V's BDay SURPRISE with 99 Characters and Costumes Galore Update May 19th Happy BDAY V

Joining. Love this trip report. I got hooked when I read the title that you met 99 characters and since I am a person who will stand in line to meet the characters and search them out I was totally interested to see who you met.

I must say you exhaust me when I read about all the costume changes for V and her AG Doll. :faint: You make me want to get a few costumes for my DD when we go. I have 11 months to plan so I guess I will start watching for sales and things. :)

Ha ha, well I'll be honest, we didn't change much! what she wore she wore for the day, except for like changing for dinner which is a must. I at least put on a new shirt for dinner don't want to eat in a gross sweaty shirt. We didn't change Elizabeth a whole lot but she did have some!

Thanks for joining glad to have you along! We are up to 31 on the morning of Day 3 characterwise. I had high hopes for our Hollywood Studios Day, It didn't pan out as well as I'd hoped.

Loved seeing the videos! Could not believe that woman standing right in front taking pictures of V with the Step Mother and Step Sisters. I think I would have tapped her on the shoulder and ask to move to the side. I don't think the CMs do anything about people getting in the way, cutting lines. But, really, did she feel she had to get a good picture, in the middle? Really, hate for someone to mess with my photo ops!

Waiting for another update! Karen

Hi, Yes it was uber annoying and I don't know for sure that V was in the pictures, she could have been taking from the waist up or whatever eliminating V, but she was frustrating, I wanted to ask her to move, but everything moves so fast I was worries about missing something. It just a little disconcerning, I mean I post V's pics here and facebook, and her parents are okay and know that, but I don't know this other lady or what she will do with them. I know its completely innocent, you juset get stuck in a cute moment and start snapping and the pics probably get deleted anyways. The CM probably didn't even know that that lady wasn't "with V and I".

If it happens again you can bet I'll be more vocal!

Luvin the update. The bears are so cute at the Merida meet.

I just found this dress on ebay, SO SAD I could never get it for V for our trip. It is So Pretty!

T2eC16FHJFoE9nh6nt7BQq5m140y60_12_zpsaeebe89b.jpg

I also really like this one, but she has her heart set on Belle (with pink hair) Well she flip flops back and forth over yes BBB and no BBB

T2eC16NHJGkE9no8gGLyBQ86HN0560_12_zps574c09da.jpg

I also really like this one, but she has her heart set on Belle (with pink hair) Well she flip flops back and forth over yes BBB and no BBB

T2eC16NHJGkE9no8gGLyBQ86HN0560_12_zps574c09da.jpg

I LOVE that dress!!! I am so far behind, I just popped in to let you know I am still reading!

It's fun to see the videos. Thanks for sharing those. I need to do more of those.

It's interesting to see which characters kids warm up to right away and which ones they are a little reluctant with. Bella took forever to be willing to see any of them. She is finally willing to walk up on her own now. She likes the Princesses, but she is a bit shy with their fellas. She usually tries to stand on the side of the Princess that is away from the Prince. Brooklynn was never afraid of any of them, although she was a little more shy with face characters when she was little, and she did better with the 'cartoonish' ones.

MeMom, I'm so glad you posted. Sorry I am so late in my reply, I thought I had replied already. I am so glad you posted because I was about 3/4 of the way through your TR and hadn't bookmarked it and closed it accidently. I tried but couldn't find it again and couldn't remember what it was called. So glad you posted so now I can go and get caught up at some point.

V's been weird about characters, never afraid but some just not the happiest to see. Yet, she is so darn excited about getting autographs. She doesn't often engage much so sometimes I do my best to prompt a little otherwise it is such a one sided meet on the characters side! lol

I loved seeing all of the videos and the pictures turned out great!

V is just so adorable in that dress! :)

D~
She is pretty darn cute!

Luvin the update. The bears are so cute at the Merida meet.

The are adorable! Merida made sure to point them out to V.

hi! I'm a little late but I'm subbing in now.

Welcome!:grouphug: I am not the fastest on this TR, but welcome!

JUDY! Thank you, you are awesome.

REAL LIFE UPDATE

This is Rogue!!! (8 wks)
DSC_0217_zpscf271da1.jpg

He is a Rhodesian Ridgeback
DSC_0167_zps2cb33e68.jpg

Rogue and his siblings at 7 weeks
DSC_0098_zps17472cca.jpg

Day 3: Part 3

We left off with battling a guest for pictures of V with The Tremaines. After saying goodbye we headed up to the front of the park and boarded the bus back to Port Orleans. We went to the food court and grabbed some lunch. I had pasta and V ate chicken nuggets. I was having a near panic attack that she would spill on her dress but thankfully she didn’t! The goal was to take a break and have a rest. We would be staying for Wishes that night and I really wanted V to have a nap. I knew it was a long shot, but worth a try. She had been so grumpy that morning, I was really hoping.

Of course she didn’t nap. It was probably her hair that was bothering her and it was just too early! So I let her just lay and chill for a while in the room while I sat outside on the bench reading or doing something. I believe this was also the day that I caught the cleaning lady going into our room and I stopped her. I peeked in and V wasn’t sleeping so I just told her to head on in. She had misplaced her towel animal stickers and was hoping she’d left them in our room. She hadn’t. The nap was a total lost cause so we just got ready and headed back to the park. It was nice to have a bit of a break, though I did wish we would have just stayed at the park and powered through, we really hadn’t done much that day!
Our first stop was to see the princesses! I did a video and my photopass pics are rather awful, but we’ll get by. I had my camera out and was doing a video so for some reason the photographers thought I didn’t want them to take any pics, despite my giving them the photopass plus card! The princesses were lovely of course. V saw Cinderella first and Cinderella commented on her double crown asking if she was the princess of my castle! Super cute and Cinderella is always V’s favorite princess.

Disney2012Day3_63.jpg

Disney2012Day3_64.jpg

We met Belle next who was also so sweet with V. I just love how (usually) the princesses really take the time with the kids. Sure sometimes you get the here’s a quick picture and autograph, bye! But for the most part we have always had such wonderful character interactions.
Disney2012Day3_65.jpg

Disney2012Day3_66.jpg

Disney2012Day3_67.jpg

Disney2012Day3_68.jpg

Disney2012Day3_69.jpg

V’s meet with Rapunzel was great! Not my favourite Rapunzel, but V loved her. There was some cute interaction, when V asked Rapunzel how her date with Flynn went. Rapunzel never missed a beat! (If you remember from previous chapters, V thought Rapunzel was on a date with Flynn!

Rapunzel Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynucy8i_j24

Pictures
Disney2012Day3_70.jpg

Disney2012Day3_71.jpg

Disney2012Day3_72.jpg

Disney2012Day3_73.jpg

Disney2012Day3_74.jpg

Disney2012Day3_75.jpg

After saying goodbye to Rapunzel, we headed to find a spot to watch the afternoon parade. Ugh it always amazes me how people just try to sneak in where you have been waiting. In todays case, I had the stroller parked at the curb with V and I beside it. The parade had started and V was standing beside the stroller I was behind the stroller right at the curb. A minute later V took a step to the left and a lady squeezed in separating us. Uhhhhh excuse me? I don’t think so! I indicated that V was with me (who now had hardly enough room to stand) and she stepped back after a dirty look.

(I have Lots of parade pics intermixed below, these are screen grabs from my video I’d done, hence the poor quality, but whatever!)

Disney2012Day3_76.jpg

I love this parade it is so much fun. We had a great experience watching the parade just in front of town hall last year, so I chose that spot again and again, it was a great spot!
Disney2012Day3_77.jpg

V got some great character interaction. She got some Pinocchio characters, and a wave from Aladdin and Mary Poppins. Hook, Smee, The White Rabbit and Queen of Hearts came along. V wasn’t too fond of Hook, but she liked Smee and The White Rabbit. The Queen of Hearts however; she got right in V’s face and scared the bejeezees out of her!
Disney2012Day3_78.jpg

Disney2012Day3_79.jpg

Disney2012Day3_80.jpg

Disney2012Day3_81.jpg

Disney2012Day3_82.jpg

CONTINUED

She had Elizabeth and was waiting for her best friend of the day!

And here she came along! V was thrilled to see Drizella and Drizella was so cute with her! We’d warned Drizella we might see her at the parade and She was happy to see V and Elizabeth (in her Drizella dress). Anastasia... not so much! HA HA
Disney2012Day3_87.jpg

Disney2012Day3_87.jpg

Disney2012Day3_89.jpg

Disney2012Day3_90.jpg

Disney2012Day3_91.jpg

Disney2012Day3_92.jpg

Disney2012Day3_93.jpg

Disney2012Day3_94.jpg

Here is a Video of the parade. If you want to see the Drizella action it is at 5:15 Such an awesome parade!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u1LWKtVHdI

V was waving like crazy at the Fairy Godmother and she got the message as did Cinderella.
Disney2012Day3_95.jpg

Disney2012Day3_96.jpg

V blew Belle a kiss and she blew one back! Surprisingly V was calling out to The Beast too!
Disney2012Day3_97.jpg

Disney2012Day3_98.jpg

Disney2012Day3_99.jpg

I think Ariel was yelling out “What’s her name?” to V about Elizabeth, but I’m not entirely sure.

I laughed over Naveen’s dancing.

Then the parade was over and we joined the crowd following the parade and heading to our next destination. Can you guess what it is? More princesses of course!

Previous Character Count: 31
This Chapter: 2
Total Count: 33

So happy to read your next update. :goodvibes

Great pictures with the princesses and the parade. I love all the interaction the characters in the parade had with V and Drizilla of course was great. :)

Looking forward to more. ::yes::

Love the princess photos! V looks like she had a great time. Just wondering, where did you find the crown that is in front? It is very pretty!

:cool1:

Still following along and enjoying! :wave:
I will try to update this week, like is crazy!

So happy to read your next update. :goodvibes

Great pictures with the princesses and the parade. I love all the interaction the characters in the parade had with V and Drizilla of course was great. :)

Looking forward to more. ::yes::

Drizella was awesome wasn't she. Drizellas and Anastasias must have a blast everyday, just getting to act so crazy!

Love the princess photos! V looks like she had a great time. Just wondering, where did you find the crown that is in front? It is very pretty!
The crown was so pretty. It was so big on V I didn't realize it was going to be that big. I got it at Claires last spring.

I'm still here,too! Nice video!!!popcorn::

I liked the videos. I need to try and do more videos next trip.

I am aiming to do an update this week. Life is just so crazy lately, especially with 2 puppies running around! (Yes 2!)

Day 3 Part 4 Magic Kingdom

After the parade we slowly made our way over to Adventureland and got in line to see Ariel! Ariel and Prince Eric were fabulous with her! We had a bit of a wait since the parade was still going on but we weren’t too far from the front. Soon we saw someone we knew and that made the time pass much faster. It was Meliss the fabulous photopass photographer whom we’d met at The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique that morning. She remembered V 100% (even tho I didn’t recognize her at first) and she chatted with us and took some shots of V. It definitely made the time pass faster and I knew our pics were in good hands when V met Ariel.

Disney2012Day3_100.jpg

The lighting was bad so unfortunately I didn’t get any great shots of V!
Ariel was so sweet with V! And she even taught V a little dance for her birthday! Meliss took lots of pictures

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nllZlEkeEYQ

After saying goodbye to Ariel we headed to visit Aladdin and Jasmine. We had to wait a little for them to come out but it was well worth it! Aladdin was funny practicing his alphabet as Jasmine checked to find out if V’s book was alphabetical or categorized.

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lDKFsMe_eI

After saying goodbye to Jasmine and Aladdin, we headed back over to Liberty Square to meet up again with Tiana. Tiana had just left to visit Naveen so took a break on the bench and V had a blast catching bubbles from a bubble gun. V LOVES bubbles. She had been bugging me for a bugglegun blower and I said no numerous times. She hardly ever asks for anything, so I felt bad. She had fun chasing these bubbles!

Soon Tiana was back and we patiently waited our turn.

It was fun seeing Tiana again, she danced with her and it was so cute! V wasn’t even shy with Naveen. I reminded V of the question we had talked about. “Did you bring your brother?” she asked Naveen. Everyone got a good laugh. Tiana didn’t seem to remember seeing V earlier in the day. Naveen was great!

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adfSYlzaKn4

We said goodbye to Tiana and headed off. As we were passing by the castle we took our time as we had a bit of time until our dinner reservation. We stopped at the Kodak spot and saw Meliss again! She took some shots of V including some magic shots!

Next: Just where do Princesses go for dinner? Why a Castle of course!

Previous Character Count: 31
This Chapter: 6
Total Count: 39

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter