VISA GIFT CARD QUESTION

I would try to convert it to a Disney GC if possible I've seen cast members refuse people with them if it doesn't cover the whole balance

I've only used them a time or two in parks, but without issue.
Also have used them to pay down my balance on MB charges art hotel front desk.

We used them with no issues.
We had a vanilla card and a green dot reloadable card.
We had our greendot card attached to our hotel, and charged everything to the room.
(Greendot card had our tax refund)
The vanilla card was used in gift shops.

I usually buy Disney gift cards throughout the year and save them up. But I was contemplating going another way this year. My thoughts were Disney cards can only be used for Disney but there are more places to use a Visa card. Nice to have that option.

I usually buy Disney gift cards throughout the year and save them up. But I was contemplating going another way this year. My thoughts were Disney cards can only be used for Disney but there are more places to use a Visa card. Nice to have that option.
I get not wrapping money up in Disney but I would keep cash in a checking or savings account over putting it on a Visa gift card. Especially if you aren't getting fee-free deals on the gift cards. Visa gc can be a pain to use. Gas stations, hotels, restaurants can all be problematic with their pre-authorization charges. If your gift card can't cover whatever their pre-authorization charge is it will be declined.

If you're trying to do this because you're inclined to spend what's in your checking and/or savings account then open a separate account at your bank, or at another bank, for your vacation fund cash.

Chase might be a good option psychologically because of the Disney debit card option. When you see the Disney character, get excited for your trip but put the money down because it's not for today :) (Also, benefits of the Disney Visa debit card might be handy on your trip. https://disneydebit.com/ )

Chase runs promotions for their checking accounts a few times a year, might want to wait until one comes around and then sign up if you're interested.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter