Vistana Resort ???'s

maciec

AHHHH....Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?
Can anyone tell me what the shuttle bus service is like at Vistana? We are debating on whether or not to rent a car and this might seal the deal for us.

Also, I read once that 3rd floor units are bigger than other floors .... is this true?

What if I am not happy with the unit we get? How is mgmt about switching rooms?

Is location really important at Vistana or is any building a good building to request ... we check in on Sunday so I know that we are limited to certain sections .... how concerned should I really be with our condo location? There are 4 adults and my 1 yo daughter

I am booked at the Sheraton Vistana in Orlando and I called about the free shuttle in October. They told me they go back and forth 3 times in the morning and three times in the afternoon.

maciec: That kind of limited service would be a nightmare if you plan on taking a break during the day, especially with such a young child. If you plan on skipping breaks, check the times of these departures and see if that would fit in with your way of touring.

We stayed at the Vistana Resort in December and loved it. It was very close to Disney. Just two quick righthand turns (less than 5 min) and you were on Disney property. The large unit/separate bedrooms is very handy for families. Plus, the whirlpool tub was very nice after a long day.

I would highly recommend that you rent a car. I looked at the bus schedule and the times weren't great. I would be very hesitant to rely on bus transporation to the parks especially with a young child.

Please request a unit in the inside of the resort. The resort is on 535 and it's a busy/noisy road. We prefer upper floor units so we don't have anyone jumping on the ceiling. However, if you need an elevator, please make sure that your unit has one. Ours didn't - but it wasn't a problem for us.

The resort is very nice. Lots of playgrounds and great pools. There's a Bennigan's very close as well as Wendy's. Also, there's a grocery store (Publix?) on 535 near 192 that's comparable to most grocery stores. Don't go to the one at the shopping center near the WDW resort village - it's very expensive.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter