VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Took a huge amount of shots of new TS land. I am impressed by the theming, the new Alien Swirling Saucers ride is cute, not as tame as I expected it would be, glad we had a FP as we exited, we were laughing, enjoyed it, yet overheard a fellow say that wasn't worth waiting 2 hours!! I agree, but, if a FP is to be had, ride this 1st, then if another day is available, FP Slinky Dog.
upload_2018-10-19_9-1-1.jpeg upload_2018-10-19_9-1-27.jpeg upload_2018-10-19_9-1-54.jpeg

Sorry folks, but the bombarding of pictures are to follow
DVC Bourbon tasting TOTWL
upload_2018-10-20_10-44-26.jpeg upload_2018-10-20_10-45-36.jpeg
Bob Gurr, one of Walts 9 Old Men, and the only one still living, signed this panel at TOTWL. He, Walt and Richard Nixon were the 1st to ride the monorail at Disneyland. Funny side note, Gurr signed this, cleaning folks cleaned it off. So when he came back, he asked the bartender who erased his signature, so they gave him a permanent marker to preserve this one

View from TOTWL
upload_2018-10-20_10-49-28.jpeg

Last edited:

Wonderful pics Jimmy! Lots of fun!

That story of BoB Gurr's autograph at TotWL is too funny. Reminds me of the time I accidentally cleaned off the red line from an antique MBTA map from the old trains (in my defense, I was a young summer intern and my boss handed the windex to me... I did restore it with a quick run to the CVS for some red nail polish.)

Question in regards to the Rose and Crown tea. I have this booked with my daughter, we love tea. Do they give you the ability at all to turn down the food offered and instead have a second scone? Finger sandwiches and I are at war with each other. I'll pay the tea tax, but those sandwiches will end up in the harbor feeding the fish.

twinkle
Not sure about the substitute, I don't think anyone asked, but sure its worth try as the scones probably cost less than the finger sandwiches

This is a true close up from the edge of the KS safari. We had to wait 20 mins near the lions den while a Rhino decided to rest in the road. As we sat there, several Rhinos started getting closer and closer. This one worried me as he got spooked, thought we were going to be smashed by him!
upload_2018-10-21_9-15-47.jpeg

Shots from the new UP show
upload_2018-10-21_9-17-21.jpeg upload_2018-10-21_9-17-44.jpeg upload_2018-10-21_9-18-3.jpeg

upload_2018-10-21_9-18-24.jpeg

Last night we went over to see The Devon Allman Project. He is Gregg Alma's son. I was really expecting him to play Allman Bros songs, and he did play one. But he also played some Marvin Gaye, Prince and dedicated a song to Tom Petty since it was his Bday. These guys were awesome, and really nice surprise when we didn't know what to expect.
upload_2018-10-21_9-23-23.jpeg upload_2018-10-21_9-23-48.jpeg upload_2018-10-21_9-24-13.jpeg

Hanging out at Geyser Point and nice to see it’s got a crowd
Got lucky and landed 3 seats at bar and watching my redskins whoop on Tammy’s cowboys:crutches:

Bartender asked by some patrons why they went to being seated rather than walk up
Valid point IMO
He told folks that people were purchasing food from the little side restaurant and coming over taking up space for servers where they wouldn’t get a tip
So on game days/nights they would be full and selling less so less tips

Last edited:
Thanks JT for your continued traveling adventures in the World. Love the pics! Maybe its just my age showing - but I'd be sleeping until noon if I tried to do all in a day that you and Tammy do.

My daughter and I would like the tea at R&C. Not so sure DDad would like it. I find both the sandwiches and the scones appealing. Looks delightful!

Can't wait to see what todays adventures hold!

Maybe its just my age showing - but I'd be sleeping until noon if I tried to do all in a day that you and Tammy do.

Can't wait to see what todays adventures hold!

Hey Diane!
Its funny when I combine these 2 quotes. Here is what our plan is today (in other words, adventures today are a lot less adventurous than previous adventures):goodvibes
1.Sleep in late(didn't work, got a business call at 7am):duck::sad:
2.Drink coffee on the balcony
3.Cook bacon and eggs in room
4.Hang out in room until our La Hacienda de San Angel reservation at 4
5.See Kenny G at least 2 shows(Tammy big fan, only saw him once, so long ago, Whitney Houston opened for him!!)
6.Maybe grab a nightcap at Belle Vue lounge with Will n Liz(if our bodies and eyes allow)
7.Sleep (in late if all works out):faint:

Yesterday, as you can see in shots above, we went to MK, after grabbing lunch at The Wave. We met up with AnnieT and her DH Alan. Always great catching up with them, and though we don't see as much of them as we would like, we always seem to pick up right where we left off!
We caught FP on Buzz, then did Peoplemover, COP, caught another FP on Pooh(as seen above)then Philharmagic before parting ways. Got one more FP in on BTMRR before heading out(Party night at MK).
So we caught boat Home and below will be some shots of the place we all love:lovestruc
Had a Bison burger at GP, very good!
Has anyone seen this fire pit near Geyser Point?
upload_2018-10-22_9-49-15.jpeg upload_2018-10-22_9-49-31.jpeg
Last night they were cooking marshmallows around it
Shot from WL dock as we were waiting
upload_2018-10-22_9-53-37.jpeg upload_2018-10-22_9-55-46.jpeg
boat back to Contemporary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter