VIP Tour thoughts needed

Tigger in a kilt

DIS Veteran
We are going to DLP for Christmas. I’m considering booking the VIP Tour one day, to help deal with the crowds and give us decent seating for the parades and fireworks. I was also interested to do the standard tour, but presumably our guide can give us that info.

I’m concerned that it will be constraining and/or feel weird and intrusive to have someone with us.

Boxing Day appears to be the busiest day while we are there, so presumably that would be the best day to do the tour?

I have had a quote from them, so now I’m just trying to decide whether or not to do it. Any thoughts are welcome. Thank you.

We are going to DLP for Christmas. I’m considering booking the VIP Tour one day, to help deal with the crowds and give us decent seating for the parades and fireworks. I was also interested to do the standard tour, but presumably our guide can give us that info.

I’m concerned that it will be constraining and/or feel weird and intrusive to have someone with us.

Boxing Day appears to be the busiest day while we are there, so presumably that would be the best day to do the tour?

I have had a quote from them, so now I’m just trying to decide whether or not to do it. Any thoughts are welcome. Thank you.
Well, how much is it?

It’s within our budget. I’m really not trying to be coy - the prices are on DLP’s website if you are interested, so it’s not a secret - but I’m not asking whether it is worth the money, more asking for people’s experiences and whether it is a good thing to do.

I've never done a VIP tour, so I cannot judge. If you want experiences on how it's like to travel with a tour guide, I would suggest to go to the WDW board 'Theme park attractions and strategies' and use the search term 'vip' in the search engine (click titles only), as there aren't a lot of people doing VIP tours in Disneyland Paris. I'm judging this by how often I see people in the VIP places for the parades & fireworks. The fireworks spot is empty most of the time and the parade spot occasionally has one or two families in it.

That being said, I think if you are going to do it, Christmas time is the best time to do so! And doing it on the busiest day of your trip, is a good idea. Another idea is, depending on how many days you have, you could go for the first or the last day. FIrst day to make sure you saw it all, last day to have a big bang at the end. I personally would be hesitant to do it at the beginning of the trip, as I would get used to having no lines :P

For doing the regular tour, I did it about 10 years ago, and I did really enjoy it, but I think you are right if you are a Disney Parks lover you might know a lot already and your guide can fill you in on some DLP specific stuff. For example the information about how Main Street USA is build, with the false perspective etc, is the same on any tour, whether it's Disneyland Anaheim or Disney World. But our castle is of course a whole different castle than the ones in the US.

If you have the money, go for it!

Last edited:

I was in DLP for Christmas 2013. I looked into doing the the standard tour as I was with my mum. However when I checked at Town Hall the English Language one wasnt on during our days in the park. That would be my only concern with planning to do a tour.

Last week I was across the street from the VIP part of the parade (it's across the Infinity space), the people there got drinks and snacks, but I'm not sure about the location, it's in between an area where there are no spectators and the castle stage, so the dancers are more focused to the people across the street

Yes, it is a bit of a weird spot for the parade. As the floats have to make two curves right after each other, so the floats come really really close by the VIP spot. Great for interaction with dancers, but as some of the floats have the characters quite high, (like Minnie on the first float, or Peter Pan / Hook on their float), you miss out on them.

I think it used to be at the beginning of the parade route, next to the wheelchair section near Small World. But during the Xmas season I also saw them opposite the Infinity space, next to the castle stage. It was raining and they got umbrella's, snacks and drinks. Although officially closed off, they also let the kids play near the wishing well.

This is all really helpful - thank you all very much!

I think I may need to ask for some more information from Disney about parade seating, as I don’t want to end up with a bad view.

This is all really helpful - thank you all very much!

I think I may need to ask for some more information from Disney about parade seating, as I don’t want to end up with a bad view.

I don't thnk it's a bad view, but it's very up close. You will have space to move around (depending on how many people show up ;-)
This video is from the Infinity AP spot, and on the other side you see what me and Olaflover were talking about. They rope off an area in front of the little wall (and the wishing well in the back)

I haven't done it at DLP, but have at wdw. If I could be of any help feel free to message me any questions about our experience!

I don't thnk it's a bad view, but it's very up close. You will have space to move around (depending on how many people show up ;-)
This video is from the Infinity AP spot, and on the other side you see what me and Olaflover were talking about. They rope off an area in front of the little wall (and the wishing well in the back)

And another one I missed. I do apologise, Karin, and am very grateful for your help! It is definitely very close, but I think it will be ok. Having said that, we are now thinking about buying Infinity Passes, so either way we should be out the worst of the scrum. Thank you again for all of your help!

I haven't done it at DLP, but have at wdw. If I could be of any help feel free to message me any questions about our experience!
That’s very kind, thank you. I’m so sorry for the delay in replying, but I will message you now. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter