VIP Tour Guide Tipping

twinmom13

Registered
How much do you tip a Disney VIP Tour Guide? I am wondering specifically about tipping guides for (1) the Private VIP Tour and (2) the Ultimate Disney Classics VIP Tour. I would particularly appreciate hearing from people who have recently taken the tours.

I have read every post I can find on the topic, but they are all either really old (and maybe out of date) or wildly inconsistent. For example, I have seen people say they have tipped the Private VIP Tour guide anything from $100 to 20%. The Private VIP Tour costs $425 to $625 per hour with a 7 hour minimum, so a 20% tip would be at least $600 and maybe quite a bit more. I asked a former CM and she suggested 10%.

I have also seen people say not to tip the Ultimate Disney Classics VIP Tour guide, but again those comments were really old and possibly out of date. If you do tip, how do you handle more than one guide? I understand there are usually at least two, and maybe more if it is a big group.

I am not trying to start a debate on tipping in general -- I am perfectly happy to tip the guides, I just want to know what is typical! Thank you in advance for your input.

Last edited:
I just did a private VIP tour in September. I tipped 15%. The tour was over Labor Day so rates were higher.

I agree there were mixed responses previously so I just tipped what I thought was appropriate.

I don't know if you will get any consensus about what is normal. We did a VIP Tour at Universal last month. I tipped about 20%. I tipped on my AP discounted value, when I meant to tip on the full amount. They don't make great wages, maybe minimum hourly, and might be taxed as a tipped position, like wait staff.

Thank you both so much!

Does anyone have input on tipping the guides for the Ultimate Disney Classics VIP Tour?

We have done several private VIP tours at WDW. Usually tip around 15%-20%. Yes it adds up quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter