Visiting Old Key West for a few hours

goofy4wdw2

DIS Veteran
We’re staying at SSR next week for a resort only no park relaxing trip. We’ve never been to OKW. We’re wondering if it’s worth taking the boat over to check it out and maybe have a snack or meal. Any food options you really like? Are there things we can do there while not staying there? Do they have model rooms we can see?

It's a nice 30-40 minute boat ride, you need to take the SSR boat to The DS dock then get a boat to OKW.
There is a counter service, goods to go, near the boat dock, also Olivia's, a nice TS location, also near the boat dock.
No official room tours, but stop at the front desk and ask, often they will take you to one that in not occupied.

There is also a walking path between SSR and OKW, that goes along the water. It's a nice peaceful walk, although it is a bit long. You end up at the back side of OKW, and then have to walk across the resort (or catch the bus within OKW) to Olivia's.

When we stay at SSR, we will walk to OKW, eat breakfast or lunch at Olivia's and then take the boat back.

If you have the time, I would say it is well worth the trip. Nice boat road and Olivia's is a great place to eat. I personally love the grounds of Old Key West, so you may find somewhere new you want to stay. Have a great trip.

Once at OKW you can also rent bikes or surreys and ride around the property.

Does OKW still rent the surrey bikes? I thought they'd discontinued that-the last couple trips we haven't seen any. Maybe it was just that no one did it when we were there.

Does OKW still rent the surrey bikes? I thought they'd discontinued that-the last couple trips we haven't seen any. Maybe it was just that no one did it when we were there.

I was wondering the same thing as i didn't recall seeing any there the last time.....

Once at OKW you can also rent bikes or surreys and ride around the property.

Olivia's is probably the most underrated/unsung TS restaurant at WDW.
Really looking forward to our 1st OKW stay in August! :woohoo:Have a dinner ADR at Olivia’s, 1st time dining there! Will rent bikes to explore the property!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter