VOLCANO BAY.....INFO AND QUESTION THREAD........

I can't remember if they are sold in the park or not. I know that you can buy them online or on the phone ahead of time. I did that for October already.

Gotcha. Was just thinking if I didn’t pre-purchase & we decided we wish we had would buying an EP there be an option. Seems like they could make some real $$$ doing that.

Does anyone know if you can have Uber or Lyft drop you off at the Cabana Bay resort to get into Volcano Bay instead of going to city walk and taking a bus over? Do they check to see if you are staying at the hotel when you are going into the park during regular hours?

Does anyone know if you can have Uber or Lyft drop you off at the Cabana Bay resort to get into Volcano Bay instead of going to city walk and taking a bus over? Do they check to see if you are staying at the hotel when you are going into the park during regular hours?
The Cabana Bay entrance is only for guests staying at the universal resorts.

At what point do the slides change from ride now to using the TapuTapu?

We plan to be at VB for early entry on July 31. I'm wondering if we should be looking to tap into a slide right at 9 when the park opens.

Hi I just stayed at CBBR for VB and they do check room cards for the private entrance.

Hi everyone... I am doing a trip report on the other thread here is the link. I have my VB days in the beginning with a personal summary and just wanted to share. https://www.disboards.com/threads/another-great-trip-to-report-yay-june-july-2018.3693961/

I would like to add that I didn't there is that I would consider the new express pass they are offering if I was doing full days. I can see that the capacity is still there in the summer months. We were happy with the two half days and didn't need it but I would recommend it. I would also do the cabana again if I had the extra money and was planning a full day or family event.

Any questions just ask:D

Hi everyone... I am doing a trip report on the other thread here is the link. I have my VB days in the beginning with a personal summary and just wanted to share. https://www.disboards.com/threads/another-great-trip-to-report-yay-june-july-2018.3693961/

I would like to add that I didn't there is that I would consider the new express pass they are offering if I was doing full days. I can see that the capacity is still there in the summer months. We were happy with the two half days and didn't need it but I would recommend it. I would also do the cabana again if I had the extra money and was planning a full day or family event.

Any questions just ask:D

Assuming the crowd doesn't die off when we are there in the 1st full week of august, would you say we can get everything done if we go for early entry? I was considering getting the express pass but its quite pricey for one ride per thing especially when the cheaper one doesn't include the better rides.

Assuming the crowd doesn't die off when we are there in the 1st full week of august, would you say we can get everything done if we go for early entry? I was considering getting the express pass but its quite pricey for one ride per thing especially when the cheaper one doesn't include the better rides.

Hi I think you can get all the big ticket rides at least once. I agree the express pass is a little pricey and that is why I didn't choose it. I would be at the turnstiles a little before park opens. You should have 7:30 early entry time. I believe that is what it is for the summer. The crowds really pick up about 10:00. I would prioritize your rides that you want. Our top three we do first our Puihi, Honu and Moana and the aqua coaster. After that we would do the volcano body slides. You can then do the rivers and the wave pool if you are going to stay. We were able to do my top three twice in the morning instead of the body slides. If you look at that it is about 6 rides in that time frame.

I hope you enjoy VB it is our favorite water park. Any other questions please ask.

1. Do you know what time counter service opens?

2. Are there clocks around the park, or do the workers at the slides have watches? I don't plan on micro managing my kids. However, I do plan to go to counter service as soon as it opens and have them meet me there for a quick lunch or snack. Also, I'll need them to come back two hours later to reapply sunblock. I'm trying to figure out how they can keep track of time.

3. I won't be wearing a bathing suit. No slides or pools. I was planning on playing photographer during early hour, then mostly reading. I don't want to sit in the blazing sun on the beach. I would prefer a chair (not low) or bench, and would rather stand that lay down on the lounge chair (hence no preferred seating for me) or sit in a low chair. Last year, I sat at an umbrella table near Oh No, but it got really sunny there around 10am. Later in the morning I found a big area of umbrella tables over looking the fearless river. In hindsight, I think it was across from Bambu counter service. (We left the park before 11am so no one was ever there) Do you know this area? Would I be able to park myself in that shade or is it really for the food place?

4. Our park day is 7/31. We have the express pass that includes all of the slides one time. I was hoping to leave the park by 2pm. Do you think that's enough time to use the 11 express passes, swim in the fearless river, and take a dip in the wave pool?

Thanks for your help.

1. Do you know what time counter service opens?

2. Are there clocks around the park, or do the workers at the slides have watches? I don't plan on micro managing my kids. However, I do plan to go to counter service as soon as it opens and have them meet me there for a quick lunch or snack. Also, I'll need them to come back two hours later to reapply sunblock. I'm trying to figure out how they can keep track of time.

3. I won't be wearing a bathing suit. No slides or pools. I was planning on playing photographer during early hour, then mostly reading. I don't want to sit in the blazing sun on the beach. I would prefer a chair (not low) or bench, and would rather stand that lay down on the lounge chair (hence no preferred seating for me) or sit in a low chair. Last year, I sat at an umbrella table near Oh No, but it got really sunny there around 10am. Later in the morning I found a big area of umbrella tables over looking the fearless river. In hindsight, I think it was across from Bambu counter service. (We left the park before 11am so no one was ever there) Do you know this area? Would I be able to park myself in that shade or is it really for the food place?

4. Our park day is 7/31. We have the express pass that includes all of the slides one time. I was hoping to leave the park by 2pm. Do you think that's enough time to use the 11 express passes, swim in the fearless river, and take a dip in the wave pool?

Thanks for your help.

Hi the lunch counter service opens at 11 for lunch.

There are no clocks around VB. A big complaint of mine. I had to keep asking associates the time.

This year they have put up what I call public cabana tops. These things are big. They have several of them around the park and they are open to everyone. You would have to get to one early. I did notice that sometimes by the afternoon the sun would be hitting some of it depending on the direction. You might have to move around. As far as sitting in the chairs. It could be the restaurant sitting area. I normally will sit in a place like that until I see people looking for somewhere to sit to eat then I move. Otherwise I wouldn't worry about it.

I think that is plenty of time to do what you want and leave by 2. If you are going early entry I would hold off as long as you can using the express pass. What I believe was I read a few pages back and you can check. Is that the express pass is different from when I went. I believe the poster said they were going to go in early entry do stuff then go have the express pass put on after so it won't interfere with using the pass. I don't remember the specifics. When I went last summer I had unlimited express pass put on right away and used it.

Enjoy!

We just went to Volcano Bay yesterday for the first time. We did not have early entrance, but we got there early to be first in line for when they opened the park. They opened the park right at 8:30, and all the rides were still ride now. We were easily able to ride everything we wanted to as a ride now before we ever had to tap in for a wait. We didn’t have express either. After our first round, we then rerode the aqua coaster (which was only a 30 minute wait by this point) as well as a few other slides. Several slide remained ride now the entire time we were there. We had finished doing everything we wanted to do in the park by the time everything shut down due to the approaching weather.

I'm fairly confused about this express pass now. If the ride never changes from ride now to Tapu, then I can't actually use the express pass.

Has anyone had the longboard pizzas from Whakawaiwai? Are they big enough to share?

Hi the lunch counter service opens at 11 for lunch.

There are no clocks around VB. A big complaint of mine. I had to keep asking associates the time.

This year they have put up what I call public cabana tops. These things are big. They have several of them around the park and they are open to everyone. You would have to get to one early. I did notice that sometimes by the afternoon the sun would be hitting some of it depending on the direction. You might have to move around. As far as sitting in the chairs. It could be the restaurant sitting area. I normally will sit in a place like that until I see people looking for somewhere to sit to eat then I move. Otherwise I wouldn't worry about it.

I think that is plenty of time to do what you want and leave by 2. If you are going early entry I would hold off as long as you can using the express pass. What I believe was I read a few pages back and you can check. Is that the express pass is different from when I went. I believe the poster said they were going to go in early entry do stuff then go have the express pass put on after so it won't interfere with using the pass. I don't remember the specifics. When I went last summer I had unlimited express pass put on right away and used it.

Enjoy!

From another poster and the TM from whom I purchased our EP for October, EP is now a wristband on which they mark off the rides as you do them. There is no interference with the Tapu. The only reason to wait to pick up your EP is to not waist EE time waiting in line for it. If you have a cabana or premium seating, then you should get them and the EP at the same time.

I know you can go early entry and ride the rides, how is the park at night. Say 6pm to Closing? Would we be able to get on the 48 inch and above rides easliy?

Stupid question, but if you have one day tickets and are staying at Cabana Bay can you come and go?

So be there when it opens, stay until lunch then leave and come back towards close.

I know you can go early entry and ride the rides, how is the park at night. Say 6pm to Closing? Would we be able to get on the 48 inch and above rides easliy?

Still hoping someone can give me some info about going at night and what the lines are like, but I was also thinking about bags at Volcano Bay, so I know they give you the Tapu Tapu but what does everyone do with there admission ticket, phone, sunscreen etc. At other water parks, we would probably leave our bag at our seat. Is that what people do or does everyone rent a locker? And if anyone can kind of give me the cheat sheet of what to do so we can get their for early entry and get on the rides as quick as possible , that would be great.

Still hoping someone can give me some info about going at night and what the lines are like, but I was also thinking about bags at Volcano Bay, so I know they give you the Tapu Tapu but what does everyone do with there admission ticket, phone, sunscreen etc. At other water parks, we would probably leave our bag at our seat. Is that what people do or does everyone rent a locker? And if anyone can kind of give me the cheat sheet of what to do so we can get their for early entry and get on the rides as quick as possible , that would be great.

Hi I just went at night about two weeks ago. I did stay at CBBR so we walked over. We went at about 4:00 and stayed till about 8:00. This was at the end of June and during the week , which is a tad slower. I enjoy the park at night. The lights are really pretty. I think about two hours before the park closes it really empties out. I was glad that we did it. Most of the rides by 7:00 were like a 15 minute wait or ride now except for the aqua coaster. This will always have the longest line.

What we do is I bought an aqua vault from amazon. One of the other posters recommended it last year and it is awesome. It holds about 4 phones and a small wallet and it could hold your tickets. It locks to the chair and has a combination. There are different ones though. I would look up aqua vault on amazon and see what style you like. I do not rent a locker I think it is a waste for us. I will leave my sunscreen, flip flops and cover ups at a chair.

We always go for early entry. We get there about 15 minutes before park opens. Once we get in we find a seat in some kind of shade by the wave pool, front of the volcano. We go over to the aqua coaster if it is running and ride that first. We then would go to the body slides in the volcano if someone wants to. Otherwise we head to Puihi (yellow and green family tubes) we ride that then go over to Honu and Moana. These are your most popular rides and will get the lines once the general public comes in. You have about an hour after general opening to still ride with minimal weight. I saw lines about 30 minutes starting about 10 for a 9 opening.

Enjoy and any other questions please ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!