Visiting nurse while at Disney

cman

Mouseketeer
Our family has a trip planned 12/17 - 12/27.

My parents were planning on coming but my dad is dealing with some issues. He currently has a visiting nurse twice week come to the house to changes some bandages.

He'll need someone three times while we're at BWV to do the same.

I talked with the visiting nurse here and she wasn't sure if Medicare would cover it since being on vacation really doesn't qualify under the rules.

Honestly I'd be willing to pay out of pocket so that really isn't the issue.

What I need is any information on reliable\competent agencies in the Disney area.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Could you go to a clinic to have it done? Disney has a shuttle that goes to one, but it's for urgent care, I think.

Not really. He has mobility issues so I'm trying to make this as easy as possible on him.

I would be very careful with what you say to the nurse and/or the agency. Medicare requires that patients be homebound in order to pay for home care services. One of the rules of being homebound means that it takes a considerable and taxing effort to leave the home, and that you leave home infrequently for things such as doctor appointments. If someone is able to go on vacation to Disney World, they are not homebound. Again, please proceed cautiously. I would hate to see your father lose his services because he’s going on vacation. Disclaimer: I manage a home care agency that is Medicare certified.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter