"Voices of Disney" January 2019 Exercise Thread

I am disappointed to say I must drop out of this month, life happens sometimes and its preventing me from participating, I will try again next month

We will miss you! Hope life settles down soon so you can join us again.

My favorite Disney movie of all time. I absolutely cannot wait for the live action, don't care if its a shot for shot remake either. Going to be AWESOME.

I can't wait to see it, either. I keep seeing previews at the movies, and it looks so good!

40 minutes for me, so I'm at 335/780 - still behind pace, but I expect I'll make some of it up shoveling snow Sunday. (We need a snowflake icon.)

The team total is 5,214, which is only 41 minutes from purple!! So get those minutes in this weekend, everyone! :cheer2:

And for today, we have one of my absolute favorites, Katherine Beaumont:

Nothing for the past 3 days (other than teaching, midterms, and a little bit of physical stuff kicking my butt) but I'll be back on track tomorrow! :D

The team has reached Proper Purple :figment: :cheer2: :figment: Way to go, everyone!! We're halfway there!

Today's voice is Owen Wilson, as Lightning McQueen in Cars.

True or false, Cars was basically Doc Hollywood for kids?

True, in my opinion.

Also in this guy's:
https://sweetmonkeypie.wordpress.com/2006/06/14/cars-vs-doc-hollywood-same-movie-or-what/

** Do click with care if kids might be reading over your shoulder. There is some grown-up language in the review.

40 minutes (most of it shoveling slush :sad2: ) since my last port = 375/780.

Today's voice is Peter O'Toole. Who did he play?

a) the narrator in Beauty & the Beast
b) Anton Ego in Ratatouille
c) "Sergeant" in Toy Story
d) "Captain" in Wall-E

b) Anton Ego in Ratatouille:

255 minutes since last check in - lots of time taking care of the horses plus some walking and weights

1635/1860

I haven't seen Cars or Doc Hollywood, so I couldn't answer that question. I have seen
Ratatouille (darn it, I did it again. Gave away the answer in my first draft. I might need to quit trying to answer these! so sorry!)
, but I still had no clue. I'm not doing so well on these trivia questions, but at least I'm learning something new!

Happy MLK day. Sadly, I have returned from WDW and as such have some minutes to report. My phone tracks how many kilometers I walk each week, so I used that to determine my minutes. I guess I average 3 miles an hour when walking, then I subtracted about 400 minutes from any kilometers that may have been added for slow moving rides or inching in lines.
So with that, I'm adding 1060 minutes.

1190/1000

:rainbow: Congratulations to sophy1996 and Twilight Sparkle on reaching Projecting Pink, and to Elizabeth Smith for being the first to reach Echo Green!!

Also thanks in large part to that Disney walking boost, the team as a whole has shot up to 6,744 minutes and 64%! That leaves us 1,139 minutes to go for team pink. :cheer2: (And if we can make that by Thursday night, we're right on pace to hit goal by the end of the month. :thumbsup2)

Today's voice is Phil Harris, who gave us Baloo in the Jungle Book, Thomas O'Malley in the Aristocats, and Little John in Robin Hood:

MV5BMjAwMTExODExNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjM2MDgyMTE@._V1_UX148_CR0,0,148,216_AL_.jpg
MV5BMTU1MzM0MjcxMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODQ0MzcxMTE@._V1_UX148_CR0,0,148,216_AL_.jpg
MV5BYjUwMzhkM2ItMTU2OC00OTQ5LWJlMDUtMzRmYjc0NDUyNGVhL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UX148_CR0,0,148,216_AL_.jpg

30 minutes for me after I posed yesterday, for 405/780 and Proper Purple!
:figment: And congrats to 2manypets on the same color change as well!!

Only 784 minutes to team pink! :cheer2:

Today's voice is Jodi Benson, a.k.a. Arial in The Little Mermaid and Barbie in Toy Story 3:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0072533/

She surprised a couple and sang at their wedding:

P.S. - Has anyone seen GrandAdmiralStrife around the boards?

@GrandAdmiralStrife, if you're out there, we hope you're OK!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter