Volcano Bay experience 6/8/17

pattyw

DIS Veteran
We just returned from 7 nights at the HRH- had a great time!! We spent 6/8 at Volcano Bay with a cabana and EP. It's been very rainy in Orlando- like all day rain as opposed to short storms that pass. Our day was cloudy with heavy rains predicted- and it was a blessing! It kept the crowds to a minimum. It was cloudy for most of the day- and rained steady for about 2 hours. The cabana worked out great for that. We were in Wave village- right by the wave pool. The cabana was lovely, but the locker didn't work. The team member said they are having problems due to the wood expanding. They gave us a free locker in the general locker area. Luckily we were very close to them. But, it was a pain to have to go through the crowds to get at it. And it wasn't crowded that day! But the team members went over and above to check on us and make us comfortable. The server we had, Johana was amazing!!

We got to go on all the rides we wanted to with a minimal wait. We used Tapu Tapu- didn't need EP. They were refunding the EP to those who didn't need them. They were unable to link EP to our Tapu Tapu so they gave us paper EP. It was great to have a Tapu Tapu kiosk in the cabana- no walking to the ride to reserve a ride time.

It was a great day overall! The other days we were there we noticed signage that VB was at capacity so we were glad we went the day we did. Alot of cabanas were empty and the team members said that people weren't showing up and were getting refunds, but they were not renting them out that day- though t that was odd!

Any other questions, please ask!

Hi:) Thank you for your great review. It's nice to hear a good experience. I am glad you enjoyed it and had a great day. I will be there the end of July. We are planning two days at VB. One day we have premium seating the other a cabana in the wave village. I see you had a cabana by the wave pool. Do you remember what cabana number you had? If not do you remember how close to the wave pool? I am concerned on the wave village cabanas because I believe some of them are close to the I-4 connector and are loud. We have EP for both days so I guess we will see if we need it by then. We planned this trip heavily on visiting VB and I have been scared with the reviews. Hearing yours now and reading a few others I feel better. We are staying at CBBR.

In regards to the family tube slides I am hearing all about these weight issues coming up. We are a family of 4 2 adults and 2 teens. One is special needs and really is going to have a hard time if we are split up. Did you get a sense of other families of 4 what they did? I know some of the rafts hold up to 5 people.

I will check the locker as soon as I get in the cabana and make sure it works. How did the paper EP work? Did you have unlimited? I could see that being a problem with water rides.

Thank you for your help:goodvibes

We were not by I-4- we had one of 2 cabanas that were right on the beach by the wave pool. Yes- there were many cabanas that were in view of I-4. They were ones with 2 floors. The 1st floor had vegetation but the top floor would have a pretty direct view of I-4. We were a party of 3- I didn't see any parties of 4 that were split up and there were all sizes of people. I would ask a team member about that as with your special needs teen you wouldn't want to walk all the way up and have them separate you. They were very good to keep parties together and not to crowd other parties together on the rides. On the water coaster for example, there were single riders- they put them with a party of 2 (the vehicle holds 4 max) but left a seat in between. On the coaster, the seats have backs but your legs will touch each other. We had unlimited EP- that day they were unable to link it to our Tapu Tapu's so they gave us a paper version and we bought a plastic case to carry it, but they are meant to be linked to the Tapu Tapu

We have a cabana rented for this Friday. We are traveling with 2 other families. One of them also rented a cabana. Do you know if the same 6 people have to use the cabana all day? Or can we switch out and let our friends use it? It is ok as long as we have no more than 6 people in cabana at the same time? Thanks!

We have a cabana rented for this Friday. We are traveling with 2 other families. One of them also rented a cabana. Do you know if the same 6 people have to use the cabana all day? Or can we switch out and let our friends use it? It is ok as long as we have no more than 6 people in cabana at the same time? Thanks!

When we checked into the cabana it had a card with our last name on it. There is a team member assigned to you for drink/food service. She was there all day to check in with us. Also, concierge team members came by to check on us as well. They told us to use the rope to rope off the cabana when we're on the rides. So, I think they would definitely question if new people were there- mainly because they would think that they were using someone else's cabana. Our server knew our names. They are also wonderful and accommodating so I would ask the server when you check in if it would be ok to do that. Otherwise, I'm afraid if all new people were there they would question them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter