VOLCANO BAY.....INFO AND QUESTION THREAD........

Hoping for low crowds 2nd week of December. Hopefully only us crazy Canadians want to swim then!

We are staying off site, and want to visit VB on Saturday, Sept. 23. We'll most likely take an Uber. What time do we need to arrive? It opens at 9 am, so I was thinking 8 am? Is that too early? To late? I am going to be rousing sleepy heads after HHN the night before. Would it be safe to show up later in morning? It says crowd epectancy is slow, but I keep hearing VB is sold out at capacity almost daily. Is that because it is still summer?

Yes, just hold them, you can wear them on everything else besides the trapdoor slides.
I assume you mean I can wear them on everything else in addition to the trap door slides? I figured the less intense slides would be fine. Just didn't know if they were being strict with the plunges! Thanks!

I went today. Got there around 9:30am and I think crowd was great. Longest wait we had was the Ko'okiri Body Plunge at 135 minutes when we tapped but ended up being 60 minutes before we got the ride now option. Once on the ride we waited about 30 mins to drop so 90 minute wait overall.

Every other ride (except the roller coster which was a 70 minute wait) we waited no more than 35 minutes or less.

I think the crowds just may be starting to dwindle now that peak summer is over. Still a large crowd but was no where near as bad as the reviews had me bracing myself for. By 4pm, we had did every ride but the Ko'okiri and the OhYah/OhNo ride. By 6pm-6:30 crowd was pretty much all gone with lots of the rides ride now including Kala & Tai Nui Serpentine Body Slides. I had an amazing time.

Hi All - First time at VB on Sunday afternoon. We also went this afternoon (Monday). Overall, the park exceeded our expectations in pretty much every way. Crowds were very low. Can't say they will stay that way but that was what we saw. Because we're from the west coast, the early morning approach was going to be a no-go for us. So, we tried the park in reverse. Playing at the other parks in the morning and heading to VB at about 2pm. Worked great for us. Over the course of the two days, we road nearly all the rides and had time for fun in the lazy rivers, etc. The biggest thing I didn't expect is how huge the park is... There's just tons to do. We're actually going a third day tomorrow (!). Can't wait. Just thought I'd post a little since I was just here today but will try to remember to write more about our experience when we return. BTW: the service across the board at Universal has been stellar (!!). Very impressive.

When we went we did a video on the kids play area. I thought I would add it to this thread. Runamukka Reef was awesome.

I had a very difficult time finding pictures of the large family cabana (up to 16 people) before our trip, so I wanted to post some here. There are only two in the park, and they are both in the perfect location, right in the middle of the park. We had a large group and for us it was worth every penny! We *really* loved being able to reserve ride times right from the cabana, that was a huge perk. They will also provide more towels upon request as it is only stocked with 8 initially. Also, for organizers like me, I brought address labels with everyone's name so that we could keep track of water bottles in the fridge. We absolutely loved Volcano Bay!
File_003.jpeg File_004.jpeg File_005.jpeg File_000 (1).jpeg

I had a very difficult time finding pictures of the large family cabana (up to 16 people) before our trip, so I wanted to post some here. There are only two in the park, and they are both in the perfect location, right in the middle of the park. We had a large group and for us it was worth every penny! We *really* loved being able to reserve ride times right from the cabana, that was a huge perk. They will also provide more towels upon request as it is only stocked with 8 initially. Also, for organizers like me, I brought address labels with everyone's name so that we could keep track of water bottles in the fridge. We absolutely loved Volcano Bay!
View attachment 265680 View attachment 265681 View attachment 265682 View attachment 265683
do you reserve these in advance? Can it be done online? We would only want the smaller cabanas - 5 people - but I like the idea of a "home base" with a fridge, shade, towels, and an assistant for the ride times and food.

do you reserve these in advance? Can it be done online? We would only want the smaller cabanas - 5 people - but I like the idea of a "home base" with a fridge, shade, towels, and an assistant for the ride times and food.
They had temporarily removed the ability to book in advance, but the website says they are now booking through 9/30. You can call (877) 489-8068 to inquire about booking. Good luck!

Headed there this weekend how has attendance been? Hoping not to have to be there at 8am. Trying to relax a little.

I really want to try this park on my trip, but I am a solo traveler. I am concerned that I won't be able to ride what appears to be multi-person rides.

I really want to try this park on my trip, but I am a solo traveler. I am concerned that I won't be able to ride what appears to be multi-person rides.
You can go with us if you like, but I think they will put you in a raft with others if needed.

You can go with us if you like, but I think they will put you in a raft with others if needed.

What Day would you be thinking of going? I only have Monday, Thursday, and Friday available. I don't think I want to hit VB on Saturday.

I rode one of the big raft rides by myself. They put me with other people. In fact, I got to cut by a decent number of people because they were asking for parties of 1:)

What Day would you be thinking of going? I only have Monday, Thursday, and Friday available. I don't think I want to hit VB on Saturday.
Probably Thursday, I have an ap and we arrive on Tuesday. Friday is HHN opening night so Thursday would work best.

It is not weird at all

The Disboards have many forums

..........UO has four forums on the Dis

Orlando has a lot to offer
vacationers and the Dis includes sections that gives readers a place to discuss it

It is a great way to connect with others and do meet/greets

I've been fortunate to meet other posters and be able to put a name with a face

Have been able to make great friendships over the years because of the boards here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter