Virgin Holidays - Linking Booking Ref to MDE

asp205

Earning My Ears
Hi all! My wife and I have just booked our first ever trip to Disney World! We booked our holiday last weekend (the bank holiday weekend) for the end of September for 10 nights. So it's all a bit last minute, which means a bit of a rush to get everything ready and packed!

We booked the holiday from Virgin Holidays and paid for it all in full. It's now been a week and we are still not able to link our Virgin Holidays booking reference (7 digits) to MDE to link our hotel and get the park tickets in place so that we can plan an itinerary for our trip. From what I can see online, people have been able to use their Virgin Hols booking ref without any issues. However, what I've noticed is that if we try and do this on the phone app, MDE won't let us continue - it seems to want a minimum of 8 digits to even let us submit the link request. If we try on the website, it comes back with a "Your reservation cannot be located as entered".

I was just wondering if anyone else has come across this issue before? If so, are we entering the wrong reference number? Or is it a case of us having to wait longer to be able to link the two together on the website? I'm not sure at what point we would need to contact Virgin or Disney. We're starting to get a little bit stressed that we're going away so soon and not yet able to get MDE working.

Any assistance to put our minds at ease would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Typically, just after posting this I found out that my wife just got in touch with Virgin Holidays who gave her a booking ref for our hotel (different to the holiday ref) which we have been able to use to successfully link our reservations and park tickets to the app!

Hope this is of use to anyone else that may be in a similar situation down the road.

Was just about to say you would need the hotel reservation number to link it.
Glad you got sorted, enjoy your trip, we just flew Virgin home on Friday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter