Viva Italia - which airports

Happy99

DIS Veteran
I am assuming that with this ABD you would fly into the Rome airport but where should we look into flights home from?

Thanks

Look at the FAQ section for this trip on the adventures website. This is the trip I want to do in 2011 and I was just looking at this morning and while I can't remember the city names, you do fly IN to one (FCO if I recall?) and then BACK HOME out of another (VCE - which I presume might be Venice).....it was listed on the website though!!

You fly into Rome and you leave from Venice. Venice is not a large airport and there are not many options for departure. My best friend, who went on this 3 months ago, opted to take the train from Venice back to Rome and then fly from Rome. She got much cheaper airfare doing it this way. There are several dissers who have taken this tour and hopefully they can share how they travelled for this tour.

You fly into Rome and you leave from Venice. Venice is not a large airport and there are not many options for departure. My best friend, who went on this 3 months ago, opted to take the train from Venice back to Rome and then fly from Rome. She got much cheaper airfare doing it this way. There are several dissers who have taken this tour and hopefully they can share how they travelled for this tour.

I've quoted a lot of people for this tour and have booked around 30 -- in almost every case, when looking at departures from Venice it's been less than$100 per person extra compared to traveling roundtrip from Rome. For a few people in July of 2009, the difference was $27.00 each. When you take into account the cost of the train to Rome (60 Euro or more), the transportation from the train to the airport (train is around 11 Euro per person and a taxi around 40), and the time involved (4.5 hours just from Venice to Rome), every one of them has opted to just pay the additional amount and fly from Venice.

That's not to say that there may be some great r/t rates into Rome -- it just didn't work out that way for the airports and dates that I was researching. Of course, in my fantasy world, I'd be taking the train all over Italy and never flying back at all. :)

Dotti

WE did the Viva Italia trip in September and flew into Rome, and out of Venice. We had no problems at all. It is pretty neat going to the Venice airport by boat. It seemed a fitting ending to a GREAT trip.

Thanks my TA has been on this ABD too and will be looking for airfare but I may want to look at using miles and that I have to do on my own. She was on vacation and didn't want to bother her with a silly question since our ABD is quite a ways away

Happy New Year everyone

Thanks my TA has been on this ABD too and will be looking for airfare but I may want to look at using miles and that I have to do on my own. She was on vacation and didn't want to bother her with a silly question since our ABD is quite a ways away

Happy New Year everyone

I wouldn't wait too long if you're using miles. I was able to book five out of six of us with FF miles for Bella Italia this coming June. However, even though I booked the flights in August, I waited one week to book two of my sons and ended up having to put them on a different flight home. All the "cheap seats" were already gone. They're happy -- they have a 36 hour layover in Paris so will be visiting cousins and probably partying all night. :)

Dotti

Happy New Year everyone

Mileage awards open up 331 days in advance, and since there are often only as little as four mileage saver award seats per flight, be prepared to book it 331 days in advance. The exception would be if you have status on an airline's frequent flyer program (American Airlines Platinum, Delta Medallion, etc.) in which there is wider availability and you can book much closer to departure.

Hi, we are flying to London on British Air first, spending a few days, then flying on to Rome, and returning back home by way of Venice-London-US.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter