• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VMK closed earlier then was said?

DisIvyCo

DIS Veteran
I have no clue if this has been posted yet but i was watching a YouTube video about VMK closing being on the news.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE97bm1cPwU

If you watch that at the end it says the shut off date is September 30th?? Can someone explain that to me? Why did they say September and VMK closed earlier?? Hmm??

I'm sorry if someone has posted this :)

WEll there has been a lot of discussion over this lately... The cards that you got from WDW would say that they would expire September 30 so idk lol

I have no clue if this has been posted yet but i was watching a YouTube video about VMK closing being on the news.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE97bm1cPwU

If you watch that at the end it says the shut off date is September 30th?? Can someone explain that to me? Why did they say September and VMK closed earlier?? Hmm??

I'm sorry if someone has posted this :)

OT: I LOVE your signature! Yay for Joseph Adam Jonas! :love:

CUTEBUNNEH.gif

I think its just a news storying mixing up their facts unfortunately.

Wasnt sims online to end september 30th btw?

September 30th is the mysterious magical date that is on the terms and conditions of the VMK cards (and always has been). I have cards that say, "Redeemable through September 30, 2006 at vmk. com..... Later cards say September 30, 2007. Still later cards read September 30, 2008.

September 30, 2007 was the last day to redeem quests at WDW.

Obviously it's a date that linked to something VMK-related. I didn't play VMK in the VERY beginning. Was September 30th maybe when the first in-park quest came out?

I don't think the date was the "end," so much as the annual update from some starting point.

- Dreams

September 30th is the mysterious magical date that is on the terms and conditions of the VMK cards (and always has been). I have cards that say, "Redeemable through September 30, 2006 at vmk. com..... Later cards say September 30, 2007. Still later cards read September 30, 2008.

September 30, 2007 was the last day to redeem quests at WDW.

Obviously it's a date that linked to something VMK-related. I didn't play VMK in the VERY beginning. Was September 30th maybe when the first in-park quest came out?

I don't think the date was the "end," so much as the annual update from some starting point.

- Dreams

Disney's financial year runs from October 1st to September 30th. I would be willing to bet that this is the main reason for this date being chosen. Even though VMK was "free" to play, to Disney it was a cost that had to be paid for out of somebodies budget.

I miss VMK just as much as the next person, but you can't create a new VMK. It's impossible. Even if you do create a new VMK, it'll never be the same. It won't have our same friends, it won't be made by Disney, it won't have the same history. VMK is unique and can never be replaced. Maybe someday Disney will decide to re-open it, but until then the only place it can live on is in our hearts and memories.

~Liana :upsidedow

I wished they closed in September.

Just a little more time.......:sad1:

The card dates would explain my confusion last January. They cards actually expired in September 2007, and we were worried they wouldn't work considering it was already 2008... but they did. Not exactly sure why they did though.

Anyways, that's an interesting rumor. It would have been nice to have another vmk summer, wouldn't it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter