I didn't now. besides, I think the critters on the Kidani savanna might have had an issue with him bleating down at them from the balcony (not to mention him eating the drapes, bed linens and anything else he managed to nom on.)
Quite a neighborhood!

Also, fresh reports that the Eggs Benedict (both regular and crab), the pancakes and fixings, and the scrambled eggs and fixings are now all gone from Geyser Point. Disney really annoys me sometimes. . .

I saw a palomino colored goat running down my street 2 days back. Tried to catch it thinking that I could bring it with me for that immersive experience when I get a chance to visit VWL in the late fall... but the little guy zipped by far too fast. I'm glad I didn't now. Besides, I think the critters on the Kidani savanna might have had an issue with him bleating down at them from the balcony (not to mention him eating the drapes, bed linens and anything else he managed to nom on.)

Ah, now I recall where I got the idea from - our bell services man at Jambo told me the oddest thing he's seen was a suitcase stuffed with hay and feed. Said they could smell it. When they went to deliver the luggage to the room there was a miniature goat in there. Needless to say the goat was removed.

Quite a neighborhood!

Also, fresh reports that the Eggs Benedict (both regular and crab), the pancakes and fixings, and the scrambled eggs and fixings are now all gone from Geyser Point. Disney really annoys me sometimes. . .

So I'm guessing that there's no breakfast there at all? That's Typical Disney..... They got a poor substitute of waffles back at RF so no need for GP.

I thought so, as well, but the current page on Disney's DVC Members' website says nothing about the new pool, just the Copper Creek Pool. If one wanted to make an issue of that, I suspect they'd have to let you. Still, I wouldn't think most will want to hit the PTT button on that issue. For me, the only pool worth hopping to would be SAB, and it hasn't been on the approved list since I can remember.

True, but they did remove Hidden Springs pool from pool hopping before it closed, so I wouldn't think the replacement is included. As I said earlier you would still have the problem with the locked gate which only opens to a MB for guests staying at Wilderness Lodge or in one of the villas at Wilderness Lodge.

So I'm guessing that there's no breakfast there at all? That's Typical Disney..... They got a poor substitute of waffles back at RF so no need for GP.
They have a few options: steel cut oats, salmon bialy, ham/spinach/mushroom/feta wrap, fruit plate, yogurt parfait, and a kid's breakfast box (cereal, yogurt, peanut butter, grapes). Absolutely nothing I want. So, now we have nowhere we care to eat breakfast. Disney is so maddening! They have a good thing, and then they change it. . .often NOT for the better. . .
True, but they did remove Hidden Springs pool from pool hopping before it closed, so I wouldn't think the replacement is included. As I said earlier you would still have the problem with the locked gate which only opens to a MB for guests staying at Wilderness Lodge or in one of the villas at Wilderness Lodge.
Quite true, though all one has to do is wait for someone to go in or out and then walk right in. I don't think pool-hopping really is much of an issue, especially at WL, except during prime times. Certainly, I never considered it much of a perk. Too much hassle. pirate:

As if I wasn't already a bit angry at Disney for lopping off options at GP, now I just read (and saw a picture of the menu) that they no longer offer the salmon BLT. Frankly, their cavalier attitude with the menu makes me not want to eat there or at RF again, period.

:lmao:

:thumbsup2

They have a few options: steel cut oats, salmon bialy, ham/spinach/mushroom/feta wrap, fruit plate, yogurt parfait, and a kid's breakfast box (cereal, yogurt, peanut butter, grapes). Absolutely nothing I want. So, now we have nowhere we care to eat breakfast. Disney is so maddening! They have a good thing, and then they change it. . .often NOT for the better. . .
Quite true, though all one has to do is wait for someone to go in or out and then walk right in. I don't think pool-hopping really is much of an issue, especially at WL, except during prime times. Certainly, I never considered it much of a perk. Too much hassle. pirate:

Pool hopping has block out dates for the busy times now anyway.

Blockout Dates
Resort hotel pools may become unavailable from time to time due to capacity limitations. Due to the high occupancy that is expected, you and your overnight guests may not pool hop during the following dates:

• May 26, 2017 through May 29, 2017
  • July 2, 2017 through July 8, 2017
  • September 1, 2017 through September 4, 2017
  • November 20, 2017 through November 25, 2017
  • December 22, 2017 through January 2, 2018
As if I wasn't already a bit angry at Disney for lopping off options at GP, now I just read (and saw a picture of the menu) that they no longer offer the salmon BLT. Frankly, their cavalier attitude with the menu makes me not want to eat there or at RF again, period.

I wasn't happy with the breakfast changes as now everything seems like a cold meal, which I can do in my studio. But to take away the Salmon BLT too, oh no. It was very popular too. Lots of people ordered it.

I saw on Humphrey's website that the DVC guest laundry is on the fourth floor of CCV near the elevators. And it needs a DVC guest MB to enter. He has some photos. Also on Laundryview.com it shows that there are three washers and six dryers. And it is already showing availability as one of the washers is in use.

Let's see . . .
No Flag Family; funky waffles, no eggs benedict, Jeese Louise . . . . and no Grizzly Adams for me . . . I'll be the one in the loin cloth and face paint; I'll be sure to get a seat that way . . . :hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter