Virtual Queue vs EP

jkid721133

Mouseketeer
Hey, UO newbie and considering a last minute trip since Disney was cancelled during our timeframe.

If we stay at a Premier and qualify for the Unlimited Express Pass, it is safe to assume that any ride that they are going to have a virtual queue for would not apply to us, and we could express pass right onto the ride?

When we had Express Passes last year and were able to still use that line. I don’t know how that applies to Hagrid’s though.

They have been changing things on the app the past few days for Hagrid’s. It went from closed to virtual line and now nothing is there. Sure wish they would make it express pass👍🏻

They have been changing things on the app the past few days for Hagrid’s. It went from closed to virtual line and now nothing is there. Sure wish they would make it express pass👍🏻

Hey there...looks like you have stayed at RP and HR. Any preference. Family of 5, kids are 14,11,8.

We are a family of 5 and have stayed at both - HR is closer, staying there in 3 weeks! Also my son loves pool slides and prefers the HR pool over RPR. Enjoy!

HRH is closer to the Studios, RPR is closer to IOA. Our kids preferred HRH when they were teens. RPR is my favorite.

Bumping. Booked at HRH. Is EP still able to be used for rides that have it, or do we need to do the virtual queue thing?

Ep is still valid for rides.

if VQ is listed for specific rides, download the ap to set up a time/date for the ride.
Ive read Hagrids has used the virtual lines on some dates from posters comments

Bumping. Booked at HRH. Is EP still able to be used for rides that have it, or do we need to do the virtual queue thing?

The only ride that currently does not have EP but does have virtual queue is Hagrid's. The only other rides that have used the VQ in the past are Fallon and Fast & Furious. However, I believe the VQ went away from F&F. Both F&F and Fallon take EP. So, Hagrid's is the only attraction on which you could not use your EP and you would have to use VQ, as it currently stands. Don't know what will happen if/when Bourne opens.

I'm not sure I'm clear on this either. The other day, Mummy, Gringott's, Forbidden Journey and King Kong all had VQs in place. Can the express pass line still be used on those rides when they are using the VQ system?

I know Hagrid's is a different animal because there is no EP in place for that yet.

I'm not sure I'm clear on this either. The other day, Mummy, Gringott's, Forbidden Journey and King Kong all had VQs in place. Can the express pass line still be used on those rides when they are using the VQ system?

I know Hagrid's is a different animal because there is no EP in place for that yet.
Yes, EP can still be used when a ride also has a VQ (except Hagrid's since Hagrid's does not accept EP).

So how does EP intersect with VQ?

If there’s a VQ, does the EP get you an earlier time on the ride in the VQ? Or does the EP mean you can get in line immediately with the others who were called back for their VQ spot?

If there’s a VQ, does the EP get you an earlier time on the ride in the VQ? Or does the EP mean you can get in line immediately with the others who were called back for their VQ spot?
If you have EP, you don't have to worry about the VQ. You just get in the EP line and don't worry about the VQ. The only ride is Hagrid's-you need a VQ because it does not take EP

EP has a whole separate line on rides that have it. The standby line and the EP line don't merge at any point, which differs from WDW and FP+.

ETA: I should clarify that they merge right before boarding on some rides (MIB, Simpsons, FJ), but other rides (Mummy, Gringotts) keep a separate line all the way through. The ones that merge right before boarding are literally seconds before you walk up to a TM to be placed in in a ride queue. WDW FP+ lines generally merge much earlier than that which can still result in a brief wait.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter