• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VMK is history in One Man's Dream

Belle1997

I married a beast and found my prince
Well I was recently at WDW. Of course headed of to One's Man Dream at Hollywoods Studio. *think that is what it is called now they change it so often)

There it was. Behind a glass window. A laptop computer showing all the fun on VMK. People must have thought I was a little short of a brick being I took a pic of every page it showed.

There was our game VMK now in the archives of History, So close. I could see how to make a character, see the different scenes in fireworks. Take a trip down the jungle cruise and walk on main street.

I will never ever understand why disney closed VMK. But if it ever came back I would never put as much time into it again. Thanks to them I am enjoying many games, that I would never explored. Let it be know none of them are related to Disney. Which I think makes my hubby very happy :)

You know it is not VMK I miss it is the community we had. In someways it was so special. In almost a year nothing has come even close to it. Though I manage to pop into different games to see others. Nothing will ever replace the special bond we had with so many. From all around the globe.

Maybe someday Disney will get it. But I will not hold my breath.

Yeah, the community part of vmk is what I miss the most. Its a really strange thing to try to explain, but it was amazing to just be a part of it.
Next time I go to Disney World im going to go in there and put a rose next to the case, I think. It'd be pretty cool. Too bad we cant get alot of people to do that when they go...

Hey, Belle!

Good to see you here. I still visit this site a few times a week, but just to lurk. I feel the same way you do - I miss VMK and all of my friends. The only thing I don't miss is that rabid need to do everything and get everything. It almost became a compulsion! But we will always have our fond memories. I am considering a trip to WDW this summer, and am already looking forward to seeing the display you've described. Take care!

vmkinonemansdream-1.jpg

Wow, Belle, I was just coming over here to post this picture and create a thread for it.

The first time I saw it, I just stood there and cried, then called q, and told her about it. Yeah I got a lot of funny looks from people ~ but I am used to that!

It took me a while (months) to go back in there to take this picture. Poor Martydog did not want to go in there at all, but he was the one with the camera so I dragged him in there to take this picture!

Well I was recently at WDW. Of course headed of to One's Man Dream at Hollywoods Studio. *think that is what it is called now they change it so often)

There it was. Behind a glass window. A laptop computer showing all the fun on VMK. People must have thought I was a little short of a brick being I took a pic of every page it showed.

There was our game VMK now in the archives of History, So close. I could see how to make a character, see the different scenes in fireworks. Take a trip down the jungle cruise and walk on main street.

I will never ever understand why disney closed VMK. But if it ever came back I would never put as much time into it again. Thanks to them I am enjoying many games, that I would never explored. Let it be know none of them are related to Disney. Which I think makes my hubby very happy :)

You know it is not VMK I miss it is the community we had. In someways it was so special. In almost a year nothing has come even close to it. Though I manage to pop into different games to see others. Nothing will ever replace the special bond we had with so many. From all around the globe.

Maybe someday Disney will get it. But I will not hold my breath.

I miss building the rooms, it let my creativity flow.

WHAT!?! They did what? Oh my gosh, that makes me really mad. I mean, vmk deserves that spot there if you ask me. D23 doesn't, its just advertising.. its not even history. Well, I guess it kinda has some history in it, but still! Poor vmk :(

Oh, sorry, um... D23 is the official magazine for Disney fans. Its pretty expensive, and you can become a member on the D23 site... not that I feel like being one anymore. Gosh, I sure can hold a grudge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter