"Voices of Disney" January 2019 Exercise Thread

Must be a busy weekend - where is everybody??
30 minutes for me (230/780) and congrats to Twilight Sparkle!! :cool1:

The team stands at 3,607 minutes and 33%.

Our voice today is Jim Cummings - who, in addition to playing Ray in The Princess and the Frog, has done a ton of voices for Disney films, cartoons, and video games: everything from famous characters like Winnie the Pooh and Tigger to something credited only as "Ridiculously Deep Voice" in The Penguins of Madagascar. :laughing:

Check out this link (even if you haven't clicked on a single other one): https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0191906/ to see his 543 credits (not all Disney). - It's a very fun list!!

20 new minutes for me, and the team total stands at 3,757!

Today's voice is John Ratzenberger - the only actor to voice a character in every single Pixar film:

https://ratzenberger.com/pixar-characters/

Pixar_Compilation_John_Ratzenberger.png

Before his Pixar days, you might have know him as:

a) the car on Knight Rider
b) Kevin's dad on The Wonder Years
c) a handyman on The Facts of Life
d) Cliff Clavin on Cheers

d) Cliff Clavin

In 1982, John accepted a writing assignment for CBS in Los Angeles. On the day he was scheduled to return to London, he auditioned for a role on the upcoming Cheers. At the time of his audition, the character of the postman did not exist. As he walked out of the room, he turned and asked the creators “Do you have a bar know-it-all?” They didn’t know what that was, so John gave them five minutes of improv, demonstrating exactly what it meant with the perfect Boston accent. They loved what they saw and Cliff Clavin was born.

A couple of other bits from his bio:

John created “Nuts Bolts and Thingamajigs”, a foundation that creates and funds manufacturing summer camps and scholarships nationwide – inspiring the next generation of inventors and entrepreneurs. The program took off and John eventually handed it over to the Fabricators and Manufacturers Association to run it. Here is it's web site ~ https://www.nutsandboltsfoundation.org/

He also has a book out - We’ve Got it Made in America, A Common Man’s Salute to an Uncommon Country, a collection of essays from his five years on the road visiting factory towns throughout the country on the Travel Channel show “John Ratzenberger’s Made in America.”

Sorry I’ve been such a stranger lately - having my son and his family living with us really takes up my day! I haven’t even had time to read through everyone’s posts But I’ve managed 120 minutes of various things since my last post! Walking, Nordic Trac (how I hate it but I force myself on cold days).

110 minutes since last check in - horses, weights, walking

1160/1860

Wow! That's pretty cool that
Cliff
is a Pixar veteran.

Edited because I initially gave away the trivia answer. So, so sorry if I spoiled it for anyone.

P.S. - In case people don't venture back to page one at all, here's how colorful it looks so far! -

Team Progress:

-----------------------------
PollyannaMom ~ 275/780
cmarsh31 ~ 210/620

sophy1996 ~ 670/1200
Twilight Sparkle ~ 1160/1860

Elizabeth Smith ~ 130/1000
DebiPT ~ 888/1000
BonnieF ~ 150/700
MikeNamez ~ 700/1400
scdak ~ goal: 500
GrandAdmiralStrife ~ 165/1200
2manypets ~ 321/750
-------------------------------------
Grand Total = 4,669/11,010 (42%)

I am disappointed to say I must drop out of this month, life happens sometimes and its preventing me from participating, I will try again next month

25 minutes for me today, mostly mini-trampoline, for 275/780.

And congrats to all our color-changers today!! -

.........:Pinkbounc DebiPT

.........:jumping3: BonnieF
.........:figment: MikeNamez

The team is going strong at 42% - only 836 minutes to purple! :cheer2:

Our voice today is Johnathan Taylor Thomas, as Simba:

View attachment 375782

My favorite Disney movie of all time. I absolutely cannot wait for the live action, don't care if its a shot for shot remake either. Going to be AWESOME.

Adding 35 for Tuesday

735/1400.

Stupid snow storm caused us to cancel NY this weekend, at least I'll be getting my exercise in... at home... i guess :( lol

30 minutes walking Tuesday, 30 more today- walking and weights (210/700).

MikeNamez- it’s a shame you had to cancel your trip. The city is lovely in the snow, but traveling is awful.

30 minutes walking Tuesday, 30 more today- walking and weights (210/700).

MikeNamez- it’s a shame you had to cancel your trip. The city is lovely in the snow, but traveling is awful.

I've never been either so was really looking forward to it. We were going to drive about half way from Rhode Island and then grab a train in CT on friday which wouldn't have been bad but the ride home Sunday would have been rough! Glass Half Full though, I can now watch my Patriots play in the AFC Championship game Sunday night.

I've never been either so was really looking forward to it. We were going to drive about half way from Rhode Island and then grab a train in CT on friday which wouldn't have been bad but the ride home Sunday would have been rough! Glass Half Full though, I can now watch my Patriots play in the AFC Championship game Sunday night.
Ohhh you lost me at the Patriots - lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!