Vintage monorail battery compartment

pks_domer

Mouseketeer
Hi all. Sorry if this has been posted already, I looked briefly on the board but didn't see it. For the old-school monorail playsets, does anybody have a good source for replacement screws for the battery compartment? I tried a few local hardware stores/chains, with no luck. Thanks in advance!

Try any stores that sell Remote Control hobby supplies, trains, RC planes, cars etc. Most of these items take really small screws.

Those would be a custom piece, doubtful you'll find anyone selling a replacement. Might look on eBay for a set, or see if anyone has created a door for 3D printing from sites like Thignsiverse, I found some monorail pieces, so you might see if somebody that created the 3D parts could make a door.

Those would be a custom piece, doubtful you'll find anyone selling a replacement. Might look on eBay for a set, or see if anyone has created a door for 3D printing from sites like Thignsiverse, I found some monorail pieces, so you might see if somebody that created the 3D parts could make a door.
Thanks! I just need the screw…

@pks_domer sorry totally missed that. Around here places like Home Depot & Lowe's have some custom specialty bins, but a small part like that might be hard to find there - if you're near an ACE hardware they have the same bins here, but they are larger and honestly the staff are way more helpful. Take the monorail main piece an you can probably find what you need, probably like an M1.

@pks_domer sorry totally missed that. Around here places like Home Depot & Lowe's have some custom specialty bins, but a small part like that might be hard to find there - if you're near an ACE hardware they have the same bins here, but they are larger and honestly the staff are way more helpful. Take the monorail main piece a you can probably find what you need, probably like an M1.
Thanks, I’ll give that a shot. I tried a couple of places here but will keep at it.

The screw is a special part, captive in the cover. If you are ok with the screw not being captive (a minor thing) any M 2.5 x 12 mm (or 10) will work. Just drill the hole in the cover to a bit more than 2.5 mm (7/64" , #35, etc.).

Home Depot shows the screws on their website: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Prime-L...tric-Machine-Screws-10-Pack-9130861/311229792

also my favorite, McMaster-Carr but as usual they want us to buy 100. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter