Visa gift cards

I don’t know but they have a service fee to purchase, so buying a bunch of small ones may not be cost effective.

Yes you can use them (they act like a credit or debit card) but I’m curious why you would want to since there is a fee to purchase them.

Really? Do they expire?
I dont think so they are green dot cards. The funny part is its cheaper to buy a new card than refill ine so thats what i do. When you call to acativate it tell them its just a giftcard so they dont send you another card

I don't see the point of paying extra to buy a Disney gift card. Most other threads on gift cards relate to the purchase at a reduced price or some other associated savings.

Visa gift cards are generally accepted anywhere Visa is accepted. That's typically why people get them. I could be wrong but it didn't appear the OP was asking about buying a Visa gift card to be used to buy a Disney gift card.

If someone is hesistant about just how much money they would actually spend at Disney a Disney gift card may not be the best because it locks them in to only Disney.

Obviously alternatively they could just use cash rather than convert to a Visa gift card. Also alternatively the OP could also have existing gift cards and just wondering if/where they could use them at Disney.

Paying an extra fee to buy any type of gift card doesn't make a lot of sense to me. OP needs to clarify the intent.
Then you've not had a visa gift card before, different reasons for different situations for different individuals. It's less like a gift card in the traditional sense. It's also possible they already have one. The OP just asked if visa gift cards could be used In WDW.

And several subsequent posters mentioned the fees to purchase a Visa gift card. That is what I was referring to.

Can Visa gift cards be used to pay for everything at WDW?
It's been a while, but I have used a Visa gift card at WDW. I don't recall any problems with doing so. It likely was used mainly for dining, but possibly small souvenirs as well.

Enjoy your vacation!

The thing about Visa gc's that I dislike is that you have to make the purchase for the exact amount on it or less, and the Disney cashiers told me that I could not cash out the extra. It means that you often lose a little of the money on it unless you buy something that costs exactly what the visa has on it without going over. That's one reason why I prefer regular gift cards. When I do get those prepaid visas--usually as rebates for tires etc--I use them to buy Disney gift cards where I can select the exact amount that's on the card. It bugs me to lose even a dollar, ha ha.

Edited to say: I just realized you may be getting the kind you can reload, so the above would not hold true in that case. The ones I get don't allow you to reload them.

The thing about Visa gc's that I dislike is that you have to make the purchase for the exact amount on it or less, and the Disney cashiers told me that I could not cash out the extra. It means that you often lose a little of the money on it unless you buy something that costs exactly what the visa has on it without going over. That's one reason why I prefer regular gift cards. When I do get those prepaid visas--usually as rebates for tires etc--I use them to buy Disney gift cards where I can select the exact amount that's on the card. It bugs me to lose even a dollar, ha ha.

Edited to say: I just realized you may be getting the kind you can reload, so the above would not hold true in that case. The ones I get don't allow you to reload them.

One way to use up remaining dollars and cents on Visa gift cards is to buy Amazon GCs with them, btw. You can buy one for any amount, and then just load it to your amazon account (assuming one shops at amazon).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!