Visa Pre Paid Gift Card Link to Magic Band?

bababear_50

DIS Veteran
I guess the rather large title says it all.
Can I link a Canadian Pre Paid Visa Gift Card to a Magic Band or add to my room expenses for charging.
Hugs Mel

That's a great question...responding so that I can follow when others reply...It would certainly be easier than having cash...which is how I would probably do it.

It would depend on the card some of them sometimes have hidden fess as well as restrictions on how they can be used.

I think the CIBC ones should work well. I'm hoping so anyway. Hopefully someone has done this and has answers.

You could also get some Disney gift cards at a local Disney Stores those apparently now work in WDW and you wouldn't have to worry about whether it would be accepted or not. I kind of view a credit gift card in the same way as cred/ debt card its not really a true credit card and doesn't have all of the perks tied to it. For example it's now policy amongst hotels in Toronto that guest need to have a valid credit card to check in because of a lot of fraud with rooms, unfortunately a debit card that is also a credit card don't work in that case and I would assume a crdt gift card wouldn't either.

I have purchased both a CIBC USD Prepaid VISA card and a Disney store gift card to use when we go to WDW next month. I didn't link the prepaid VISA to my Magic Band though, only my regular VISA card. We will be using mainly the prepaid VISA for additional meals/snacks (we have the QS plan) and souvenirs. I'll be bringing some USD cash as well....just in case. Hopefully there won't be any issues with using the prepaid VISA at WDW.

Thanks everyone for sharing your knowledge and information. I am going to take the gift card with me next trip and give it a try. I will have back-up funds so it's not a deal breaker.
Thanks for sharing
Hugs Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!