Viva Italia

MariaTia2

Mouseketeer
Hi - we are looking to book the Viva Italia trip in May. This is our first trip abroad and I am somewhat nervous. I have a few questions for those that have been - how is the train trip portion? What about the food and language barrier? Did you go anywhere else in Europe or did you fly straight to Rome and leave Venice? Did you have to take many elevators (claustrophic, here). How is the weather in late May?

Thanks so much!

I haven't taken that particular tour, but I have been to Italy and you will love it! The language barrier is really not a problem. Many people speak english. I haven't gone in May but the weather is similar to here. It will be spring. There is so much to see. I can't wait to take my dh and kids! I traveled all through northern Italy and into Switzerland. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will try my best to answer! princess:

Hi MariaTia2,

I have recently taken the Viva Italia trip and I think that if you look through these posts, you will find many details of our trip.

We have also done an indepth description of our trip for a podcast. It's broken into sections for easier listening and can be foun here:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-podcast/archives.htm#101006

You will also find photos from our trip here:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/pictures.htm

The traon ride from Florence to Venice is pretty cool. You get first class seats on the high speed Eurostar and the whole trip takes two - three hours. You travel through the Italian countryside and lunch is provided. It's very relaxing. It's a great chance to sit back and be mellow for a while. You might wanat to bring a book or game boy or something similar for younger kids.

The meals provided by ABD were all terrific. We made some "not so great" choices on our own, but that can be avoided by asking your Adventure guides for suggestions. If you have picky eaters...there was a McDonalds and a Subway in Rome and Venice. :rotfl:

Other than the elevators in our hotels, I can only remember one elevator and that was at the Colisseum. It was an all glass elevator and took you to the top level, but there were stairs right next to it.

We were there in September / October and the weather was in the 70s during the day and the 60s at night. To find the average temperature, I just went to Yahoo and typed in "weather in Rome in September".

If you have any other questions, this is the place to ask. If you have specific questions or need help booking your Adventure, I can be reached at ABD@wdwinfo.com..

Kevin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter