• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL- checking in Sunday

gracelrm

<font color=teal>Wow - you learn something new eve
We are going home! VWL is our home resort, but we haven't stayed there since 2004! Spent a lot of time trying out other resorts after three trips at VWL. I've forgotten so much about it! We have a 1 BR. Are all the 1BR units lock-offs or do some not connect to a studio? There aren't sleeper chairs in VWL now are there? Is there an ice maker or should I bring some ice trays? I used to spends hours & hours reading up on resorts before checking in- but can't seem to find time for my research anymore!!!

Lucky you!

VWL is a resort that does have some dedicated 1BR's. Here's a link to DVCnews which has the maps of each floor. http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts/villas-at-wilderness-lodge/maps-a-photos

Currently there are no sleeper chairs at VWL (although talk at the annual meeting that they are looking at adding them during the renovation starting next year - but to the studios. :confused3) The refrigerators do not have ice makers but they will have ice trays so you don't need to bring your own. There are also ice machines at the villas so if you need more you can get it.

Have fun!

From the DVC Resource thread:

VWL - 20 Dedicated Studios - 27 Dedicated 1Bdrm - 44 Dedicated 2Bdrm - 45 Lockoffs - 0 Grand Villas = 136 Units / 181 Max. Available Rooms

The DVC Resource thread that Debbie B referenced in her post is found a the top of each of the DVC Boards. It has tons of general information.

And, from what I remember, only OKW has ice makers in the refrigerators (unless the newer resorts have them). But there will be an ice machine on the floor. There should be a couple of ice trays in the freezer section of your refrigerator.

The DVC Resource thread that Debbie B referenced in her post is found a the top of each of the DVC Boards. It has tons of general information.

And, from what I remember, only OKW has ice makers in the refrigerators (unless the newer resorts have them). But there will be an ice machine on the floor. There should be a couple of ice trays in the freezer section of your refrigerator.

VGF does have ice makers and I don't positively recall but I think BLT does also.

I believe we may have scored the best 1BR in VWL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter