Vinyl heat presses

ajwolfe

DIS Veteran
So I recently borrowed a friends cameo and have been playing around with using vinyl for some craft projects. My husband seen that I enjoyed this so he purchased a new bundle for my upcoming birthday (he can't keep a secret lol). So now I'm curious about buying a heat press or one of these new mini presses. I'm not going to be using this a crazy so I'm wanting to keep it budget friendly. Any suggestions on which ones are the best bang for the buck?

Thanks!!

I have heard/read that to have the actual heat press you need a lot of room to use it and store it. I have heard one with a swing arm is better than a clamshell but I don't have either so no guarantees from me! I have the cricut ez press- I think I have the 9x9 size. I find it easy to use and works great for the personal use stuff I make.

I have heard/read that to have the actual heat press you need a lot of room to use it and store it. I have heard one with a swing arm is better than a clamshell but I don't have either so no guarantees from me! I have the cricut ez press- I think I have the 9x9 size. I find it easy to use and works great for the personal use stuff I make.

Thanks!! I was wondering about the ez press. Have you done shirts with it? To me that seems the "easiest" option.

I love my Cricut Easy Press 2! I have the largest size because I am Pooh sized so need to cover more space at once when making my shirts. It’s not a big deal to store it.

I have the Cricut press too and easy to use and haven’t had a problem with it. Easy to store too.

Does your local library have a maker space? Ours does and it has heat presses that are free to use anytime the space is open. It also has cricuts and 3d printers, sewing machines, etc. A crafter's dream space!

Does your local library have a maker space? Ours does and it has heat presses that are free to use anytime the space is open. It also has cricuts and 3d printers, sewing machines, etc. A crafter's dream space!
My local library is run by an idiot county council. We have hardly any books, lots of computers and tablets, a noisy indoor children's play area and some bright spark thought an area for teenagers was such a great idea, until the kids abused the area and staff and the police were called in to remove the kids. They provided plenty for kids, but, nothing for the people who actually would use it. I would love a maker area and I think you've given me an idea of what they should be doing, not that they'll listen.

That's awesome that your library has that! Ours doesn't but I think I will mention to them as they are getting ready to move to a bigger space and this would be greatly used in our area.

Not Cricut, but, the Brother Scan n Cut. I see they have a Disney version in the US, has anyone got one and are the Disney files worth paying the extra. I'm hoping we'll be getting it in the UK eventually as I love my current Scan n Cut. I'm not hopeful because they have the Disney collections you can by to upload to Canvas that has never become available over here.

I have a clam shell heat press. I wasn't a fan of the Easy Press. I don't really feel like it takes up that much space, I think mine was around $180?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!