• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VLW in January

kphamous

Earning My Ears
WE booked to stay at VWL on the 1st of Jan '02 for 3 nights , one bedroom. We would like to know what weather is like. Can anyone recommend us about restaurant on site. Thank you.

Haven't visited in January, but I do know that your restaurant choices will be found next door at the Wilderness Lodge resort.

You have an upscale, gourmet restaurant in Artist Pointe. You have a family oriented, all you can eat type restaurant at Whispering Canyon. We enjoyed the food at both places, but our tastes run more to the family style of WC....we do like their BBQ!

There is also the snack bar on the first level called Roaring Forks. Usual hot dogs, nachos, sandwiches, chips, sodas, etc in a cafeteria style.

The weather can be nice or can be cool, especially at night. We went December 28 - January 2, 1996-97 with all of my husband's family. I had watched the weather the year before and based on it, thought I would be smart and buy each family matching Disney sweatshirts as Christmas presents. My presents were the biggest joke of the trip. We NEVER needed them! Everyone got a laugh at my expense but I think if I hadn't bought the sweatshirts, we would have needed them. :D You can search historical weather by going to: www.weatherunderground.com and putting in Orlando and the dates you are interested in. Have fun planning!

We were there in Jan 2000. It was very cold!!! They had record lows that week, in the 20's. However, I cannot imagine being anywhere else but the Wilderness Lodge (we were not members then and the villas were still in construction) in the winter. It somehow made the experience even more true to "theme", even though I hate the cold! My advice is to be prepared for anything. It was in the 70's the first day, and the cold front came in that night. We had to buy gloves and scarves and hats, but we were better off than most, having brought sweaters and jackets with us. Have fun!Sus:)

I went this past January (I think around the 15th). The weather was in the high 70's during the day and probably low 60's at night. We just changed into jeans and jackets during the evening. I love going in January. All the parks are deserted! We NEVER had more than a 10 minute wait at the most. The rides were usually walk on's or less than 5 minutes. It is a great time of year to go if you hate large crowds of people.

Gina

My family and I will be visiting The VWL in Jan. also. The week of the marathon. This will be our second stay there and we love it. If money is no object, then eat at the artist point. They serve wonderful foods. Also make sure to get a refillable mug at roaring forks. You'll recieve unlimited refills. As for the weather it can be anywhere from the 30's to the 80's. Make sure to keep and eye on the weather channel. Have a great time.:earseek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter