Villas

Markical

Magical Mark
Continuing to plan for 2019 trip! More people are coming, yay! Yet for some reason don't want to stay on Disney property and would rather have a villa. Does anyone know of some good villas near the area? They have been looking at Highlands and around the Davenport area. I thought I would ask the wonderful and knowledgeable people here if they knew of any others.

Many, many thanks in advance!

Davenport is rather far from Disney. If Disney is your main destination, I would stick with places in the Kissimmee area like Windsor Hills, Windsor Palms, Crestwynd Bay, etc.

We booked a very reasonably priced 3 bed/3 bath townhome with a private splash pool in Windsor Hills for our 2018 trip. They have everything from 2 bedroom condos through 6 bedroom private pool homes in Windsor Hills, and the community pool looks very nice. It is supposed to be very close to the parks as well.

Davenport is rather far from Disney. If Disney is your main destination, I would stick with places in the Kissimmee area like Windsor Hills, Windsor Palms, Crestwynd Bay, etc.

The Davenport area is not Far from Disney . The city of Davenport itself is about 15 miles away.

Highlands Reserve , Hampton Lakes , Solana , Calabay Park, & others are in the Postal code area for Davenport

BUT are on Hwy 27 & Hwy 192 area all within 10 miles of A.Kingdom

The Davenport area is not Far from Disney . The city of Davenport itself is about 15 miles away.
I know where Davenport is. I just think it is too far away to stay if your main destination is Disney World. Now if Disney is only one item on your itinerary, that might be fine. If, for example, you also want to visit Legoland, Davenport is at least midway or better from Disney to Legoland. But I wouldn't want to be making that 15 mile drive every morning and evening to go to Disney. That would take a big chunk out of your day and also make it impossible to do mid-day breaks back at your villa, which you can easily do if you stay in Kissimmee.

Continuing to plan for 2019 trip! More people are coming, yay! Yet for some reason don't want to stay on Disney property and would rather have a villa. Does anyone know of some good villas near the area? They have been looking at Highlands and around the Davenport area. I thought I would ask the wonderful and knowledgeable people here if they knew of any others.

Many, many thanks in advance!

Windsor Hills is very popular on these boards but I haven't stayed there personally. We have stayed in both pool homes and townhouses in Lake Berkley. Good friends also regularly stay in Terra Verde.

I agree. We stayed in aHouse in Davenport a couple months ago and it seemed far. At times took 30 min or so to get back and forth. It also lakes choice when coming to restaurants. It took 15 minutes each way to pick up food our first night down. We're looking for something closer for this upcoming year.

If you're looking for big homes then Emerald Island has 7 and 8 bedroom homes and Formosa Gardens Estates and Reunion have 7 - 9 bedroom homes. These also have smaller than 7 br. There are a couple of listing sites that show side-by-side homes in some of the subdivisions.

There are many developments in the upper portion of Davenport. You can get a sense of the number by checking out Davenport on sites like VRBO.

Like most areas, you pay for location. You'll probably get a bit more square feet for your money renting in Davenport. Yes, it is a bit further from Disney than Windsor Hills. As an example during my visit a few days ago I left my house at 6:55am. I parked, strolled in from the parking lot, and was waiting at AK Security by 7:30am. I am slightly closer than Highlands. That is close enough for us but I understand that during a vacation every minute counts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts