VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

I finally got an email from photobucket about the 3rd party whatever and that I needed to upgrade. NOT!!!
So I, like the rest of you will be seeing what I can do and I guess, Sleepy, as soon as I figure something out we will see what can be done with Moosie!

Yep, the pics are all gone at the bottom. . . . . .

The cabanas at the Boulder Ridge pool are currently not for rent. I called member services after reading something on a post. We are going next month and I was curious to see if this was an option . The person I spoke to said they have no timeline for when they will be available to rent.Disappointed!!!
First, thanks for the report on the cabanas. We were just there two weeks ago, and people were definitely using them, so I'd venture it is first come, first served until
I finally got an email from photobucket about the 3rd party whatever and that I needed to upgrade. NOT!!!
So I, like the rest of you will be seeing what I can do and I guess, Sleepy, as soon as I figure something out we will see what can be done with Moosie!

Yep, the pics are all gone at the bottom. . . . . .
Yep, I keep copying images from people who haven't lost them yet. I had actually thought of upgrading my GB with Photobucket until this latest nastiness. Heck, even if they had allowed 3rd party hosting at a reasonable price along with a modest GB increase, I'd do it. Not now.

Has anyone seen any information about the Reunion Station?
It wasn't fully open two weeks ago. They did have a billiards table, ping pong table, and a giant ConnectFour sort of game. However, with the opening of CCVC yesterday, it may now be open or opening soon.

images

Hello everyone!! I have been away for a while as we went on a great vacation to Asia (China and Japan), including both the Disney resorts in Tokyo and Shanghai. It was baking hot, but we had an amazing time. Now I am back in my daily life and can start catching up with my usual DIS hangouts!! And plan my WDW trip for later this year - unfortunately not at VWL. But we are considering pool hopping there. As far as I understand Boulder Ridge Pool is available for pool hopping, isn't it?

Hello everyone!! I have been away for a while as we went on a great vacation to Asia (China and Japan), including both the Disney resorts in Tokyo and Shanghai. It was baking hot, but we had an amazing time. Now I am back in my daily life and can start catching up with my usual DIS hangouts!! And plan my WDW trip for later this year - unfortunately not at VWL. But we are considering pool hopping there. As far as I understand Boulder Ridge Pool is available for pool hopping, isn't it?
Yes, I believe it is. The old pool--Copper Creek Springs pool--is not, however.

My understanding is that both pools at WL/VWL/CCV are now off limits to hopping. The new pool is now off too I believe per pictures of signs I've seen on the entry.

Last edited:
So, I've been reading a little about the new Star Wars hotel. . .and it begs a few questions. I'm assuming that not all guests have to dress up, though some sources have hinted at such: "The hotel will be a multi-day experience, Disney's 'most experiential concept ever,' Chapek said. Every window will make guests feel like they are looking into space. Each guest will have a storyline to live out and will be dressed in Star Wars-themed attire." I'm guessing that means only those who choose to want to have a role in the ongoing story line. Could be cool, but I'm thinking it will be very expensive. If they do that, will they relax the Disney bounding guidelines? You know there will be some who will essentially only bring SW-themed clothes. Finally, will there be a place to park our personal X-wing fighters or Millenium Falcon? I do enjoy SW, but I don't know that I'd want to shell out extra $ for said experience. . .

I think it part of the agreement of staying at the hotel so it always looks themed.

My daughter pointed out that the Star Wars hotel/experience would be well suited to a cruise. If you approach it as such I suppose it might make the high price tag, whatever that ends up being, more justifiable.

That is good way to put it, like a cruise. I think that staying at this hotel will be the purpose of your stay. And then after a few days you move to another hotel, that will be cheaper to boot, to see WDW itself. Because otherwise as soon as you step out of the hotel you are back into the 21 Century which defeats the whole purpose of paying the big bucks to stay an immersive hotel. Can't you just see it, assuming they build it near the Swan/Dolphin and then the guests have to take a Water taxi to DHS to see Galaxy's Edge. Not really part of the theming is it?

My understanding is that both pools at WL/VWL/CCV are not off limits to hopping. The new pool definitely is not allowed.

Huh? I think your sentences conflict, Kat. But I agree with the last sentence and for that matter both pool will not be allowed for pool hopping. They are not gigantic pools you know. Unless your MB unlocks the gate you are out of luck.

Huh? I think your sentences conflict, Kat. But I agree with the last sentence and for that matter both pool will not be allowed for pool hopping. They are not gigantic pools you know. Unless your MB unlocks the gate you are out of luck.

I had noticed and changed a few minutes ago - meant now off limits- not not. :oops:

As I read about the excitement of the Lodge changes, the concerns, the irritations, the splashing of the pools, I kept hearing David in the back of my mind. . . . . .

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes, turn and face the strange, Ch-Ch-Changes;
We love the lodge but we can't go back now . . . . . . .
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes, turn and face the strange, Ch-Ch-Changes;
The signs are up, here they come now . . . . . . .
Time may change me, but I can't trace time;
I said that Time may change me, but I can't trace time.

At least they are not making us all dress like mountain men . . . . . .

My understanding is that both pools at WL/VWL/CCV are now off limits to hopping. The new pool is now off too I believe per pictures of signs I've seen on the entry.
I thought so, as well, but the current page on Disney's DVC Members' website says nothing about the new pool, just the Copper Creek Pool. If one wanted to make an issue of that, I suspect they'd have to let you. Still, I wouldn't think most will want to hit the PTT button on that issue. For me, the only pool worth hopping to would be SAB, and it hasn't been on the approved list since I can remember.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter