Virgin flight seating plans

Elaine Guidi

Elaine
Some time ago I saw a thread about the seating plan on Virgin flights. It included a Web page address where you could input your flight number and it would show you the plan eg 3-4-3 etc. Can anyone help as I am nearing 6 months prior to flight and would like to try to pre-book seats. We fly from Gatwick Feb 03 11:15.

TYIA

on virgin you cannot actually book your seats prior to departure

all you can do is make a seat "request" and they will do their best

I phoned Virgin to reserve/pre book my seats and they have booked them and told me my seat numbers for both outbound and inbound flights..

Originally posted by Tony Bush
I phoned Virgin to reserve/pre book my seats and they have booked them and told me my seat numbers for both outbound and inbound flights..

which number did you ring tony?

Previously when we've flown with Virgin we'd been told that the seating 'request' was just that - a request - and that there was no guarantee that you'd actually get the seats you'd asked for.

I have also been behind people in the Virgin check-in queue who have stood their ground and got a change of seats to ones which had already been 'requested' by someone else just because they fancied sitting somewhere different! So it seemed that the request excercise was a bit of a lottery.

This time however, when I rang to request our seats for October, I specifically asked about the chances of getting the seats we'd asked for and was told that those seats are definitely ours unless there is an unforseen change of aircraft / cancellation of flight or something similarly drastic! We shall see............

I phoned up six months in advance and was given seat numbers but we didn't get them. It didn't really matter to me because we did get a window seat which was what I'd wanted anyway. Had I wanted particular seats then I would not have been happy as I had been under the impression that we had reserved those seats.
Tracy

I "prebooked" my seats for my Virgin flight last March and was given seats numbers for both our return flights. We were 2 adults and 2 children so we wanted the four seats in the centre together. When we checked in however we were given two seats by a window and two seats behind. I protested and side that we had wanted to sit together. But was told that our "prebooked" seats were taken, (even though we checked in two hours before the flight) and that their computer considered the two infront and two behind seating arrangement as being "together"! I was not at all impressed with how they dealt with my complaint. :mad:

Yes, it is only a request and not a booking.

I think that booking seats is probably the best way to ensure that you get your group sat together (or very near each other), but don't have your heart sat on particular seats or seating configuration. If you don't request seats, then you may end of sitting apart (Britainia - although I haven't flown then in a LONG time - used to seem very bad at this: no matter how early this couple would check in, they would have difficulty seating us together - even on our honeymoon!).

The best way to try to get the seats which you want (exit rows, bulkheads, four across the middle of the plain etc.etc.) is to check-in early: 3 or more hours in advance (2 hours in advance is only required check-in time, not checking in early).

Will be interested to see if I get my "assigned" seats this Saturday (although I am not bothered exactly which seats - just window and aisle together :-)).

Boo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter