VIP for Aulani Luau

The luau lasts until 8:30. We just went Tuesday had VIP front row seats. Dinner is served at 6:30 and the show about 7:40.
How did you get your seats assigned to you?
Were you first in line or were they preassigned to you?
Thank you

Can you use Disney gift cards to pay for this VIP luau and any other dining at Aulani?

For us, it was really worth it! Fantastic seating, early entry that made doing the activities very easy. No crowds or lines waiting. Plus, first up at the buffet tables. All very nice.

You can definitely pay for dinning with gift card, but I’m not sure about the Lu’au. Our receipt for the Lu’au was not from Aulani, it was from Pleasant Activities.

Quick question in regard to the show it self....is it comparable to or better than the Lu'au's offered elsewhere?

I know it's only $40.00 more for VIP, but is it worth the upgrade vs general admission?
I wouldn’t go to Disney’s Luau. There are others that are much better run. The kids run around tasting the food, then replace it back on the buffet. We saw so many doing that and no one said anything. The food lines are very long and you spend much of your time waiting. Not very relaxing at all.

I wouldn’t go to Disney’s Luau. There are others that are much better run. The kids run around tasting the food, then replace it back on the buffet. We saw so many doing that and no one said anything. The food lines are very long and you spend much of your time waiting. Not very relaxing at all.
Which would you recommend?

Quick question in regard to the show it self....is it comparable to or better than the Lu'au's offered elsewhere?
Disney's is very different from others, in some ways better in some ways worse. If you haven't already done so, search for the word "luau" and you will find several threads comparing the options, price, food etc to help with your decision.

We went last December - buying a last minute regular ticket the day of. We were placed in the very back group of tables. I thought the actual performance itself was fine/enjoyable even from the worst table in the house. The food, however, was frustrating waiting for everyone else to eat first. By the time we were ready for second helpings, they were already removing the food. It felt rushed.

As for the quality of the show - It is well done and very Disney-esque. Although, if you've seen Polynesian dancers elsewhere (South pacific islands, Maori in New Zealand, etc) this doesn't offer up anything worth an extreme premium. Enjoyable experience, but I'm not sure it is worth the $$ if you've had similar experiences elsewhere. For a first timer I'm sure it is a fantastic value!

I’ve been to Hawaii over 30 times. The Disney luau is the most culturally respectful of any paid luau I’ve been to.

Yes the line is long if you go for salad first. While everyone is waiting for salad we go to the meat line first and get our pick of the good stuff.

I’ve been to Hawaii over 30 times. The Disney luau is the most culturally respectful of any paid luau I’ve been to.

Yes the line is long if you go for salad first. While everyone is waiting for salad we go to the meat line first and get our pick of the good stuff.

P.S. I’m talking about the Aulani luau. The Disney Polynesian luau is not very culturally respectful.

I agree - the Disney luau is well done. I’m just comparing to similar cultural experiences at the history museum in Auckland NZ or Polynesian fire dancers in Vanuatu. Equal experiences for less money. Doesn’t mean the Disney experience isn’t fantastic. I’d recommend it to someone who hasn’t experienced anything similar.
For the dinner, I was referring to something different. They let the tables go in groups, and if you are literally the last group...you have zero access to food for a long time. The first group is going back for seconds before you even have initial access. Perhaps that makes VIP worth it alone? I was in the last group and it wasn’t a great food experience.

I agree - the Disney luau is well done. I’m just comparing to similar cultural experiences at the history museum in Auckland NZ or Polynesian fire dancers in Vanuatu. Equal experiences for less money. Doesn’t mean the Disney experience isn’t fantastic. I’d recommend it to someone who hasn’t experienced anything similar.
For the dinner, I was referring to something different. They let the tables go in groups, and if you are literally the last group...you have zero access to food for a long time. The first group is going back for seconds before you even have initial access. Perhaps that makes VIP worth it alone? I was in the last group and it wasn’t a great food experience.

ifan, do you know if they assign tables based on when the reservation was made or when you physically get in the line? I'm on the fence about VIP b/c we're not big drinkers & we don't have any kids in our party. Thus, it's not super important to us that we get in first to experience all the activities, etc. However, it'll be our first luau so I want to have a good experience. Just curious if there's any way of controlling where you're seated (and thus when you get to go up to the buffet)?

I'm curios if I do VIP seating, is better view based on first come first serve when you order tickets?

Our table was pre-allocated, but the seat at the table depended on arrival. As we were opposite each other my view was awful as everything was behind me and it was too tight to turn around. I would have seen much more on a table further back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!