Virtual line stupid question

Anna Chassereau

DIS Veteran
Do you have to be in the park you want to make the virtual line reservation for? Or could I be in Universal Studios and make a virtual line reservation for a ride in Islands of Adventure?

And to piggy back, do you have to physically be in the park or can you get a VQ while waiting in line to get into the park? Thanks!

Do you have to be in the park you want to make the virtual line reservation for? Or could I be in Universal Studios and make a virtual line reservation for a ride in Islands of Adventure?
And to piggy back, do you have to physically be in the park or can you get a VQ while waiting in line to get into the park? Thanks!

A vlogger I've just watched on YouTube said you're able to reserve only once in the park as there was issues on opening day where an error message was showing saying they could only reserve once they'd scanned in which they had.
Also, even once it looks like all virtual queues have sold out, keep refreshing throughout the day as a lot for hagrids and forbidden journey appeared later in the day

Check the UP website as it explains virtual line booking

I’m using my iPhone and have a glitch so can’t cut and paste the answer to you from it.

I have done it now, and yes you can get it from anywhere on property (the other park, city walk, I even got a VQ for Hagrids from my room at HRH.

I have done it now, and yes you can get it from anywhere on property (the other park, city walk, I even got a VQ for Hagrids from my room at HRH.

This has been my same experience as well. And to add what another poster said, keep checking often, slots kept opening all day. One other thing I learned yesterday, you cant have 2 VQ that overlap any time. For instance, I had a fast and furious from like 240-320 and a hagrids popped up from 315-400 (I cant remember the exact times so bare with me, I just remember they barely overlapped). Anyways, I had to cancel my FF to grab the Hagrids

It looks like your questions have been answered but I have another important one.

What time do the reservations starts opening? I read that often the virtual spots for Hagrid’s are all gone by the time the park opens. If the parks open at 9 AM when can you start reserving virtual spots? Is there a specific time in the early morning like for fast passes at Disney World?

I did it for three days and it varied. It was between 8:35 and 8:45. The two most recent days it was 8:45ish, but not an exact time.

Also more opened later in the day. At lunch I got one for 3:30. there were plenty available later in the day, even though the morning ones go fast, the later drops aren't scooped up as fast (I don't know what time the later drops happen, but frequently)

If you don't get a Hagrids VP in the morning, don't worry, they release more throughout the day. We were there during the week and rode Hagrids 3 x's one day because they kept releasing passes. There were several other rides that were VP but no times were listed because the wait was so short. We also noticed that wait times were exaggerated. Gringotts said 40 min, but we waited 20.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!