Virtual Queue ?’s

Wubeachbum

Earning My Ears
We are visiting Universal for the first time next week and would greatly appreciate some tips and clarifications. I just need a vacation. We are WDW AP and FP masters. There are 2 adults, two children, and a 2 year old. How long after entering can you join a VQ? Can you join more than one at a time? Can you split your party, I.e. two in each queue? We plan to join the major attraction VQ first. Any tips or pointers!!!!

All info and opinions are greatly appreciated

At the moment it's not 100% certain how their VQ's are going to work as they've never had this number of rides on VQ.

Prior to shut down, they had 2 rides use VQ - Fallon and Fast & Furious. You could get a VQ time on the app by going to the ride, selecting a time and number of guests (if there are slots available) and then you return to the ride at that time. In terms of splitting your party, it's based on the phone/app. So if you wanted to split things up like you are describing, you would just do 2 different reservations on 2 different phones.

You had to be in the park at the time in order to get a slot.

Now with so many rides having VQ added, it's not certain if you can book them all at once and in parallel, or if you will only be able to do one at a time.

I'd wait for reports to come out once they open the park to the public.

Have there been any discussions about child swap? I normally greatly prefer Universals child swap, but wasn’t sure if it would operate the same now.

Thank you for the replies. I am bumping this up now that more people are visiting. Additionally, when can you join a virtual queue (9:00 or 8:00)? Where do you have to be (in the parkour city walk)? Can each sign-in have separate VQ or is it by tickets/party? Any info is greatly appreciated.

I feel like a FP+ master, but know nothing about about the VQ system at Universal. I've never bothered using the VQ for Fallon and have avoided Fast and Furious.

Keep those experience reports, tips and tricks coming!

Please and thank you :D

I was in the parks June 3-4 and the virtual lines in the app hardly ever worked. You can start requesting virtual lines right at 9 am (or park opening time). Even when time options popped up, when I click Reserve this time, I received an message that said Sorry, this time was not available. On Thursday, Universal actually removed several virtual lines from rides because the system kept crashing. In 2 days, we were only able to secure 2 virtual lines yet many rides were virtual only. If this remains the norm, we’re not coming back without Express Pass.

After having watched multiple vlogs today, and getting excited about our trip in TWO WEEKS (!), that is a takeaway I got from so many of them-the virtual queue app isn't working well. I know I heard they release other times throughout the day, but getting one for the popular rides was really difficult, and once a ride queue surpassed about a 30 minute wait, the virtual line was all that was available. I hope Universal IT gets right on this and works out the kinks before we get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter