virgin bookings affected by Corona

WelshMorgan92

Mouseketeer
hi, hope everyone is well!

has anyone had a booking affected? I have one set for April 20th that I'm expecting to be cancelled but wondering if anyone has gone through the process yet?

stay safe

This isn't any immediate help to the Virgin part of your question, but we are in Seminole County and just got a call from the school saying all schools and universities will remain closed through April 15th. They are going to make a decision on events (we have a senior so there's prom, graduation, grad bash etc between mid April and early May) within a week. From little hints that have slipped out in the stream of correspondence over the last week, we are pretty much prepared for everything for the rest of the school year to be canceled. Our friends in Volusia County got the same email earlier today and so have other counties. Since this is on the Governer's 'guidance' we can probably expect it will be state-wide. I suspect whatever they go with in the next decision will be a fair indication on where we are at that time. So sorry you are in this situation. It totally sucks :(

This isn't any immediate help to the Virgin part of your question, but we are in Seminole County and just got a call from the school saying all schools and universities will remain closed through April 15th. They are going to make a decision on events (we have a senior so there's prom, graduation, grad bash etc between mid April and early May) within a week. From little hints that have slipped out in the stream of correspondence over the last week, we are pretty much prepared for everything for the rest of the school year to be canceled. Our friends in Volusia County got the same email earlier today and so have other counties. Since this is on the Governer's 'guidance' we can probably expect it will be state-wide. I suspect whatever they go with in the next decision will be a fair indication on where we are at that time. So sorry you are in this situation. It totally sucks :(

thank you very much for taking the time to respond! Hopefully Disney do close and I will get refunded.

I'm sorry your kids will miss out on such big life events! Hope that you all stay safe and healthy :)

Thank you. I guess no matter where we are or what we planned, we all just have to sit and wait. I freaking hate waiting lol

hi, hope everyone is well!

has anyone had a booking affected? I have one set for April 20th that I'm expecting to be cancelled but wondering if anyone has gone through the process yet?

stay safe
Have you heard anything from Virgin? It is so tempting to ‘jump’ and cancel but I think that makes refunds and insurance much more complicated. We have a trip planned for 1 July. Everything booked separately. Flights with BA, WDW hotels (luckily) through a US TA and we have APs. Thinking of rebooking flights to the end of August but they are twice the price of what we originally paid and even worse during October half term and Christmas.
Good luck and stay well.

I haven’t brought flight for my holiday and will just cancel this years holiday and lose the deposit book later for next year

I haven’t brought flight for my holiday and will just cancel this years holiday and lose the deposit book later for next year
I would check with Disney first to ask if you could transfer your deposit to next year? Worth a phone call or email?

I would check with Disney first to ask if you could transfer your deposit to next year? Worth a phone call or email?
I will do that but I don't think holidays are going ahead this year, I have a September Disney trip and a cruise with my sister in October

Why do you say holidays aren't going ahead? thats the only thing thats keeping us going-like OP we were due to go April, so when we realised thats gone boobs-up, we kept our spirits up by planning a 2 centre holiday on the West Coast for the back end of the year-don't tell me Virgin are not going to be able to fulfil that either!

Why do you say holidays aren't going ahead? thats the only thing thats keeping us going-like OP we were due to go April, so when we realised thats gone boobs-up, we kept our spirits up by planning a 2 centre holiday on the West Coast for the back end of the year-don't tell me Virgin are not going to be able to fulfil that either!

I think back end of the year should be fine! (as long as virgin don't go bust!)

Haven't heard anything from VH yet, their website says anyone with a trip after the 17th of April shouldn't call but with disney all but closed I expect an email with a cancellation any day now.

I think back end of the year should be fine! (as long as virgin don't go bust!)

Haven't heard anything from VH yet, their website says anyone with a trip after the 17th of April shouldn't call but with disney all but closed I expect an email with a cancellation any day now.
There just seems to be so many hurdles.. resorts need to reopen, parks needs to open, airlines need to be financially sound and reinstate routes, US borders need to be open, Estas need to be reissued, FCO needs to lift Advisories, insurers need to not exclude cover etc.
This year’s holiday may be a bag of chips at Barry Island for you and me😂.

There just seems to be so many hurdles.. resorts need to reopen, parks needs to open, airlines need to be financially sound and reinstate routes, US borders need to be open, Estas need to be reissued, FCO needs to lift Advisories, insurers need to not exclude cover etc.
This year’s holiday may be a bag of chips at Barry Island for you and me😂.

log flume is splash mountain-ish if you close your eyes haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!