VOLCANO BAY.....INFO AND QUESTION THREAD........

Last year, I bought our EP for October 5th on June 27th. I don't know if that was the first available date to buy or not. However, I had been monitoring it weekly or every other week. I would start looking in early June at the latest. We didn't really need the EP though. It was a Friday, and we did early entry. We had needed it the previous summer, opening summer, even with Early Entry. That's why I got it.
Thanks for the help, I will keep an eye out, I think I will still buy them as we really want to make the most of our day there.

Planning to go on a Friday in September. Staying at Cabana Bay so will have early entry. Is there any financial benefit in booking early? I see that tickets are tied to a date so thinking if I buy when I arrive in Orlando (the day before) I could consider going on the following day (Saturday) if the weather forecast is better. My preference is not to go on Saturday as I assume the crowds are higher with locals but I’ve limited choices as most of time will be Disney for this trip. Are tickets more $ if bought at the gate rather than online?

I read buy tickets before you go for the best rate

I bought my first preferred ap in the way early years
I renew it yearly

Prices for the ap were cheap at that time
I still receive a decent charge when I renew

Planning to go on a Friday in September. Staying at Cabana Bay so will have early entry. Is there any financial benefit in booking early? I see that tickets are tied to a date so thinking if I buy when I arrive in Orlando (the day before) I could consider going on the following day (Saturday) if the weather forecast is better. My preference is not to go on Saturday as I assume the crowds are higher with locals but I’ve limited choices as most of time will be Disney for this trip. Are tickets more $ if bought at the gate rather than online?

I think tickets are more expensive bought at the gate than online. However, the rate may be only $5 more or it could be up to $20 more possibly. It depends upon how much flexibility you are willing to pay for and also for how many people you are buying tickets.

I'm so frustrated with the Express Pass for VB. Our trip is in July, and I've been looking periodically and only the limited EP is offered. For everyday after July 2 the EP Plus shows "sold out". I think they just haven't opened up availability on them - or maybe they never will? Any ideas? I'm tired of stalking the page. Also, I want to rent a Cabana, but it says they're only taking reservations through 6/30. I really thought the whole summer would be available for booking by now.

I'm so frustrated with the Express Pass for VB. Our trip is in July, and I've been looking periodically and only the limited EP is offered. For everyday after July 2 the EP Plus shows "sold out". I think they just haven't opened up availability on them - or maybe they never will? Any ideas? I'm tired of stalking the page. Also, I want to rent a Cabana, but it says they're only taking reservations through 6/30. I really thought the whole summer would be available for booking by now.

Have you tried calling? I remember having to do a lot over the phone.

I called a month or so ago. The customer service agent said she couldn’t tell if it was sold out or just not available yet, but she guessed not available. I’ve been checking since February. If it did open, it sold out within s week. I think it never opened

My travel agent told me they are not available for presale and to ask when I check in. Last summer, I bought them well in advance of July, so I found this advice surprising.

I called a month or so ago. The customer service agent said she couldn’t tell if it was sold out or just not available yet, but she guessed not available. I’ve been checking since February. If it did open, it sold out within s week. I think it never opened

My travel agent told me they are not available for presale and to ask when I check in. Last summer, I bought them well in advance of July, so I found this advice surprising.

I know that we bought our EP over the phone or online for October, but maybe they are only available day of now. I would try calling again though, in case it opened up. The agents can't always tell if they are sold out or not available yet. At one point during the first year, they did stop selling them for a bit. Good luck.

EDIT: You mentioned seeing the limited EP. Is that the one that only allows 1 ride/attraction? If so, that's all that is available now. They no longer sell the unlimited rides/attraction one at VB, like they do for parks.

I know that we bought our EP over the phone or online for October, but maybe they are only available day of now. I would try calling again though, in case it opened up. The agents can't always tell if they are sold out or not available yet. At one point during the first year, they did stop selling them for a bit. Good luck.

EDIT: You mentioned seeing the limited EP. Is that the one that only allows 1 ride/attraction? If so, that's all that is available now. They no longer sell the unlimited rides/attraction one at VB, like they do for parks.

They offer two kinds —- one time on all of slides except for the big body slides and oh no oh yeah. This is available

The other one that includes one time on all of the slides including the body slides and oh no and oh yeah is more expensive and not showing as available. It’s there on the website, just not available

Neither of these is an unlimited pass

They offer two kinds —- one time on all of slides except for the big body slides and oh no oh yeah. This is available

The other one that includes one time on all of the slides including the body slides and oh no and oh yeah is more expensive and not showing as available. It’s there on the website, just not available

Neither of these is an unlimited pass

I just wanted to be sure that you were not referring to the unlimited one, which they did offer the first summer but don't anymore.

I tried selecting the more expensive one from the Volcano Bay page. It hung. However, if you select the cheaper one, it will then let you select a date. I selected 2 people for July 4th. Then scroll all the way down, and it will show both of the Volcano Bay options. July 4th showed sold out for the Plus one; however, I did find some dates in July that were not sold out, like July 1. So, it may sold out for the Plus option for some dates in July.

I'm going in June and know the day we are going to Volcano Bay. Rain or shine. Planning on getting EP but was wondering if I should buy them now since I'm worried they might sell out? Or wait until I'm there so it's one less thing I have to worry about during packing/traveling?

I'm going in June and know the day we are going to Volcano Bay. Rain or shine. Planning on getting EP but was wondering if I should buy them now since I'm worried they might sell out? Or wait until I'm there so it's one less thing I have to worry about during packing/traveling?

It could sell out, depending upon which one you want and for what day. It looks like the Plus option is already sold out for some days in July.

Staying at Cabana Bay and have a day planned at VB. If we decide to take a midday break to chill in the room, is it pretty easy to then go back later? (Assuming it doesn't hit capacity). I can envision maybe wanting to leave and come back in the evening. Will also have premium seating and assuming we wouldn't lose our seats when leaving.

I hate these type of questions, but here I go anyways. We will be there in 2 weeks, staying on site and taking advantage of EE. Would it even be worth it for the limited EP if we get there early?

I hate these type of questions, but here I go anyways. We will be there in 2 weeks, staying on site and taking advantage of EE. Would it even be worth it for the limited EP if we get there early?
We will be there next week and for us the answer is NO. We are staying on site and also plan to take advantage of EE. From what I have read/researched, if you are able to do that (get there early) you will be able to hit just about everything in the first two hours and then can chill in the lazy river and other things while waiting for any virtual queues. That's our plan, anyway. Will probably take some kind of break back at the hotel too, assuming it's not a big hassle with turning in the Tapu Tapu and then getting them again later (and whatever else may be involved with reentry). I'll try to remember to report back on how it all shakes out. :-)

Staying at Cabana Bay and have a day planned at VB. If we decide to take a midday break to chill in the room, is it pretty easy to then go back later? (Assuming it doesn't hit capacity). I can envision maybe wanting to leave and come back in the evening. Will also have premium seating and assuming we wouldn't lose our seats when leaving.

Hi if you have premium seating you will not lose it. However, someone may take it and in that case you will have to get an associate to remove them. When I went the past two years it was that if you had a cabana or premium seating you could get back in even at capacity. You had to prove that you had the seating. We were there both years at the busiest times early August and late June. We went for EE then left for a few hours and went back about two to three hours before closing and it was nice and quiet.

Hi if you follow the advice of EE then you shouldn't need the EP if you are okay with doing all you want in the first few hours. However, the only thing that could change that is like us we loved the main rides and wanted to re ride through the day, we also had a cabana so in that sense the EP could make sense. In two weeks the capacity will be heavier but not as quite as full summer crowds. Honestly, if you are going to spend the whole day there and have the extra money I would probably do it. I did the first year buy the unlimited express pass when they offered it (they don't anymore) and we enjoyed it. If you are only going for a half day and don't have the money you should be fine. At the least you could inquire when you get there and if they have any you could buy it.

Hi I have to say that there has been some inconsistencies with this policy. I myself have had mixed information. I was told last summer that they were only selling them the day of on a need basis. It was being done because the first year they over sold for the capacity and it was a nightmare. They do however, have a tendency to change policies frequently or depends on who you speak with.

Hi if you have premium seating you will not lose it. However, someone may take it and in that case you will have to get an associate to remove them. When I went the past two years it was that if you had a cabana or premium seating you could get back in even at capacity. You had to prove that you had the seating. We were there both years at the busiest times early August and late June. We went for EE then left for a few hours and went back about two to three hours before closing and it was nice and quiet.
Great to know! Thank you!! The more I was thinking about it, the more I was thinking we will probably want to leave at some point to get away from crazy crowds and/or heat. Especially since we are right there at Cabana Bay. Just wasn't sure how much hassle it would be with turning in Tapu Tapus and then having to get them again and reclaim our seat. Sounds like we should be fine and I like the idea even more. Especially the coming back in the evening once it's less crowded again.

Great to know! Thank you!! The more I was thinking about it, the more I was thinking we will probably want to leave at some point to get away from crazy crowds and/or heat. Especially since we are right there at Cabana Bay. Just wasn't sure how much hassle it would be with turning in Tapu Tapus and then having to get them again and reclaim our seat. Sounds like we should be fine and I like the idea even more. Especially the coming back in the evening once it's less crowded again.
You're welcome glad I can help. Also we stayed at Cabana Bay specifically for VB. It is so nice to walk right next door. It really is easy with the separate entrance for CBBR guests. We found it to be no hassle to get new tapu tapu when we went back in. We enjoyed VB at night. The last two hours were great and the park is so pretty at night.
Enjoy!!

We are going next week and I have a few questions...
1. How do they handle rider swap? I have a 2 year old. Want to do aqua coaster first then family raft ride next. Will it eat up time?
2. Where is the private entrance for CBBR to VB?
3. Would we still get on a lot of rides if we get there by 8amish? Have a non morning teenager.
TIA

Hi I can't help you with rider swap questions, my teens were 16 last summer. I hope someone can jump in for you. If not you could try a quick search on the web, I know there are a lot of vloggers who touch on everything.

the entrance to volcano bay is
locatedpast the two new towers that opened in the South Courtyard alongside the water theme park. It is at the end of the Americana Building and the newer Bay Side Tower. If you go on you tube and look up Tim Tracker videos he has good ones. He has some of Cabana bay resort and the entrance to Volcano Bay.

Your early entry time will be 8 am for on site guests with the public coming in at 9 am. The first two hours that the park is open is the best time with less people. If you can get there right at 8 you will be good.

We love VB enjoy the park!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!