Virtual Line and Express Pass

jnncooke

Mouseketeer
Hello all!
We will be at Universal from 11/25-11/27. We are staying at Hard Rock and will have express pass for all 3 days. It has been a few years since we have been. Is the virtual line option useful? How does it work with Express Pass? Is it still just the two Harry Potter rides that won’t accept Express Pass?
Thanks in advance!

The one Potter ride does not have express. When times are busy, the only way to get in line for Hagrids is by virtual line on your USO app. Many have been successful with getting that virtual pass on the app while inside the hotels. Only one person needs to get the pass, as you can put a number of people on the one who has it in his app. I found during the early entry, it is standby. If you want to ride with lowest line wait, I would be one of the first to enter during early entry.

I will say, they do refresh the available virtual passes, so if you don’t get, try often.

Lines for the other three Potter rides do have an express line, as well does the train. So you can use your hotel express pass to shorten you wait times on those 4 rides.

Hagrid: Only virtual, no EP option best bet is early park entry and go straight to line before virtual is only option. Forbidden Journey & Gringott's: EP (they did not offer it when they first opened)
Start checking and refreshing app about 30 min before official park opening to snag a virtual line time for Hagrid, then you can keep checking throughout the day on the hour and half-hour especially afternoons to snag evening times. It will be busy, other rides may go virtual only like the Mummy and Gringott's, but EP may still get you in those attractions even if sent to virtual. It is mainly to reduce the size of the queue for social distancing.

We are over at RPR over the same 3 days you will be there. As others have said, Express Pass is good on everything BUT Hagrid's. Our solution is to enter the parks at Early Open (7am) and go straight to Hagrid's first so we don't have to bother with the need for virtual queues as I doubt they will utilize it first thing in the morning. Then we can enjoy Express Passes the rest of the day to keep wait times shorter and more manageable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter