• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Bus Service

SpaceMountain77

Kidani Villager Victorian Gentleman Turtle Trekker
Hi everyone,

When last we stayed at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, bus service was shared; some routes were shared with Disney's Grand Floridian and others with Fort Wilderness. Does Wilderness Lodge still share bus service with these two resorts, particularly during March?

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

When last we stayed at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, bus service was shared; some routes were shared with Disney's Grand Floridian and others with Fort Wilderness. Does Wilderness Lodge still share bus service with these two resorts, particularly during March?

Thanks!

Still the same. As is done by all the MK resorts and Epcot resorts.

You're welcome!

I'll just add that VWL has the absolute best bus service of anyplace to the MK. Walk out the Villas front door - 1 minute to the bus stop - and 5 minutes tops to the MK. Zip, zip!! We enjoy the boat rides but in the last 2-3 visits have taken the bus more often - it's just sooooo convenient.

You're welcome!

I'll just add that VWL has the absolute best bus service of anyplace to the MK. Walk out the Villas front door - 1 minute to the bus stop - and 5 minutes tops to the MK. Zip, zip!! We enjoy the boat rides but in the last 2-3 visits have taken the bus more often - it's just sooooo convenient.

Thanks, again, Kathy; that's great to know!

Actually, as silly as it may sound, the decision is also driven by a sandwich. During our last trip, we thoroughly enjoyed the lobster roll sandwiches, with green beens, offered at Contempo Cafe. Unlike some lobster rolls, there are many chunks of lobster, all of which are visible. It was such a great, memorable meal that we really want to be close to the cafe for this sandwich and other Contempo Cafe offerings.

So, for us, a great sandwich is worth the extra 4 points a night :)

Yep, the MK bus from WL is wonderful. You don't go anywhere else but MK and WL. Epcot bus stops at Ft Wilderness after WL. Not sure about the others.

Actually, as silly as it may sound, the decision is also driven by a sandwich. During our last trip, we thoroughly enjoyed the lobster roll sandwiches, with green beens, offered at Contempo Cafe. Unlike some lobster rolls, there are many chunks of lobster, all of which are visible. It was such a great, memorable meal that we really want to be close to the cafe for this sandwich and other Contempo Cafe offerings.

So, for us, a great sandwich is worth the extra 4 points a night :)

I think the Boardwalk Bakery has the same Lobster Roll minus the green beans. Delish!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter