Vintage Disneyland/Retro themed girl nursery ideas wanted!

tofubeast

DIS Veteran
We are expecting a little girl around Halloween and are finally starting to work on our nursery...yay! :earsgirl: The room is painted a very pale yellow, and I purchased a white crib/dresser. We are going to be using these prints by Shag throughout the room that he did for Disneyland's 50th b'day.

shag-disneyland-lithos.jpg

I bought these prints awhile back and enjoyed them in my office. But in the back of my mind, I knew I always wanted to use them in a nursery if we had a baby. So while the room will have a little bit of a Disney feel, I don't want it to be tooooooo Disney'ish. (Is that wrong to say on the Dis?:scared1: lol) I want to play on the fun, vintage vibe seen in these prints.

Do any of you have any fun bedding suggestions that could work with this theme? I don't mind a little pink, but don't want to go overboard on pink as well. I am definitely not interested in going the princess route. Not my thing. I was more of a "Mouseketeer" as a kid. :rolleyes:

If you have any other fun suggestions that could work with this nursery idea, I would LOVE to hear them!! I do have some old Mickey ears that I might put on shelves etc.

Thanks! :thumbsup2

What about making your own pillows? you can go out and get some material that matches the art you're putting up. Accent them with some Mickey Mouse touches here and there on the pillows by either adding your own lettering, or profile iron ons.

I just made my first fe sets last night(and Im a new sewer). Very easy to make and would be absolutely fantastic to really accent that room with that custom feel.

What about making your own pillows? you can go out and get some material that matches the art you're putting up. Accent them with some Mickey Mouse touches here and there on the pillows by either adding your own lettering, or profile iron ons.

I just made my first fe sets last night(and Im a new sewer). Very easy to make and would be absolutely fantastic to really accent that room with that custom feel.

I can't sew, but my mom can!!! I like that idea a lot! Especially because I can maybe find some fabric with these prints, vintage Disney stuff, or a Shag like feel to them! Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter