VIP PRIVATE TOUR

sanderella

Earning My Ears
Has anyone done the VIP Private tour recently? Just wondering what your opinion is and what your experience was like? Would you recommend for a family of 7 and would you do it again? Pricing.... 3099.00 for 5 and each additional person is 350.00 or 375.00? We have 5 adults, 1 15 yr old, and 1 5 yr old going in Nov for one day. We want to do as much as possible so it's not necessary to spend more than one day at Universal. Thank you for any input, Sandy

If you don’t get replies right away, hopefully you will this week

In the meantime, use the search button in the upper right hand corner of the page and you will find a couple of decent posts from last year that might help you

The reports were very positive for the day VIP private tours

Hi! I did the VIP Tour (not private, as there were only two of us) last October with a friend. I'd highly recommend it! I'm not a huge Universal fan (I'm holding a grudge over Jaws, which was my favorite ride anywhere when I was 10), but the tour was a fantastic experience that I would say is absolutely worth the money. We were able to do nearly all of both parks in one day, and our tour guide was great. We saw some fun behind the scenes things, jumped to the actual front of every line, and really bonded with our tour-mates! As a Disney for life kind of gal, it gave me a Universal experience that I will also treasure as a memory.

I'd offer two minor "warnings" about it, since you're working on a decision. First, as someone with a lot of food allergies/dietary restrictions, I found the lunch that was included to be problematic. At Disney, I am used to converting a quick service credit to two snacks with some regularity, but this was not an option. I had GREAT tour-mates though, and they were happy to trade me a snack for a meal. This is probably a rare problem to come up against, but I do feel it is worth mentioning. The other thing I'd keep in mind is that with a great tour guide, the tour can go as late as 6pm. The day we were there, the parks closed at 7, so we didn't really have time to do much that wasn't a part of the tour. This is a pretty minor drawback, in my opinion, because there is very little that isn't included on the tour, but if you were hoping to spend time in, say, the Dr. Seuss area, or see some of the shows, I'd recommend choosing a day with longer hours!

I don't think you'd go wrong with the tour. In fact, it's probably the only way I'll do Universal going forward! (like I said, I'm not the BIGGEST fan, but I was definitely pleasantly surprised!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!