VWL at Christmas 2006

JodyTG

A new pair of shoes can change your life.
I was wondering how difficult it is to get VWL over Christmas at the 7 month mark. Does anyone know if this is even possible?

Two years ago (Christmas 2003) the VWL was available at 7 months. It's the time after Christmas through New Year's eve that was not. I'm not sure what it was like for Christmas 2004.

The VWL is a great place to stay on Christmas.:)

HBC

Thanks for the reply. My DH says that it would be nice to stay there over Christmas next year, especially since our son will probably want to LIVE at the Magic Kingdom. He'll be 2, almost 3 at that time. I have an old VHS tape that I bought at WDW in 1996 (I think) called "Around the World with Mickey and Friends". DS loves the first part that shows the Magic Kingdom. We have to rewind and replay and rewind and replay. I'm just worried that he'll wear the tape out since I don't think they've ever made another one.
:earseek:

We booked a 1 BR at our home resort, SSR, for this December at the 11 month window and called back at 7 months to switch to the VWL. We had to waitlist but it came through in less than a week. Good luck!

It's possible, but a long way from a sure thing.

My advice is to call day by day and waitlist for any days that are not available. With some luck, you should be able to get what you want.

Best wishes-

You definitely want to do it riht at the seven month window. I waited until 6 months out this year (due to changing plans) and I've been waitlisted since for a studio. There is still time but at least I have OKW booked already, which I did at the 11 month window. good luck!

I actually own there but called 8 months out this year just to see how busy it was and all 2BR's and Studios were gone at 8 months. Not sure how long the 1BR's lasted.

But believe it or not, some VWL owners switch to other resorts at 7 months and there are always some whose plans change / get cancelled. So there is a chance if you call at 7 months.

Best wishes-

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter