• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Viva Italia information request

harmonium

Mouseketeer
Anyone have any information on the on/off double decker bus/archeo bus combination tickets - price and where to purchase at either the airport or near Bernini Bristol? I thought a double decker tour might be a nice low-key way for us to become familiar with Rome when we arrive (after depositing our baggage at Bernini Bristol). Any information you might have would be really helpful.

We recently returned from the Viva Italia trip. We did a pre-night in Rome and met up with our guides in the afternoon before the welcome dinner. At that time, they provided us with free passes for the double-deckers (I think it's called City Pass). We ended up not using them, but some on our tour did. Said it was very hot -- both up top and inside -- and they ended up re-visiting all the places we had already been on the tour. If you don't go in the heat of summer, it might be a good way to get the "lay of the land."

Thank you for your reply.

This wouldn't help us :(

We have a pre-day and arrive early the morning before the tour begins and wanted to deposit our belongings and hop on the bus and head out to the Appian Antica the next day - all before the tour begins.

After digging on the Internet some more, I found what we needed and am posting here in case anyone is interested.

To buy tix for the 110 open and/or Archeobus, go to:

http://www.trambusopen.com/

Make sure to select your desired language by clicking one of the flags in the upper right hand corner.

Having an issue with the site as it is hanging when we select buy but hopefully our TA can assist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter