VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

You'd be able to have the reservations combined together later Jimmy if you did end up with multiple reservations but calling would have them modify it now as you go. They'd also be able to reallocate and use the banked points and borrowed points first and leave any 2018 points you might have left.
Thanks Kathy!
Its working out great as I call mid afternoon each day and get right through to MS and able to add a day. 2 more calls and it shall be done:-)

Good afternoon, Groupies!:wave:

We just returned from our Christmastime visit to Dollywood and the Great Smoky Mountain NP. It was my first trip since my foot operation, I used an ECV And I managed well.:goodvibes My reconstructed foot is still quite swollen, I understand from some posts on the board that it’s going to take longer than I imagined to get my foot into a shoe, into a sock, so I have mismatched footwear.

Just saw this on Humphrey's facebook page:

"Update:
Operational changes have been made to Geyser Point. The QS window is now a To-Go only option, while guests wanting to sit inside the restaurant must check in and be seated. The bar is still a walk up option. The changes took place the other day, and are in efforts to make things less chaotic for both guests and cast members. To-Go seating is available for guests outside of the restaurant."

Taking my group over to Universal one day, but unsure if we should go on Thursday to avoid crowds, or Saturday which has 2 additional hours in the park. My son said "But that may mean we're just standing in lines for an additional 2 hours" -- I know he's right, but I'm not planning on hitting up all too many rides myself ;)

Anyone with experience in Thursdays verses Saturdays in Early December?
So, are there some planned Groupie meets in December? :confused:
I was just wondering if you were on the messaging lists - Granny, can you add Kathy?

Last edited:
Taking my group over to Universal one day, but unsure if we should go on Thursday to avoid crowds, or Saturday which has 2 additional hours in the park. My son said "But that may mean we're just standing in lines for an additional 2 hours" -- I know he's right, but I'm not planning on hitting up all too man

I was just wondering if you were on the messaging lists - Granny, can you add Kathy?

Thanks twinklebug!

For Universal I'd be tempted by Thursday and plan to be there for park opening unless there's some show on Saturday that they aren't doing Thursday. I don't think Saturday in early/mid-December would be a deal breaker but it usually means larger crowds with locals visiting on the weekends. It's been a few years since we've done Universal in December but it was always nice and slow.

Last edited:
Thank you Kathy :D I do tend to forget about the locals looking to fit holiday fun into their weekends.
(Sorry also about a partial message there, I'm getting bad with finishing out my thou...)

Thanksgiving Break for schools has arrived, and i could not be more thankful! Just spent the last 24 hours traveling and watching the Alabama High School Cheerleading Championships. Such a long day! Tomorrow will finally be a day off. Looking forward to a few days of DD21 being home from college this week. Hosting the family at our house this Thanksgiving so i should probably get to the grocery store soon and get the needed traditional items.

We have spent 3 Christmas’s at WDW. I’ve loved them all. It’s a little easier now that my kids are older and we don’t have any “believers” anymore. Each time we brought all their presents and Christmas decor for the room. This has always forced me to finish my shopping early and have everything wrapped before we leave. Then while I’m at WDW I’m not stressed leading up to the holiday because everything is done! I’ve enjoyed eating at any restaurant and not spending my day cooking and cleaning like i would at home for our extended family. Yes the parks are crowded, but to me the positive outweighed the negative.

Can someone here humor me for a moment? I need help:D
Most of you know, I am tech challenged to the max. Here is my dilemma...when I go onto WDW website, I can get the home page to pop up, my itinerary shows up, but when I try to make resort, dining or FP ressies, it navigates me immediately to a blank screen. And its been doing this for 3 weeks now. All computers in house are doing the same thing.
So if anyone is willing, can you indulge me with trying any of these and see if you are getting better results or the same.

jimmy, are you using the same browser on all computers? I often have problems using Chrome for WDW site, but when I try Microsoft Edge it will work.

Laura

I haven't seen that issue recently Jimmy, but Laura is right - it very well could be browser based. I did have something similar to that a couple of years back using Firefox. At that time I had to use Explorer or Chrome.

Can someone here humor me for a moment? I need help:D
Most of you know, I am tech challenged to the max. Here is my dilemma...when I go onto WDW website, I can get the home page to pop up, my itinerary shows up, but when I try to make resort, dining or FP ressies, it navigates me immediately to a blank screen. And its been doing this for 3 weeks now. All computers in house are doing the same thing.
So if anyone is willing, can you indulge me with trying any of these and see if you are getting better results or the same.

I'd also add try clearing your history. That will clear your cookies & cache. I often have trouble with the WDW site when logging in using Firefox. Clearing history usually fixes it but not always. If that doesn't work try logging in the Chrome. 99% of the time that does the trick for me.

Morning groupie friends! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!