• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VISA 5x7 character photo

unclescroogefan

Mouseketeer
We are going to Dl & DCA next week. Does anyone have any info on the free photo. Can you do it everyday or only once per cardholder? Where exactly is the picture taken? Who is it with? etc?

My understanding is that it is limited to one free photo per visa account.

That being said, there were no obvious protections built into the system to prevent multiple uses. ;)

We were directed to Ariel's grotto for the meet & greet / photo. At the entrance, someone asked to see our visa card. We were then directed downstairs where there was Mickey, Goofy, a handler, and a photographer.

They asked to see the visa again and they took the photos. We were given a voucher that looks like a park ticket to take to the photo shop in two hours to choose our free photo.

At no time did they write down our name, card number, or anything that identified us. I would presume that they use the same staff whenever possible to reduce multiple photos, but it would be hard for them to catch on with the number of people they see.

We did get our free 5x7 with Mickey on 9-2-05. Yes they asked to see the visa both up and downstairs, no they did not write down the number or our name. No we did not make it back to try and get another photo. I must say it was very nice to get a free photo, but unfortunately our picture was a bit fuzzy. We do plan to get another photo if they offer it the next time we go. I will tell you they only do the free photo before 11:45 a.m. because they start the Princess lunch after that. I think it is worth the few minutes it takes.

We have gone many times to this photo opportunity. As said in other posts, they do not keep track of your card # or anything. Don't forget, it is 1 photo per card not account. So if you and your spouse have a card then you are entitled to 2 vouchers. They also do not care if you use it exactly on the picture being taken. There have been times when the picture did not turn out that well and they were happy to give us a different 5x7 that was taken that day in the park. Also, we saved our certificates that were not used and have used them on another day.

Yes, you can go each day of your trip. the only characters ever there are either Mickey and Goofy or Chip and Dale. You will be ale to meet either one of these pairs. I think they do it that because then not as many people will return numerous times to keep taking pictures of the same characters.

Most of the times we have gone no one else has been there so my daughter has had a lot of fun with the characters.

This promotion is supposed to run through Sept 06!!! (along with the free strollers)

Is the free character photo only for DISNEY visa holders? And does it really end in September? We're going in November and it sounds cool!

Yes, only for Disney's Visa holders and it ends Sept 2006.

laura&fam said:
Is the free character photo only for DISNEY visa holders? And does it really end in September? We're going in November and it sounds cool!

2006, not 2005.

Hi, everyone!
We had our picture taken at Ariel's Grotto this June on a Saturday morning.
They asked to see the VISA card (wish I had known we could have used both cards to get 2 pictures, but it was pretty new then) and directed us downstairs.
We were the only ones there, so we got a little private time with Mickey and Goofy, which was really nice.
Our picture is part of my signature, so you can see what it looks like.
Since we're from Florida and that was probably our only trip to DL (of course, that's what my DH thinks!), it was a great souvenier.
Enjoy!
Rose :)

When we were there in July, they asked me how many cards I had. I truthfully told them two (my personal account, and the joint account DH & I have), so they handed me two vouchers. They took two pictures, one of the family, one of our two DD's with Goofy. We also had a couple of pictures taken as we entered DCA that morning. When we went to check out the pictures, the one of the DD's was cute (tho' the way they posed everyone, there's a mural of Mickey on the wall, well, you can't see much of the mural, except our picture looks like Goofy has three hands!!!). Our family picture didn't look good, but the ones taken at the entrance did, so they let us have one of those for our second freebie (we decided to get the other entrance pic as an 8x10, so we paid for that one). I have read that they have the same offer at WDW, so we're going to check it out next year where we're there! :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter