VIP for Aulani Luau

Daver65

Earning My Ears
I know it's only $40.00 more for VIP, but is it worth the upgrade vs general admission?

@Daver65 How much do you value slightly better seats, easier admission and free booze? If your adults don't drink, might be a tough value choice. If you have a couple of people who can drink $30 over the course of the night, easier choice

We did the VIP and would not do the luau again without the VIP at this particular luau. We liked the better VIP seats and my son still wears the maui hook he was given. We appreciated the unlimited drinks, though I didn't really plow through enough of them to make that a reason alone to do the VIP. For us, it was really the combination of BOTH the seating, the maui hook, and the free drinks.

So, in summary, yes, we felt the VIP was worth it at this luau.

We did the VIP and would not do the luau again without the VIP at this particular luau. We liked the better VIP seats and my son still wears the maui hook he was given. We appreciated the unlimited drinks, though I didn't really plow through enough of them to make that a reason alone to do the VIP. For us, it was really the combination of BOTH the seating, the maui hook, and the free drinks.

So, in summary, yes, we felt the VIP was worth it at this luau.

Thanks for posting.

I booked the VIP for my family, but none of us drink so that wasn't the reason for booking it for us.

We booked it for the VIP seats so I'm so glad to hear it was worth it. So excited. Last time we were in Aulani, the luau wasn't even offered yet. It was just a show.

We also did the VIP. Not big drinkers, but it was totally worth it for us too. Our seats were fantastic, and we were some of the very first people in to do activities before they got busy.

We also did the VIP. Not big drinkers, but it was totally worth it for us too. Our seats were fantastic, and we were some of the very first people in to do activities before they got busy.
How did u get your seat assignment. Did they already have pre assigned seats or is it 1st come 1st serve

How did u get your seat assignment. Did they already have pre assigned seats or is it 1st come 1st serve
I’m honestly not sure. We got there early and were amongst the first seated and had front row seats. I might have recently posted pics on another thread if you search for luau threads (or i might be able to find some again if needed.

I’m honestly not sure. We got there early and were amongst the first seated and had front row seats. I might have recently posted pics on another thread if you search for luau threads (or i might be able to find some again if needed.
if you could send them that would be awesome. I keep reading different stories about the seating. I read for the VIP it is assigned seats and then I read that for the VIP it is 1st come 1st serve. I'm just trying to figure this out. if I could ask you a personal question and you can send the pictures inbox to me. I was wondering since you said you were one of the 1st ones there what time you got inline. Thank you.

I think they had some sort of pre-assigned seating. They asked us our name and then took us to a specific table. The people who were directly behind us in line were seated at a different table next to us. Then a few minutes later the hostesses who were doing the seating came along and asked us our name if if this was the table we were supposed to be seated at. There seemed to be some sort of mix-up and they thought for a minute we were at the wrong table because they were seating a large group at that table and they thought we were at the wrong table. After the went to check, they came back and said we were at the right table and we were just mixed in with a big family. So, in summary, yes I do believe the seating is assigned. We were in the VIP group and we were about the 12th people in line for the luau. There was a row of tables in front of the table we were seated at and many if not most of those people arrived after we did.

This was our view. I’m sorry I don’t remember what time we got in line but we were near the front. I like to be early :) 85B25896-2F98-42CD-ABD0-42456805D48E.jpeg

I believe it is preassigned seats. Another benefit of VIP is that you get to sit earlier and that means your kids can do many of the activities before there’s a line.

Just curious what the general consensus is for tipping since the event is prepaid. It sounds like there is some wait service (at least for drinks?) So is gratuity assumed? For VIP or otherwise?

I believe it is preassigned seats. Another benefit of VIP is that you get to sit earlier and that means your kids can do many of the activities before there’s a line.
early access was a big perk for us.

Just curious what the general consensus is for tipping since the event is prepaid. It sounds like there is some wait service (at least for drinks?) So is gratuity assumed? For VIP or otherwise?
Hi Thernandez - got this directly from the Aulani website - price includes gratuities

RESERVATION INFORMATION AND PRICING
To make reservations in advance, check availability and for more information, please click the link or call (844) 284-7644* between 7:00 AM and 4:30 PM HST.

Choose your seating package:

• VIP Seating – $179 Adults/$109 Keiki (ages 3 through 9). There is no charge for keiki under 3.
  • General Admission – $139 Adults/$89 Keiki (ages 3 through 9). There is no charge for keiki under 3.
Prices include gratuities. Tax additional.

Hi Thernandez - got this directly from the Aulani website - price includes gratuities

RESERVATION INFORMATION AND PRICING
To make reservations in advance, check availability and for more information, please click the link or call (844) 284-7644* between 7:00 AM and 4:30 PM HST.

Choose your seating package:

• VIP Seating – $179 Adults/$109 Keiki (ages 3 through 9). There is no charge for keiki under 3.
  • General Admission – $139 Adults/$89 Keiki (ages 3 through 9). There is no charge for keiki under 3.
Prices include gratuities. Tax additional.

Duh, I should have just read the fine print. Thanks for the info! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!